The Entitlement Mentality - The GOP Edition

As more details emerge from the Romneys’ “backstage” experience on election night as it became apparent that Obama was the winner (Romney quietly stunned, Ryan flabbergasted, their wives crying), it sheds quite a light on how they expect to get whatever they want, whenever they want it. And who can blame them when you look at the lives they've lived up to this point.

These smug, born-rich jerks have the nerve to call 47% of us entitled moochers and take aim at programs that help us, when they themselves are the DEFINITION of entitled. The Romneys get (and greedily hoard) everything they want in any quantity they desire on demand, and they always have. It’s all they know. And now, with this election, there's something they really, REALLY wanted BAD, and guess what? They can’t have it. All I can say is: Welcome to our world. This, of course, is just a taste, and they’ll never REALLY know what reality’s like, but it is SO SWEET to hear about these arrogant pricks just gobsmacked and broken and crying about not being able to get what they want. They wanted something that they couldn’t buy and they don’t know how to deal.

And the best part of all is that it’s sounding like they didn’t know it was coming. We already knew that their base had no idea; the conservative-media-bubble did its usual fine job of keeping them brainwashed and misinformed. However, it’s looking more and more like Mitt and Ann and Paul were also taken in. They embraced whatever alternative polls and sources that Fox and their ilk were pushing, they bought fireworks and brimmed with confidence, and were left stunned by the election’s outcome. The fact that the willful, practiced ignorance that made the prospect of their administration so dangerous to us allowed them not just to be defeated, but to actually be AMBUSHED by it really is the icing on the cake.

A lot of people will say, "Oh leave Romney alone, he lost". I agree, the only thing worse than sore losers are sore winners. I look forward to the GOP taking this lumping as a wake-up call and coming across the aisle to help work together on solving America's issues. However, I want you to imagine when Romney was CEO of Bain. And under him they bought a lot of companies, fired the people in them to inflate the money in the company and then sold the company for inflated prices. Most of those companies didn't last long after the horrible gutting and looting Bain did. And the people felt despair and loss while Romney enjoyed more money in his pocket.

Now think about how Romney feels with his rich friends and himself having tried to buy the Presidency.

Feeling entitled to be President even with all the lying and flip flopping. Having people like limbaugh, adelson, trump and rove at his side. And you'll understand why I do not feel bad for him at all.

The more I watched Romney, the more it seemed like he believed himself to be hand-picked by God to become President. Every politician believes they'll win but Romney is such an ardent believer in God that I think a loss for him a direct repudiation from The Lord.

There is a Mormon prophecy about the "white horse", a Mormon who will win the Presidency and usher in a Theocratic Mormon gilded age for America. Mitt may have thought this was him.

The Romney's believed the Presidency was going to be a Divine Entitlement.

What they didn't expect was an American public who couldnt be bought, and DIDNT want to set the country back 50 years.

"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."

Meaning that if your hubris keeps you from even considering a concession speech, don't expect God to help you inherit so much as the White House.

http://www.capitolhi....com/node/45630

Edited by DrDareustein

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As more details emerge from the Romneys’ “backstage” experience on election night as it became apparent that Obama was the winner (Romney quietly stunned, Ryan flabbergasted, their wives crying), it sheds quite a light on how they expect to get whatever they want, whenever they want it. And who can blame them when you look at the lives they've lived up to this point.

These smug, born-rich jerks have the nerve to call 47% of us entitled moochers and take aim at programs that help us, when they themselves are the DEFINITION of entitled. The Romneys get (and greedily hoard) everything they want in any quantity they desire on demand, and they always have. It’s all they know. And now, with this election, there's something they really, REALLY wanted BAD, and guess what? They can’t have it. All I can say is: Welcome to our world. This, of course, is just a taste, and they’ll never REALLY know what reality’s like, but it is SO SWEET to hear about these arrogant pricks just gobsmacked and broken and crying about not being able to get what they want. They wanted something that they couldn’t buy and they don’t know how to deal.

And the best part of all is that it’s sounding like they didn’t know it was coming. We already knew that their base had no idea; the conservative-media-bubble did its usual fine job of keeping them brainwashed and misinformed. However, it’s looking more and more like Mitt and Ann and Paul were also taken in. They embraced whatever alternative polls and sources that Fox and their ilk were pushing, they bought fireworks and brimmed with confidence, and were left stunned by the election’s outcome. The fact that the willful, practiced ignorance that made the prospect of their administration so dangerous to us allowed them not just to be defeated, but to actually be AMBUSHED by it really is the icing on the cake.

A lot of people will say, "Oh leave Romney alone, he lost". I agree, the only thing worse than sore losers are sore winners. I look forward to the GOP taking this lumping as a wake-up call and coming across the aisle to help work together on solving America's issues. However, I want you to imagine when Romney was CEO of Bain. And under him they bought a lot of companies, fired the people in them to inflate the money in the company and then sold the company for inflated prices. Most of those companies didn't last long after the horrible gutting and looting Bain did. And the people felt despair and loss while Romney enjoyed more money in his pocket.

Now think about how Romney feels with his rich friends and himself having tried to buy the Presidency.

Feeling entitled to be President even with all the lying and flip flopping. Having people like limbaugh, adelson, trump and rove at his side. And you'll understand why I do not feel bad for him at all.

The more I watched Romney, the more it seemed like he believed himself to be hand-picked by God to become President. Every politician believes they'll win but Romney is such an ardent believer in God that I think a loss for him a direct repudiation from The Lord.

There is a Mormon prophecy about the "white horse", a Mormon who will win the Presidency and usher in a Theocratic Mormon gilded age for America. Mitt may have thought this was him.

The Romney's believed the Presidency was going to be a Divine Entitlement.

What they didn't expect was an American public who couldnt be bought, and DIDNT want to set the country back 50 years.

Meaning that if your hubris keeps you from even considering a concession speech, don't expect God to help you inherit so much as the White House.

http://www.capitolhi....com/node/45630

Not only are you misinformed but you are a blowhard that has only appeared here to gloat.

Romney was laboring under the delusion that people would fire a guy who by his own admission had failed. We'll see if Barry can finally reach across the aisles and work to solve America's issues, or if it will be more of the same: higher debt, higher number of people not working, stagnating economy, and higher prices because of printing money.

Romney was laboring under the delusion that people would fire a guy who by his own admission had failed. We'll see if Barry can finally reach across the aisles and work to solve America's issues, or if it will be more of the same: higher debt, higher number of people not working, stagnating economy, and higher prices because of printing money.

Look at all the "little people" getting layed off due to Obama's War on Workers.

Not going to bother showing how wrong you are on "higher number of people not working, stagnating economy", because you'll just pull some BS stats that are skewed to your argument and there is no changing the minds around here. But like it or not, the economy has been, and still is, on a steady comeback.

The Right Wing extremists dont deserve to be met half way because they are too far off the reservation. Their little plan to grind the government to a hault and try to blame Obama blew up in their face.

If you want Obama to reach across the aisle, you have to be near the aisle. Not in extremist fantasy land.

Look at all the "little people" getting layed off due to Obama's War on Workers.

BS scare tactics by vengeful sore losers. There is absolutely no justification for laying people off so quickly, years before most parts of Obamacare are enacted.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/08/obamacare-layoffs-georgia-obama_n_2095162.html

I tried to make sure that the people I had to lay off voted for Obama.

Sounds like pretty good grounds for a discrimination suit.

These guys just cant get out of their own way. America has spoken, but they don't want to hear it. So they are going to do what they can to make it look as bad as possible.

Go run home and cry, little babies.

You are an epic failure as a human being. You will never amount to anything in life. Your mind is too small.

Oh no! People that disagree with us are invading our circle-jerk!

Dont worry, I dont plan on hanging out here at all.

No, it's that you are misinformed, ignorant and very lengthy in your posts. You spout schit that any resonably intelligent 5th grader could debunk. Again, you don't hang here to reasonably discuss things. You show up rarely, and in this instance to gloat. You are a very small person, and obviously not smarter than a fifth grader.

Not going to bother showing how wrong you are on "higher number of people not working, stagnating economy", because you'll just pull some BS stats that are skewed to your argument and there is no changing the minds around here. But like it or not, the economy has been, and still is, on a steady comeback.

You can't show me that I'm wrong because I'm not. More people are out of work than ever. The economy is growing more slowly than it did a couple years ago. And with companies firing people because of Obamacare, it's only going to get worse.

Oh no! People that disagree with us are invading our circle-jerk!

Dont worry, I dont plan on hanging out here at all.

People who disagree are welcome & appreciated. But you have to add something of value to earn respect. I can't imagine you honestly believe your OP was in anyway insightful. It was inflammatory, derisive, & based solely on the tenuous connection between your prejudices and what you observed.

It bothers me, because I tend to have a lot more respect for what you bring to the main board that the childish babbling you so often bring here. And it's not just a party thing. I know plenty of people far to the left of you who are intelligent & discuss ideas - that's not what you're doing here. They wouldn't give the garbage you posted in this thread the time of day. If someone came out to the courtyard & started spewing this crap the crowd would disperse, libs included, and everyone would suddenly have somewhere they had to be.

What a laughably idiotic thread (but then again, this is PPP). Somehow wives crying over an election loss (that's never happened before) is extrapolated into Romney being a horrible human being. Ok conner.

It's funny how many liberals are still clinging to their angry rhetoric even post-election. I see it all over Facebook, see it here; it's like these people just need to keep on venting their idiocy no matter who wins elections. Bizarre.

p.s. and if you are part of the 47% who don't pay federal income taxes, newsflash: you ARE a moocher.

I think you are being a bit harsh on Romney- I don't have nearly the problem with him, that I do with the American people who think everything that supports their stance is fact.

Still I would say that the re-election of President Obama shatters the myth that we are a center-right country. We haven't been for quite some time. The Republicans have soem good ideas, but if they don't become a part of the country, they will fade into oblivion

The Right Wing extremists dont deserve to be met half way because they are too far off the reservation. Their little plan to grind the government to a hault and try to blame Obama blew up in their face.

If you want Obama to reach across the aisle, you have to be near the aisle. Not in extremist fantasy land.

BS scare tactics by vengeful sore losers. There is absolutely no justification for laying people off so quickly, years before most parts of Obamacare are enacted.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/08/obamacare-layoffs-georgia-obama_n_2095162.html

Sounds like pretty good grounds for a discrimination suit.

These guys just cant get out of their own way. America has spoken, but they don't want to hear it. So they are going to do what they can to make it look as bad as possible.

Go run home and cry, little babies.

1) Romney got where he was by working his ass off, first to learn and then to accomplish. You may think money earned from a life in business isn't as pure as a bank account filled with dollars from being a plumber. If you're here to demonize someone for entering a line of work where the reward is high because the risk is high... go to hell.

There was a guy in an article yesterday who wanted to sit down with Romney to talk about things and asked when would be a good time. Romney said he was going to be very busy for quite some time getting a lot of awesome people from his campaign good jobs. That is the measure of the man, even in defeat.

Mitt Romney is a respectable man, which is more than I can say for how you've come here to peacock.

2) Jobs numbers that are still below the Mendoza Line 48 months after the recession --- the longest any recovery has taken --- is not steady progress. By your estimation, the Bills last few games have been progress toward making the playoffs, huh?

3) Last I looked, there is no discrimination class for political affiliation. As much as this guy is rubbing peoples' noses in it, it's entirely possible that he'd been holding off on letting those people go until it became clear that the policies that got us to this point would be continuing. A business can only keep people on as long as it's profitable or at least is a wash. There's no guarantee of a good job except in Mother Russia and Liberal Utopia Land. Costs driving up overhead? People will be let go. Sorry.

And even if he is being purely an asshat, it would mostly be in reaction to the asshatry among the liberal electorate's election-cojones. It's like everywhere you go, self-identified Progressives are telling everyone how it is now, what's going to happen and who'd better do what. Or what? How Papa John's owner John Shnatter lives in a "castle!!!" and should just take a 14-cent hit on every pizza his company makes --- to wit, per the Payton Manning commercial, Papa John's is *giving away* 2 million pizzas in his most recent promotion --- to pay for ACA. You want him living in a cardboard box so PJ workers can get all the benefits and shoulder no more of the burdens, especially if this whole $0.14 x 15 million is bad for business. And then where does it stop? 'Oh, come on. Give 'em free dental too. It's JUST 10 cents more per pizza!!!' And then free hair plugs. And then.... From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs.

Obama got this largely because of the same "you don't change horses midstream" mindset that saw Bush II get a second term. Well, 2016 is going to be wide open, with many quality candidates stepping forward who didn't want to go this time b/c they saw the writing on the wall and determined it was still too soon. This election was certainly not a mandate.

It's funny how many liberals are still clinging to their angry rhetoric even post-election. I see it all over Facebook, see it here; it's like these people just need to keep on venting their idiocy no matter who wins elections. Bizarre.

I thought it was just me. I swear, you'd think they lost the election. Just read the OP's comments. How can anyone have their side win the presidency and sound so angry?