Is this the Start of faith in coaches crumbling? From Inside?

theesir

Stevie quotes from Joe B on WGR

@JoeBuscaglia

Stevie Johnson said that TJ Graham had never run the route he did on the #Bills final play vs. NE in either practice or a game.

Stevie continued: "But in that situation I guess things was hurried up and we had people in positions where maybe they shouldn't have been."

More from Stevie "I'm more experienced with that route, Donald is and Scott is more experienced with that route...

...So I think in that situation we should of had some more experience there." #Bills

Edited by theesir

I'm thinking it's good that coaches and players are picking apart that specific play. It was a huge play that the good teams tend to execute more often than not. The good teams will find a way to score there at the end.

I don't think this will tear the team down but they have to realize it's not just another lost opportunity. This was a game ending that should've gone the Bills way and they failed. Make sure it doesn't happen again.

Probably another example of how losing those two timeouts to injuy doomed that drive. (Not that it should have, just that we're not a good enough team to overcome it.)

Possible. Or SJ running his mouth. I have my opinion on which is more likely.

BTW, I deleted my post thinking the OP deleted that tweet in his, but now I see he just reordered them.

It was a mess when I first pasted them, so I just took the text of the tweets and put them in the order that they originally showed up.

I have to believe that based on the particular receiver you are, there are certain routes you are assigned and some you are not. I think I can trust that Stevie knows that TJ had not worked in formations that had him running that particular route.

The thing that worries me the most about this is that Stevie has been one of Chan's biggest supporters and this comment make it seem he feels like maybe Chan can't keep up with the what's going on on the field.

This coaching staff is really starting to drive me nuts. They don't use spiller enough because "the personnel packages and gameplan don't allow it". They don't go to their best players in the clutch because for whatever reason. They really make football harder than it needs to be. I know the NFL is complex, but these guys over think and constantly outsmart themselves.

This coaching staff is really starting to drive me nuts. They don't use spiller enough because "the personnel packages and gameplan don't allow it". They don't go to their best players in the clutch because for whatever reason. They really make football harder than it needs to be. I know the NFL is complex, but these guys over think and constantly outsmart themselves.

Although then you watch a team like the Chiefs last night and realize Gailey's play calling is light years ahead of some teams...even if it frustrates Bills fans.

Although then you watch a team like the Chiefs last night and realize Gailey's play calling is light years ahead of some teams...even if it frustrates Bills fans.

Yeah, that Chief team is a mess. Romeo Cromel looks like he's completely checked out. And that little fat kid who seems to be their Offensive Coordinator was on the bench yelling at Cassal but seemed like he was yelling about the binder full of pictures being stuck and having no clue what to do. He looked completely over his head.

I admit, Chan seems engaged, but I'm sorry to say this, but I don't think he can think on his feet fast enough to be an effective play to play coach.

Actually, IMHO, I think that it was correct to target TJ in that situation, they had not throw to him much all day, and

should have caught the Pats off guard, but I do not think that they should have been throwing to the end zone on that particular play.

They should have just tried to pick up some yardage and then run it in, they had time, and it would have only been second down.

Fred was hurt so that probably skewd their thinking some maybe figuring that they had to strike quick, again another example

of Chan outthinking himself.

Like an earlier series where it was third and short just inside NE territory, and we throw an ill-fated bomb, just plain dumb.

Yeah, that Chief team is a mess. Romeo Cromel looks like he's completely checked out. And that little fat kid who seems to be their Offensive Coordinator was on the bench yelling at Cassal but seemed like he was yelling about the binder full of pictures being stuck and having no clue what to do. He looked completely over his head.

I admit, Chan seems engaged, but I'm sorry to say this, but I don't think he can think on his feet fast enough to be an effective play to play coach.

Yeah, Romeo is looking like a horrible hire. He just does not have the feel of a head coach out there. He will be gone at year end, as will a bunch of other guys and KC will draft their new franchise QB #1 overall and be a much better club next season. I'm almost envious of them.

Possible. Or SJ running his mouth. I have my opinion on which is more likely.

BTW, I deleted my post thinking the OP deleted that tweet in his, but now I see he just reordered them.

Are you seriously asking if professional WRs know the routes their teammates run?

Are you seriously asking if professional WRs know the routes their teammates run?

+1

was just gonna post this exact thing...."how does Stevie know what routes TJ runs" - DUH...they know the playbook inside and out, thats why they are professionals...you know what everyones doing on every play (or you SHOULD, thats part of the job)

+1

was just gonna post this exact thing...."how does Stevie know what routes TJ runs" - DUH...they know the playbook inside and out, thats why they are professionals...you know what everyones doing on every play (or you SHOULD, thats part of the job)

And maybe that they practice together?