S Mana Silva signed to 53-man roster, Delano Howell released.

Lots of practice squad promotion roster action this week. My only answer is they are in 2013 evaluation mode.

Easley was promoted because of the concern over SJ13 and his injury. There is no other reason for that scrub "one year wonder" to be active. he won't be in the NFL in 2013. Well, unless Chix is still around.............

Lots of practice squad promotion roster action this week. My only answer is they are in 2013 evaluation mode.

At this point of the season, Nix probably has some ability to predict which teams are likely to have the worst final record and be in position to draft a franchise QB. He recently went on record saying we need one.

Does Silva play FS, SS or both? If it's FS, would Byrd be trade bait (along with some of our picks) to move up in the draft if Silva is adequate?

I like Byrd a lot, but if we are serious about getting a franchise QB Nix will have to give up something. Do any of this year's crap teams that recently drafted a QB high have a strong need for a FS?

Does Silva play FS, SS or both? If it's FS, would Byrd be trade bait (along with some of our picks) to move up in the draft if Silva is adequate?

Byrd is unsigned for next year.

per Bill text. Why?

He's a guy they had here on the PS last year and was signed off it by the Cowboys. My guess is they like him more than Howell.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2012/11/bills-drop-delano-howell-promote-mana-silva-to-53-man-roster.html

"The Buffalo Bills made a roster change this afternoon, releasing safety Delano Howell and promoting safety Delano Howell from the practice squad to the 53-man roster."

:thumbsup:

We have a bunch of Williams on this team and now we have two Howells......weird