No fix for Nix

Regular season play 2010 -

We scored 283 points (17.7/g), 28th of 32 in the NFL.

We allowed 425 points (26.6/g), 28th in the NFL.

A total differential of -142 points (-8.9/g), 30th.

So basically, we lost by an average of ~9 points a game. This translates into a 2 score loss.

Regular season play 2011 -

We scored 372 points (23.2/g), 14th of 32 in the NFL.

We have allowed 434 points (27.1/g), 30th in the NFL.

A total differential of -62 points (-3.9/g), 22nd in the NFL.

So basically, we lost by an average of ~4 points a game. This translates into a 1 Touchdown deficit, which is manageable.

Regular season play to date 2012 -

We scored 180 points (22.5/g), 18th of 32 in the NFL.

Allowed 248 points (31.0/g), 31st in the NFL.

A total differential of -68 points (-8.5/g), 29th.

So if you extrapolate the rest of this out, we would lose by an average of ~8.5 points a game. This translates into a 2 score loss.

It's a regression & clearly shows that the on-field results have gotten worse. The Bills spent a fortune ($100 Million for Mario) on new talent in an attempt to improve our team. We could add all the talent we want because Nix & the whole coaching staff wouldn't know how to play them best or prepare them for in-game changes. Our schedule has also gotten easier, as well as most of our opponents talent levels have dropped and yet we still regressed. Add in the fact that we drafted a shiny new sports car (Spiller) & traded away Lynch, who's been quite productive for Seattle to date. Nix spent most of this draft / off-season money on defense & our defense is one of the worst in the NFL, which tells you how this season is going to turn out.

After reviewing the last few years of regular season play with some improvement and the regression this year, I'd say there's no fix for Nix.

Great... fire Buddy. Then bring in some other wotrthless tit on a boar's ass. I guess the fans don't get it. Until ownership changes, any change that is made is superficial, basically "window dressing". The Bills are on a treadmill.... period. They are laughing stocks.

I've decided to move on from this "bad marriage". I'm separating and shacking up with my "misstress", the Steelers. I'll keep one 'half closed' eye on my "wife" (the Bills). At some point, if she demonstrates she's worthy of my return, I'll consider that, and may decide to return her. But, for now, I'm just gonna sit back and laugh at the stupid B word.

Now, the best part of this is that today, it is70 degrees in CNY. I get to enjoy the day outside til late afternoon and not have to feel like crap when the Pats run over the Bills today. The bonus is, I can enjoy tomorrow too, not having to listen to crap about the Bills as I approach the water cooler wearing my Steelers jersey. Then at 8:30 tomorrow night, I get to watch the Steelers kick the living crap out of another sorry ass loser team. Life is good again.

How about Polian?

Great... fire Buddy. Then bring in some other wotrthless tit on a boar's ass. I guess the fans don't get it. Until ownership changes, any change that is made is superficial, basically "window dressing". The Bills are on a treadmill.... period. They are laughing stocks.

I've decided to move on from this "bad marriage". I'm separating and shacking up with my "misstress", the Steelers. I'll keep one 'half closed' eye on my "wife" (the Bills). At some point, if she demonstrates she's worthy of my return, I'll consider that, and may decide to return her. But, for now, I'm just gonna sit back and laugh at the stupid B word.

Now, the best part of this is that today, it is70 degrees in CNY. I get to enjoy the day outside til late afternoon and not have to feel like crap when the Pats run over the Bills today. The bonus is, I can enjoy tomorrow too, not having to listen to crap about the Bills as I approach the water cooler wearing my Steelers jersey. Then at 8:30 tomorrow night, I get to watch the Steelers kick the living crap out of another sorry ass loser team. Life is good again.

Regular season play to date 2012 -

We scored 180 points (22.5/g), 18th of 32 in the NFL.

Allowed 248 points (31.0/g), 31st in the NFL.

A total differential of -68 points (-8.5/g), 29th..

Average Offense, Terrible Defense. Nix and Chan stay, Wannstedt goes.

Priority for draft is QB and LB.

I will be surprised if anything more complicated than that happens after this season.

Doug Whaley is the logical replacement IF Ralph will even consider a change.

No one else is coming in. It's discussed non stop here but Whaley is the heir apparent.

That's about as much change that can be made until new ownership. It may be all that's

needed. Polian was a nobody until the Bills, Ralph getting chit ass lucky again on Whaley is the only hope

this can be turned around again.

Whaley has to have a feel for the players here, he needs to get promoted and show the team

what he can do. Honestly, the dude has to be having nightmares as to why he took a gig in Buffalo to begin with.

I never heard his comments. What did he say?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000092139/article/greg-schiano-voted-leastliked-coach-by-nfl-players

"Sixty-one guys. That's the only ones I care (about), the ones back in that locker room," Schiano told the Tampa Bay Times. "Now if they voted? We're going to ship them off to Buffalo or something."

I just don't know about Nix. Like everything in Buffalo the past decade he has made some good and bad decisions. Glenn looks like very good LT. Too soon to tell how good. Gilmore looks the part. But Carrington, Easley, Troup, Williams are all busts in the making. Resigning Stevie was well done. Barnett was good for a year. If he gets Levitre to resign and Byrd that would be another two jobs well done. Chandler and Urbik look serviceable. Dareus still needs time.

I am ok with Nix Gailey Whaley and an entire new defensive coaching staff for one more year. If they are able to resign Levitre and Byrd and then bring in a FA WR or LB before the draft then it may only be one more year.

But honestly anything less than 5-2 and a sweep of Miami and victory over the hapless Jets I would get rid of all of them and turn it over to Whaley. If they win out, miss the playoffs due to the Tenn loss, and RW fired all of them I probably wouldn't be upset.

That is what it has been like for 12 years. Some things about each individual that are just good enough to give us hope be it DJ and keeping games close, Mularkey's creativity, Bledsoe's 8 hall of fame games, high priced FA signings, hell even TO worked for a while here. So dam close.

I guess the common thread has been a lack of the superstar QB that can cover up the other warts. I think the Fitz haters lump him in with Todd Collins, AVP, Losman, and the rest. I think Fitz is so much better than the rest but obviously he is not good enough to overcome the rest of the holes on this team. Brady can overcome a defense that gives up 31 pts. Fitz can not. If Fitz was on Baltimore right now would he be 7-2? I would not give big FA money for Flacco. Is Dalton good because of AJ Green? I don't know.

All I know is this season hurts as much as the Bledsoe loss to the Steelers back-ups. This team should be better. Is that coaching or is the best yet to be seen these next 7 games???

I just don't know about Nix. Like everything in Buffalo the past decade he has made some good and bad decisions. Glenn looks like very good LT. Too soon to tell how good. Gilmore looks the part. But Carrington, Easley, Troup, Williams are all busts in the making. Resigning Stevie was well done. Barnett was good for a year. If he gets Levitre to resign and Byrd that would be another two jobs well done. Chandler and Urbik look serviceable. Dareus still needs time.

I am ok with Nix Gailey Whaley and an entire new defensive coaching staff for one more year. If they are able to resign Levitre and Byrd and then bring in a FA WR or LB before the draft then it may only be one more year.

But honestly anything less than 5-2 and a sweep of Miami and victory over the hapless Jets I would get rid of all of them and turn it over to Whaley. If they win out, miss the playoffs due to the Tenn loss, and RW fired all of them I probably wouldn't be upset.

That is what it has been like for 12 years. Some things about each individual that are just good enough to give us hope be it DJ and keeping games close, Mularkey's creativity, Bledsoe's 8 hall of fame games, high priced FA signings, hell even TO worked for a while here. So dam close.

I guess the common thread has been a lack of the superstar QB that can cover up the other warts. I think the Fitz haters lump him in with Todd Collins, AVP, Losman, and the rest. I think Fitz is so much better than the rest but obviously he is not good enough to overcome the rest of the holes on this team. Brady can overcome a defense that gives up 31 pts. Fitz can not. If Fitz was on Baltimore right now would he be 7-2? I would not give big FA money for Flacco. Is Dalton good because of AJ Green? I don't know.

All I know is this season hurts as much as the Bledsoe loss to the Steelers back-ups. This team should be better. Is that coaching or is the best yet to be seen these next 7 games???

Or is it that the rest of the team is not good enough to overcome the hole at QB?