Drew didn't improve much from last year

nodnarb

In spite of Mularkey's system, which is ostensibly all about high percentage passing and play action, Bledsoe actually had a worse completion percentage than last year:

(58.2% vs 56.9%)

A better TD/INT ratio (Lee Evans) but his rating for this year (76.6) is exactly One Tenth of a % worse than his career average.

In other words: The Bledsoe of 2004 is the BEST he'll be. We just saw Drew's CEILING this year. There is no "upside" left to his game. It's all out on the table, and every D-coordinator is aware of it.

If he's our QB next year, expect pain. And expect to consider 9-7 a lofty goal.

2003 Buffalo Bills 471 274 58.2 2860 6.07 11 12 49/371 28 2 73.0

2004 Buffalo Bills 450 256 56.9 2932 6.52 20 16 37/215 31 9 76.6

If he's our QB next year, it only proves there is a God, and he hates the Bills and their fans.

191394[/snapback]

damn lol

9 more TDs-- Thats alot! 100 more yards on 20 fewer attemps,

far fewer fumbles lost

far fewer sacks

More bad weather games as opposed to last year.

3 more wins

First year in a new system. Got much better as the year went on.

Missing TE for 3 games.

Next year if he get 29 TD are you going to say he didn't do much better than he did this year.

9 more TDs-- Thats alot!  100 more yards on 20 fewer attemps,

far fewer fumbles lost

far fewer sacks

More bad weather games as opposed to last year.

3 more wins

First year in a new system.  Got much better as the year went on.

Missing TE for 3 games.

Next year if he get 29 TD are you going to say he didn't do much better than he did this year.

191622[/snapback]

Exactly when do the improvements you speak of translate into winning a meaningful game?

The numbers correlate to what we see with our own eyes. Look, if you can stomach it, at the tape of yesterday's game, and you'll see some of the worst mechanics EVER by a pro QB. He was jumpy, off-balance, locking onto receivers from the snap, pit-pat-pattering, swaying into the oncoming blitzes, fluttering passes over receivers, etc. All of this, mind you, in a must-win PLAYOFF game, against second-teamers, at home, with an ENTIRE OFFENSE, COACHING STAFF AND PHILOSOPHY designed to cover up for his failings. Please, oh please, just sit him, if you're not gonna cut him.

The numbers correlate to what we see with our own eyes.  Look, if you can stomach it, at the tape of yesterday's game, and you'll see some of the worst mechanics EVER by a pro QB.  He was jumpy, off-balance, locking onto receivers from the snap, pit-pat-pattering, swaying into the oncoming blitzes, fluttering passes over receivers, etc.  All of this, mind you, in a must-win PLAYOFF game, against second-teamers, at home, with an ENTIRE OFFENSE, COACHING STAFF AND PHILOSOPHY designed to cover up for his failings.  Please, oh please, just sit him, if you're not gonna cut him.

191633[/snapback]

Weren't we in a "must-win" situation for the last 7 games of the season? And didn't we win 6 of those 7 games? And weren't two of those games against NFL playoff teams? Oh wait, those games don't "count" because the Seahawks and Rams "suck" (and yet they're in the tourney and we're sitting home). The NFL definately is a "what have you done for me in the last 24 hours" league. :P

CW

Round and round we go.

Superbowl or the QB sucks!

Same old drivel.

CW

191634[/snapback]

Dude, I love you but Drew's performance yesterday in THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME of the season looked remarkably similiar to his efforts in similiar circumstances throughout his career (think earlier game this season in New England). Inaccurate. Inattentive. Big turnover at crucial moment. Etc.

We weren't playing Cleveland, Arizona, or San Francisco. We were playing the Pittsburgh Steelers and their agressive attacking style and Drew did what Drew seems to do. When it rains it pours.

I'm not blaming the entire loss on him because that's not how it happened but he needed to be one of our best players yesterday and once again, he failed to measure up.

We have been playing meaningful games since mid november.

191629[/snapback]

Okay, good point.......they were meaningful. I suppose every game is meaningful in the NFL, actually........what I meant was a meaningful game that actually proved that we could compete with - or better yet, beat - the top teams in the league. There is just so much talent on this team.....you could see it maturing as the season went on. That was exciting......but when it all came down to putting it together for 60 minutes against what should have been a far inferior opponent for most of the game, look what happens? You only get windows of opportunity every so often in the NFL........We had a huge one from the late 80s-mid 90s.......another in the late 90s........and we are on the verge of another one, I think.......is Drew really the guy you want to put in charge of managing it? I know it's scary to start a rookie, or what will be a second year QB........but damn, we are so close to being good. I just can't help but think if Drew were really all that, then we would have been good much sooner than four years.