Fitz's INT broken down from game film

jonramz

Stevie was not open. He was doubled with the safety sitting there waiting to break up anything going to the back corner. Graham may have been open had he read the right route, but he never should have been in that position to begin with. Spiller gets to at least the 5 with a throw to him. 28 seconds is enough time to clock it or get another play off.

Anyone else hear appreciating the irony of all of these armchair QB's dissecting and debating the correct read over the course of hours, after reviewing the play several times from a rather more easy view, when Fitz had about 3-4 seconds to do the same with huge lineman trying to tear his head off?

I know, that's what he's paid to do, etc. ect. But I still find it funny if not ironic.

Anyone else hear appreciating the irony of all of these armchair QB's dissecting and debating the correct read over the course of hours, after reviewing the play several times from a rather more easy view, when Fitz had about 3-4 seconds to do the same with huge lineman trying to tear his head off?

I know, that's what he's paid to do, etc. ect. But I still find it funny if not ironic.

Well Bob, now that everyone has access to game film like this, all us armchair qb's get to see what those professionals get to look at. I can't speak for everyone but it actually took me about 5 seconds to see what transpired with the play, and it actually just confirmed what I saw live. Now I'm not saying it didn't take others a couple hours of close examination, I'm only saying it didn't Take me that long. Of course I also didn't have those big scary lineman trying to decapitate me either.

Edited by 5 Wide

which planet... :wallbash:

The planet where qb's are defined by game winning drives. Watch the redzone, you'll see qb's actually complete that pass with no int.

It looks like a fun time.

I'm pulling for your boy after yesterday if he plays as well for rest of year I'm open to him staying. I doubt he can be that consistent but here's to hoping. You obviously see something in him

The planet where qb's are defined by game winning drives. Watch the redzone, you'll see qb's actually complete that pass with no int.

It looks like a fun time.

I'm pulling for your boy after yesterday if he plays as well for rest of year I'm open to him staying. I doubt he can be that consistent but here's to hoping. You obviously see something in him

I'm fine with him sticking next year - we just have to find another option to go with him (high draft pick).

for those that watched again/already, have had some excellent insight here.

A tough play really. Patriots had it.

**** happens.

Now two questions. First because i dont recall now, did fitz have more time to let someone shake off a defender.

And secondly was this a reasonable play call ? they didnt get open is the agreed opinion and CJ probably should have been the playmaker if he had even a chance.

Was it a decent call ? i would like you guys to help me out if you dont mind.

I hope to rewatch some of the game tomrrow.

thanks

for those that watched again/already, have had some excellent insight here.

A tough play really. Patriots had it.

**** happens.

Now two questions. First because i dont recall now, did fitz have more time to let someone shake off a defender.

And secondly was this a reasonable play call ? they didnt get open is the agreed opinion and CJ probably should have been the playmaker if he had even a chance.

Was it a decent call ? i would like you guys to help me out if you dont mind.

I hope to rewatch some of the game tomrrow.

thanks

Yes. We should've lived to see another play. The turnover there shouldn't happen. The inside throw there has been one of fitzs safer ones. I don't fault the play call.

Well said. Fitz probably had even less time than that. This amply illustrates just how difficult it is to be an NFL QB.

Regardless of the analysis (and the constant bitching and moaning of the keyboard jockeys on WGR and the News), I really wanted that one. I am beginning to hate the freaking Patriots as much as I hated the Dolphins in the 1970's, 80's, and 90's.

Love how people break down film in slow motion and can make judgements abou twaht should have been done...It was the right read. He cathces the ball and takes a hit at the goal line with his momentum carrying him into the endzone 95% of the time if he cuts in front of the safety. Right read right throw worng route. Loss. I think the lost timeouts in retrospect were the real killer. With those timeouts I think they might have run the ball in with CJ.

It will be the Tenn loss and the dopped INT that will define the rest of the season. Even going 6-1 may not be good enough.

The pass was really high for a small receiver to get. Cj was best option

Yes... McCourty was 5 yards deep in the end zone and had to elevate to get the ball. The throw was high and right at the safety. That's the fourth down throw not 2nd with 28 seconds but hey we are all Monday morning probowler qbs.

Fitz likes to attack the middle.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood