The Biggest Loser Out Of This Election Could Be The Electorate

3rdnlng

http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/e2-wire/267095-interior-proposes-shielding-federal-lands-in-west-from-drilling

“This is another step in the wrong direction that limits development and investment in one of the nation’s most energy-rich areas and goes against a prior government decision that would allow for research and development over a much wider geographical area. Just days after the election this decision by the administration sends negative signals to industry and capital markets at a time when we need to encourage growth and innovation in the U.S.," Porter said in a statement to The Hill.

Obama touted "his" increased oil and gas production but has really put a damper on real production. Drilling permits on federally controlled property are significantly down (40% or so). Our massive energy reserves could make us energy independent and a net energy exporter. This is important to us for two basic reasons---our economy and our security. Will Obama stick to his narrow idealogical tilting at windmills and forcing square pegs into round holes with the likes of Solyndra, or will he become a pragmatist and unleash our real power?

Obama will enthusiastically support more domestic oil production as soon as he can get a new big tax on the drilling/mining rights and on the oil itself. This will raise significant revenue for his agenda and will keep fuel prices high enough that the public maintains an interest in alternative fuels.

3rd, as kindly as I can from me to you I ask you, please...please just approach Obama as a man who you disagree with politically...but not as the man certain personalities would have you believe he is. He is not trying to intentionally raise prices on us...it is true that he is focused on new energy sources and conservation, however there is not some conspiracy to spike the price of gas at the same time he is desperately trying (however much you may disagree with his methods) to get the economy going. It is probably true he does not see the future of energy the same way a few really pro-oil guys do, but he's not trying to spike our price at the pump. And there really isn't a whole lot any policy of his could do to lower our gas prices.

IOW, "3rd, put on the Barry blinders."

it amazes me that every day free clean energy literally pours out of the sky and yet we still rely on pumping expensive toxic sludge out of the ground and burning it for our energy needs

i bet if the worlds oil supplies suddenly dried up it would take us about three months to figure out how to make the external skin of everything we use capable of absorbing light to power just about everything

IOW, "3rd, put on the Barry blinders."

You know, I don't view TNB as ignorant as Ducky or Connor, but considering his posts, he's just a slightly more refined retard idiot.

it amazes me that every day free clean energy literally pours out of the sky and yet we still rely on pumping expensive toxic sludge out of the ground and burning it for our energy needs

i bet if the worlds oil supplies suddenly dried up it would take us about three months to figure out how to make the external skin of everything we use capable of absorbing light to power just about everything

Yes, and that's why Solyndra is so wildly successful.