Nothing to do with this gameday Sunday.....

26TrapDraw

Was thinkin about going to the sportsbar for my weekly ritual of watching. Then it kind of hit me.....why? I don't live in the region anymore so my complaining doesn't mean a thing to this FO. Its the people that still live in Buffalo that can make a difference that they can feel. Don't spend money on merchandise,tickets parking etc. The FO sits there and goes yeah this fanbase is awesome they are so supportive...we really should put a better product on the field.....BUT since they are still paying screw it maybe next year. Listen to the excuses that spew from the mouths of coaches and players. The loser mentality has set in like the plague. I know your afraid they will pick up and move.If you make their bottom line bad that is the only way it will make a difference. I've been to countless games and know the quality of people from the western NY region. This fanbase deserves better. Now demand it...do something about it.they move they move...it will be culture shock for a while. But that feeling in the pit of all of our stomachs at the end of games on Sunday that absolutely ruins our Sundays needs to stop...

We deserve better.....much better

LVBB

Edited by Simon

Only 2 big problems with that mindset.

1. They do spend money. Mario Williams is proof of that.

2. I don't care how bad they are, I enjoy going to games and tailgating with friends. As long as there's a home game, ill be there because its too damn fun.

As far as the away games, ill be working anyway and honestly, the resturaunts and bars don't really do any better or worse if there's a Bills game on or not. It's Sundays and football in general. People just go to these places for football. Period.

As far as if there was a home game and I even did listen to someone say "stop going to games" the only problem is I've already paid for my 3 season tickets. Regardless if I go or not, they've already got my money.

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

I think losing this team would result in a bit more than culture shock.

To some I'm sure. But the number of people would be very small compared to the population of the region.

I should preface that statement by saying that I am not one who thinks the 8 home games per year provides a significant positive economic impact.

I should preface this by saying, I am not a WNY Bills fan any more...

I know where you are coming from...but I disagree.

I do agree, the fan base deserves better. However, the team has gone out and spent money. We can argue all we want (and we want, we want) about how they spent that money, but I don't think, right now, in 2012, not supporting the franchise is the way to go. The owner has not always been willing to spend, so we shouldn't discourage when he has. I am not giving up on the idea that Mario Willilams can still turn out to be a very good player for the Bills. Sure, I would love to see a more inspired coaching choice, but I don't hate Gailey.

When the teams future in Buffalo is as tenuous as ever, and the owner is at least trying, I don't see the point in pulling back now, after supporting them through so many garbage seasons. That feeling in your stomach every Sunday may suck, but having no feeling at all would be even worse, IMO.

Edited by Buftex

I should preface this by saying, I am not a WNY Bills fan any more...

I know where you are coming from...but I disagree.

I do agree, the fan base deserves better. However, the team has gone out and spent money. We can argue all we want (and we want, we want) about how they spent that money, but I don't think, right now, in 2012, not supporting the franchise is the way to go. The owner has not always been willing to spend, so we shouldn't discourage when he has. I am not giving up on the idea that Mario Willilams can still turn out to be a very good player for the Bills. Sure, I would love to see a more inspired coaching choice, but I don't hate Gailey.

When the teams future in Buffalo is as tenuous as ever, and the owner is at least trying, I don't see the point in pulling back now, after supporting them through so many garbage seasons. That feeling in your stomach every Sunday may suck, but having no feeling at all would be even worse, IMO.

Don't all teams have to start spending most of the cap money due to the last CBA? The difference with spending by the Bills compared to other teams is not on player's salaries. That number will never be much of a difference. Its coaching salaries, scouts, facilities-all the things that make you a first rate franchise and a place that [players want to play for.