The Entitlement Mentality - The GOP Edition

Mitt is worried about all his sheeple after the election... They will all get severence pay! He's worried what will become of his crack A-team... LoL.

LABillz: Your check is int he mail! :beer:

if that is true about Mitt, don't know if it is or isn't, but that is a very noble thing to do for all his staff who worked there ass off for him. At least he appreciates the hard work they put in.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if that is true about Mitt, don't know if it is or isn't, but that is a very noble thing to do for all his staff who worked there ass off for him. At least he appreciates the hard work they put in.

According to some articles I read, yep. Didn't want to go on vacation until he got his employees work.

Money isn't important until there is none left. Just because the electorate is short sighted doesn't mean they are correct.

If the economy ever.gets to Europe levels (and it.could) it will not be pretty.

Want to see the next disaster? France just passed.their famous tax increases and forecasts gdp will grow 2%. The imf forecasts less than 50bps. Wait till that train wreck hits.

To quote Willy Wonka: "The suspense is killing me. I hope it lasts forever."

First of all, I am most definitely not a liberal. Ok? I don't claim to have a degree in economics, but hasn't the 8 years of the Bush administration show you trickle down doesn't work? Maybe it worked 30 or 40 years ago, when morals was a good thing to have. But today? This world is consumed by greed. The more we have the more we want.

Ask yourself what the economy was really like under Bush up until the crisis. Use GDP growth & unemployment numbers. Also ask yourself what the stock market was like before the crisis and compare it to now. While making that comparison factor in the inflation rate, the real inflation rate and the percieved inflation rate. When you've done that, find out what caused the crisis. What actual policies were the catalyst? The guys you are discussing this with can rattle off answers to those questions without having to look it up. Telling them you'll have to respond in crayon is the kind of response someone with a closed mind would throw out there.

First of all, I am most definitely not a liberal. Ok? I don't claim to have a degree in economics, but hasn't the 8 years of the Bush administration show you trickle down doesn't work? Maybe it worked 30 or 40 years ago, when morals was a good thing to have. But today? This world is consumed by greed. The more we have the more we want.

Forget your political stripe. Forget Bush. Forget Romney. Forget Palin. Forget Bachmann. (Though I know some of you batschittcrazy progressivs just can't for even a moment.)

Forget all of that and just explain this one simple thing: How does President Barack Obama's Middle-Out Economic Growth Plan work? Why is this so hard for you people? You voted for the freaking guy. How can you not explain his economic plan?

Ask yourself what the economy was really like under Bush up until the crisis. Use GDP growth & unemployment numbers. Also ask yourself what the stock market was like before the crisis and compare it to now. While making that comparison factor in the inflation rate, the real inflation rate and the percieved inflation rate. When you've done that, find out what caused the crisis. What actual policies were the catalyst? The guys you are discussing this with can rattle off answers to those questions without having to look it up. Telling them you'll have to respond in crayon is the kind of response someone with a closed mind would throw out there.

This country was in a free fall heading into the 2008 elections. 800,000 jobs a month were being lost. The feds were printing money faster you could count it. the interests rates and inflation were distorted. The dollar, compared to canada, europe and china was pretty much worthless. The stock exchange went from an all time high to almost cut in half in six months! So you tell me trickle down economics and deregulation works?

This country was in a free fall heading into the 2008 elections. 800,000 jobs a month were being lost. The feds were printing money faster you could count it. the interests rates and inflation were distorted. The dollar, compared to canada, europe and china was pretty much worthless. The stock exchange went from an all time high to almost cut in half in six months! So you tell me trickle down economics and deregulation works?

Forget all of that and just explain this one simple thing: How does President Barack Obama's Middle-Out Economic Growth Plan work?

Forget your political stripe. Forget Bush. Forget Romney. Forget Palin. Forget Bachmann. (Though I know some of you batschittcrazy progressivs just can't for even a moment.)

Forget all of that and just explain this one simple thing: How does President Barack Obama's Middle-Out Economic Growth Plan work? Why is this so hard for you people? You voted for the freaking guy. How can you not explain his economic plan?

You know what you look like when you assume? I am not a progressive, I did not vote for Obama this election, in fact I voted republican the previous two elections. As far as your question goes? How the hell do I know. I just know what doesn't work.

One more time. Think about the questions I asked you. I'm trying to get you to find out on your own if it was Bush's policies that caused the crisis or something else. Don't spout out things like "trickle down economics" or "deregulation" unless you are willing to explain yourself. LA has asked you to explain "middle out economics", do you want me to ask you to explain what "trickle down economics" Bush used, or what acts of "deregulation" caused the crisis?

One more time. Think about the questions I asked you. I'm trying to get you to find out on your own if it was Bush's policies that caused the crisis or something else. Don't spout out things like "trickle down economics" or "deregulation" unless you are willing to explain yourself. LA has asked you to explain "middle out economics", do you want me to ask you to explain what "trickle down economics" Bush used, or what acts of "deregulation" caused the crisis?

Look, I know what it means, I also know it wasn't only Bush's fault the economy went in the dumper. But the buck stops at his desk. He is the one in charge. I really don't appreciate your patronizing tone. That is why the Republicans lost this last election. You talk as if your the only one who knows anything. Come down out of your ivory tower and talk to people, not talk down to them. Then maybe you will be taken seriously.

Look, I know what it means, I also know it wasn't only Bush's fault the economy went in the dumper. But the buck stops at his desk. He is the one in charge. I really don't appreciate your patronizing tone. That is why the Republicans lost this last election. You talk as if your the only one who knows anything. Come down out of your ivory tower and talk to people, not talk down to them. Then maybe you will be taken seriously.

I guess it's hard not to be seen as talking down to another person when they have shown no propensity to discuss a subject other than using talking points and non specific responses. There's a basic difference in our thinking here. Your "buck stops here" comment is off base. The POTUS is not "in charge" of the economy. The POTUS is responsible for putting "the economy" in a position to succeed. There is a reason that the economy went into the schitter and it wasn't because of Bush's policies. There is a reason the economy is flailing now and it's because Obama's policies are not allowing it to succeed. Business people know this and are scared as hell about the future.

Actually, trickle down economics do work. Reagan's policies paved the way for job creation, and broadened the tax base, resulting in good times in the 90s.

Progressives don't understand this. Hence why they cried that Romney's math didn't add up.

Edited by sodbuster

Actually, trickle down economics do work. Reagan's policies paved the way for job creation, and broadened the tax base, resulting in good times in the 90s.

Progressives don't understand this. Hence why they cried that Romney's math didn't add up.

Yeah... But what is the end game?

Honestly... Who the heck wants to hire people if one can prosper without that headache. We are in a streamlined, highly competitive world... The spigot is stuck on closed.

Don't claim that they work. Explain what, specifically, the term trickle-down economics refers to, and how that specific economic philosophy works.

Yeah... But what is the end game?

Honestly... Who the heck wants to hire people if one can prosper without that headache. We are in a streamlined, highly competitive world... The spigot is stuck on closed.

Jesus Christ...

How many of you !@#$s are adamantly opposed to this philosophy that you don't understand?

Explain in detail what trickle-down economic is.

Don't claim that they work. Explain what, specifically, the term trickle-down economics refers to, and how that specific economic philosophy works.

Jesus Christ...

How many of you !@#$s are adamantly opposed to this philosophy that you don't understand?

Explain in detail what trickle-down economic is.

I am not adamently opposed.

I am not adamently opposed.

Do you have to play the clown 9 out of 10 times? When you don't play the clown someone can at least have a conversation with you that makes some sense. When you play the clown there's not much difference between you and Conner/Ducky.