The Entitlement Mentality - The GOP Edition

I thought it was just me. I swear, you'd think they lost the election. Just read the OP's comments. How can anyone have their side win the presidency and sound so angry?

Agreed- I don't understand why, but so many people in this country seem to prefer being angry.

I received a message from a friend of mine, whose son is near the end of the line in fighting cancer (I won't share too many details). I find that more of a subject to get angry about than politics or religion. It is internal conflict that is bringing down our country, more than our external wars.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As more details emerge from the Romneys’ “backstage” experience on election night as it became apparent that Obama was the winner (Romney quietly stunned, Ryan flabbergasted, their wives crying), it sheds quite a light on how they expect to get whatever they want, whenever they want it. And who can blame them when you look at the lives they've lived up to this point.

These smug, born-rich jerks have the nerve to call 47% of us entitled moochers and take aim at programs that help us, when they themselves are the DEFINITION of entitled. The Romneys get (and greedily hoard) everything they want in any quantity they desire on demand, and they always have. It’s all they know. And now, with this election, there's something they really, REALLY wanted BAD, and guess what? They can’t have it. All I can say is: Welcome to our world. This, of course, is just a taste, and they’ll never REALLY know what reality’s like, but it is SO SWEET to hear about these arrogant pricks just gobsmacked and broken and crying about not being able to get what they want. They wanted something that they couldn’t buy and they don’t know how to deal.

And the best part of all is that it’s sounding like they didn’t know it was coming. We already knew that their base had no idea; the conservative-media-bubble did its usual fine job of keeping them brainwashed and misinformed. However, it’s looking more and more like Mitt and Ann and Paul were also taken in. They embraced whatever alternative polls and sources that Fox and their ilk were pushing, they bought fireworks and brimmed with confidence, and were left stunned by the election’s outcome. The fact that the willful, practiced ignorance that made the prospect of their administration so dangerous to us allowed them not just to be defeated, but to actually be AMBUSHED by it really is the icing on the cake.

A lot of people will say, "Oh leave Romney alone, he lost". I agree, the only thing worse than sore losers are sore winners. I look forward to the GOP taking this lumping as a wake-up call and coming across the aisle to help work together on solving America's issues. However, I want you to imagine when Romney was CEO of Bain. And under him they bought a lot of companies, fired the people in them to inflate the money in the company and then sold the company for inflated prices. Most of those companies didn't last long after the horrible gutting and looting Bain did. And the people felt despair and loss while Romney enjoyed more money in his pocket.

Now think about how Romney feels with his rich friends and himself having tried to buy the Presidency.

Feeling entitled to be President even with all the lying and flip flopping. Having people like limbaugh, adelson, trump and rove at his side. And you'll understand why I do not feel bad for him at all.

The more I watched Romney, the more it seemed like he believed himself to be hand-picked by God to become President. Every politician believes they'll win but Romney is such an ardent believer in God that I think a loss for him a direct repudiation from The Lord.

There is a Mormon prophecy about the "white horse", a Mormon who will win the Presidency and usher in a Theocratic Mormon gilded age for America. Mitt may have thought this was him.

The Romney's believed the Presidency was going to be a Divine Entitlement.

What they didn't expect was an American public who couldnt be bought, and DIDNT want to set the country back 50 years.

"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."

Meaning that if your hubris keeps you from even considering a concession speech, don't expect God to help you inherit so much as the White House.

http://www.capitolhi....com/node/45630

Typical lib blather. Ask a lib why they vote the way they do and they lob bombs at the other side. You rarely (I'd like to say never) hear them talk about what is good about the agenda of the left. The group of voters that have the most to gain from fiscal discipline and stemming the tide of our massive debt are the young voters IMO. More than 60% of voters 30 and under voted for Obama. There's your election right there. What we have on our hands in this country is an awareness problem.

I thought it was just me. I swear, you'd think they lost the election. Just read the OP's comments. How can anyone have their side win the presidency and sound so angry?

They get it from BO. He has diminished the office of The Presidency immeasurably. He's just a useful fool for the CIA.

I think you are being a bit harsh on Romney- I don't have nearly the problem with him, that I do with the American people who think everything that supports their stance is fact.

Still I would say that the re-election of President Obama shatters the myth that we are a center-right country. We haven't been for quite some time. The Republicans have soem good ideas, but if they don't become a part of the country, they will fade into oblivion

I still think we are a center-right country overall, and remain so on fiscal issues. But we are becoming more polarized on social issues and the mainstream has shifted from center-right to center-left in that area.

Momentum swings back and forth and the biggest short term impact is a popular President. For all our bitching about whoever is in office, we love our incumbants. In the past 30 years, every President except Bush (and that probably only thanks to Perot) has been reelected.

Typical lib blather. Ask a lib why they vote the way they do and they lob bombs at the other side. You rarely (I'd like to say never) hear them talk about what is good about the agenda of the left. The group of voters that have the most to gain from fiscal discipline and stemming the tide of our massive debt are the young voters IMO. More than 60% of voters 30 and under voted for Obama. There's your election right there. What we have on our hands in this country is an awareness problem.

That is true. I'm surrounded by liberals and anytime i voice any sort of opinion, even in the most polite of methods, it is usually responded by insults rather than actual discussion. A bit like the OP. Throws a stink bomb and then yells "Right Wing Circle Jerk" and takes off.

Typical for these parts. Nothing else to say? Personal attack on an anonymous stranger!

Thats all the far right posters on this forum have. They call names, use long winded wordy posts to prove how much smarter they are than you. i actually have pity on them.

You can't show me that I'm wrong because I'm not. More people are out of work than ever. The economy is growing more slowly than it did a couple years ago. And with companies firing people because of Obamacare,I hope it's only going to get worse.

Fixed it for you

That is true. I'm surrounded by liberals and anytime i voice any sort of opinion, even in the most polite of methods, it is usually responded by insults rather than actual discussion. A bit like the OP. Throws a stink bomb and then yells "Right Wing Circle Jerk" and takes off.

But it's not just soundbite simpletons like the OP, there is a real aversion to the GOP by a lot of successful, intelligent people. I overheard a conservations between two such people at work a few months ago. One described Obama as a "huge disappointment" but when asked if he'd vote for him again he replied retorically "what's the alternative?" I bet 70% of my extended social circle went for Obama; and these are people in their 30s and 40s who pay taxes and mortgages.

The GOPs refusal to accept that mainsteam American continues to drift to the left on social issues (and their inability to stop the Democrats from painting all Republicans as anti-gay, anti-abortion bigots) is slowly killing them.

Thats all the far right posters on this forum have. They call names, use long winded wordy posts to prove how much smarter they are than you. i actually have pity on them.

It doesn't take much to prove how anyone is smarter than you :lol:

But it's not just soundbite simpletons like the OP, there is a real aversion to the GOP by a lot of successful, intelligent people. I overheard a conservations between two such people at work a few months ago. One described Obama as a "huge disappointment" but when asked if he'd vote for him again he replied retorically "what's the alternative?" I bet 70% of my extended social circle went for Obama; and these are people in their 30s and 40s who pay taxes and mortgages.

The GOPs refusal to accept that mainsteam American continues to drift to the left on social issues (and their inability to stop the Democrats from painting all Republicans as anti-gay, anti-abortion bigots) is slowly killing them.

It all depends on priority. I think the economy is the #1 priority followed by foreign policy. Social issues are on the backburner in my opinion.

When people tell me, "well it's not only about the economy", I ask them how the Spanish, Greeks, Italians and Portuguese feel about their governments social policies :lol:

Money isn't everything until nothing is left.

That's because they're screwed and they know it. Think about it for just one second: what's the plan moving forward? Here is is in a nutshell:

1) Raise taxes on rich

2) ????

3) Prosperity!

They have no plan, and anyone paying even the least bit of attention knows that any growth on the horizon is incidental. Companies are already cutting back employees to avoid the Obamacare mandate, people with cash are stuffing it in mattresses, and 150,000 jobs added a month is the new normal. We'll hear how holiday hiring is actually just more about us moving in the right direction, and how we shouldn't really just look at a single month of numbers.

But hey...you can still get an abortion and Big Bird keeps his job, so FORWARD it is!!! I just hope the takers are rested because pulling that wagon on their own is going to be some hard work.

That's because they're screwed and they know it. Think about it for just one second: what's the plan moving forward? Here is is in a nutshell:

1) Raise taxes on rich

2) ????

3) Prosperity!

They have no plan, and anyone paying even the least bit of attention knows that any growth on the horizon is incidental. Companies are already cutting back employees to avoid the Obamacare mandate, people with cash are stuffing it in mattresses, and 150,000 jobs added a month is the new normal. We'll hear how holiday hiring is actually just more about us moving in the right direction, and how we shouldn't really just look at a single month of numbers.

But hey...you can still get an abortion and Big Bird keeps his job, so FORWARD it is!!! I just hope the takers are rested because pulling that wagon on their own is going to be some hard work.

There is a caveat in all this added regulation. I'm going to lose my job primarily because of Basel III but I also have an interview for a job as a consultant for firms trying to get ready for Basel III and Dodd-Frank :lol:

Progress! /DIN

It all depends on priority. I think the economy is the #1 priority followed by foreign policy. Social issues are on the backburner in my opinion.

When people tell me, "well it's not only about the economy", I ask them how the Spanish, Greeks, Italians and Portuguese feel about their governments social policies :lol:

Money isn't everything until nothing is left.

Absolutely; those are exactly my priorities too. It drives me up a wall that our Hot Pockets media spends more time talking about gay marriage than the deficit and as a result, millions of dumb lemmings vote based on that. Which is why it's infuriating that the GOP spends any effort caring about it. By insisting it remains on the table as an 'issue', they allow the opposition to focus the debate on that rather than on the gross mishandling of our nation's fiscal health.

Absolutely; those are exactly my priorities too. It drives me up a wall that our Hot Pockets media spends more time talking about gay marriage than the deficit and as a result, millions of dumb lemmings vote based on that. Which is why it's infuriating that the GOP spends any effort caring about it. By insisting it remains on the table as an 'issue', they allow the opposition to focus the debate on that rather than on the gross mishandling of our nation's fiscal health.

This is exactly it. A bunch of douchey college students voting Dem because "the GOP is full of bigots and they want into your uterus and bedrooms." I dont know who to hate more for this, my generation of douchey college students, or the GOP for making a pointless stand to police peoples morals.

This is exactly it. A bunch of douchey college students voting Dem because "the GOP is full of bigots and they want into your uterus and bedrooms." I dont know who to hate more for this, my generation of douchey college students, or the GOP for making a pointless stand to police peoples morals.

It is true that it takes a special brand of stupid to say that women's bodies shut down during a rape or the other asinine quote from which I can't remember but you can't really cure stupid.

Let me just say, I don't think Mitt Romney is the devil. It is not personal, since I don't know him personally. It's his trickle down policies that don't work is what I am against. You give the wealthy more money, they hoard it away. The stock market is proof of this. It has almost doubled the last four years. Why is unemployment still high? Why aren't they hiring? They are making money, they just choose to get by with less workers and keep the money for themselves.

Let me just say, I don't think Mitt Romney is the devil. It is not personal, since I don't know him personally. It's his trickle down policies that don't work is what I am against. You give the wealthy more money, they hoard it away. The stock market is proof of this. It has almost doubled the last four years. Why is unemployment still high? Why aren't they hiring? They are making money, they just choose to get by with less workers and keep the money for themselves.

Now that is what I call logic!

/conner

So in addition to being wrong about everything else, you also don't know what trickle-down economics are?

Fixed it for you

Yes, I hope Obamacare destroys (what was previously) the greatest country in history. :rolleyes:

It's more like it's the cool thing to do. Like vote in American Idol, or The Voice, or any of those mindless reality shows.