Maybin waived by Jets

bourbonboy

How bout we stop talking **** about Maybin now, he has been gone for over a year and has got be so happy to be rid of our ****ty defense, in fact maybin could be a positive right now if we signed him, we wouldnt do worse that is for damn sure. so how about we stop with these maybin posts, i dont like the guy but enough is enough i never hear anybody talking about our other busts, where are the james hardy posts?

If hardy were on a divisional rival, a former top of the first pick, and desperately seeking attention whenever possible I imagine we'd hear more about him.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How bout we stop talking **** about Maybin now, he has been gone for over a year and has got be so happy to be rid of our ****ty defense, in fact maybin could be a positive right now if we signed him, we wouldnt do worse that is for damn sure. so how about we stop with these maybin posts, i dont like the guy but enough is enough i never hear anybody talking about our other busts, where are the james hardy posts?

Hardy wasn't as polarizing with his personality. He also wasn't one of the biggest reaches as a pick in Bills history.Maybin held out, his goofy haircut, his big mouth and failure to deliver. All add up to this special day for him. Most likely out of the NFL now.

Hardy just sucked.

i dont know how anyone thought hed be good at anything. hes a slow version of plaxico burress.

at 6'4 and 235 lbs or so is the same build as plaxico burress.... not another dline player, but a WR was likely his closest comparable in build last year for the jets.... and at maybins quickest 40 times hes essentially the same speed. no one would ever say "hey lets let plax get after the qb and try him at DE" but thats just what we did.

like you said, when he bulked up (combine) he came out SLOW.

just mind boggling he went so high when you look at his resume from that one year (both on the field, and in shorts).

I remember seeing video of him standing next to Terrell Owens and noticing that Owens looked more like a linebacker than did Maybin.

Anyone remember his buffalo bills haircut when he was a rookie? Haha look at him now

Actually that was one of the few things that Maybin did that endeared me to him.

As a pass rusher he's better than every LB on our roster. We could use him in certain packages

Okily dokily.

Is that you Aaron? Sorry you didn't make it dude.

Methinks thou doth protest too much Fergonius.

Per Rotoworld.....

Maybin appeared to get his career back on track as the team's most effective per-play pass rusher in 2011, but he had just two QB hits and zero sacks this season. The No. 9 overall pick in the 2009 draft managed just one tackle on 120 snaps through eight games.

Sign him Quick!

They must be getting ready to play Tebow as a blitzer

I'd rather have tebow as a blitzer than the noodles we have.

OUCH.......................

The big news, of course, is Maybin, whose star (if you could call it that) faded quickly after showing promise last season as a situational pass rusher. He led the Jets with six sacks last season, raising expectations for 2012. He didn't deliver. He recorded zero sacks in the first eight games and was a healthy scratch Sunday in Seattle, where he was replaced by a guy who never played in an NFL game --Ricky Sapp

Rex Ryan talked up Maybin in the preseason. Then again, he talks up a lot of players and they never pan out. He raved about FB John Conner, and look what happened to him. He, too, is unemployed. The Jets thought they had discovered a gem in the trash pile last year, when they signed Maybin after he was jettisoned by the Bills, who picked him 11th overall in 2009. He made a few plays and talked a lot in the offseason, saying he was going to gain weight so he could be an every-down player.

That never happened. Because he can't play the run, Maybin was relegated to third-and-long situations, and his playing time diminished. Nicknamed "Microphone" because of his booming voice, Maybin liked to talk. That chafed some teammates and it may have bothered some coaches, too. As one opposing personnel executive said Tuesday, "When you don't produce, and you talk, you get exposed."

http://espn.go.com/b...t-trufant-to-ir

Edited by Cville Bills

As one opposing personnel executive said Tuesday, "When you don't produce, and you talk, you get exposed."

When the Maybin supporters on here wonder why big mouths like Maybin take some much sh*t on this board go no further than this quote. I guess you don't have to be an executive to realize from day 1 that this guy wasn't a football player. An absolute tragic mistake in a great draft that epitomizes this train wreck of an organization.