What The Republican Party Needs To Do

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you also tell her that she wasn't good enough to succeed on her own, because she's a woman, and is fortunate to have a big, strong, straight, white man like yourself to provide the opportunities that she is incapable of creating on her own personal merit?

despite her considerable talent, i have no need to remind her that her success was not entirely of her own making. just as mine wasn't..

Do you ever get tired of acting like a pompous jerk? I imagine YOUR life must be pretty lonely. I actually feel sorry for you. Any one filled with so much hate and anger must be lonely.

I have zero anger or hate and for the first question, no.

despite her considerable talent, i have no need to remind her that her success was not entirely of her own making. just as mine wasn't..

And yet she chose you... hmmm :P

Do you ever get tired of acting like a pompous jerk? I imagine YOUR life must be pretty lonely. I actually feel sorry for you. Any one filled with so much hate and anger must be lonely.

No, I doubt very much that there is any room in your heart for feeling much other than shame and jealousy.

Pro Tip:

Successful individuals spend more time thinking than feeling, because you can't feel your way through difficult problems.

nope.

So your wife is the single exception to your entire guiding philosphy?

He has to putting us on. I sure hope so. some of the things he posts are just so arrogant. There are a lot of good people in PPP who are repulicans who should be calling him out. TYTT makes the right look like a bunch snobby elitists, which I know they are not. Don't let people like him put down your whole party.

You sound like a Bills fan talking about how badly the Pats* suck.

LOL! No, I share some of the same beliefs as republicans. It's the far right, just like the far left I have a problem with.

Except that the far left are everywhere while the far right remains in a small fringe of gop politics.

I can't really argue that point. But they both are sure a lot louder than moderates on both sides.

Of course. I still talk to people who blame the mess in Europe on conservative policies and austerity. Kind of like an alcoholic blaming his liver disease on that donut he ate.

Of course. I still talk to people who blame the mess in Europe on conservative policies and austerity. Kind of like an alcoholic blaming his liver disease on that donut he ate.

LOL! Europe's problems are to many to list. But conservatism isn't one of them. If the men in Europe bathed and the women shaved, they would think more clearly. But I guess that is asking to much. Oh, tooth brush and tooth paste are good things.

LOL! Europe's problems are to many to list. But conservatism isn't one of them. If the men in Europe bathed and the women shaved, they would think more clearly. But I guess that is asking to much. Oh, tooth brush and tooth paste are good things.

I agree but the difference is, many conservatives are willing to look in the mirror. Lefties don't. I've met very few lefties who will discuss policy with a conservative without resorting to name calling.

I agree but the difference is, many conservatives are willing to look in the mirror. Lefties don't. I've met very few lefties who will discuss policy with a conservative without resorting to name calling.

I saw a lot of name calling coming from the right during the election. I am no angel, I did my fair share. But to say it was one sided is false. The democratic party today is not the same as the democratic party I grew up with. The loonies on the left has taken over to an extent. Unfortunately I see the same thing happening to the republican party.

Hopefully, we will see the moderates on both sides stand up and say enough is enough! The country comes first, second and third.

Enjoyed your original post Rob.

Can I just opine here for a second...

I talked with a conservative blogger who is MUCH smarter than me on this **** and he said that in his estimation the Donald Trumps, and birther stuff, and Limbaugh fanaticism, and xenophobia, and voter i.d. efforts that APPEARED to many to be a targeted attempt to suppress the minority vote, took it's toll on minorities in general.

African Americans and Hispanics came out in greater numbers than in 2008. Explain that.

Romney won independents by 5 points nationally and 10 points in OH. That didn't matter at all.

But as someone said this weekend, the real tale of the tape is in the Asian vote. Obama won Asians 73% to 27%. Folks can't fall back on the usual "they want handouts" or " they're dumb" characterization attributed to *some* minorities. Asians are the wealthiest and most educated ethnic group in the United States - much more so than whites, blacks, hispanics, et. al.

And, folks can't fall back on the "homogeneity" excuse. Asians are not as homogenous as black folks. An Indian woman in Texas has nothing in common with a Chinese man in Detroit or a Phillipino woman in Alexandria, VA.

They're not a homogenous group.

But yet they voted as if they were. Why? It says to me that the Republicans underestimated how annoyed minority *people*, in general, would be with some of these polemicists and their rhetoric and efforts that appeared to target and marginalize minorities as a group.

So I'd like to add that Republicans need to distance themselves from the Donald Trump, Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, John Sununu, Sean Hannity, element of the party and move towards a slightly more moderate footing.

And it is a problem when candidates are doing campaign events with these people.

A friend of mine who works for a republican on the Hill texted me a link to a story on the uptick in the black vote in 2012 and captioned it with "this is what happens when you trivialize a figure like Colin Powell as simply making a racial endorsement."

He's right.

Words have consequences.

I'd also like to add that Republicans need to figure out Obama's ground game. All you heard was that Romney's folks had taken notes from Obama's 2008 'get out the vote' effort and had built a formiddable operation themselves.

For those who haven't read it yet, this is a good article on how the Romney campaign were misled on the numbers:

http://www.slate.com...umbers_bad.html

Edited by Juror#8

From the article:

"In retrospect, the Romney team is in awe and full of praise of the Obama operation. 'They spent four years working block by block, person by person to build their coalition,” says a top aide. They now recognize that those offices were created to build personal contacts, the most durable and useful way to gain voters.'"

"'We just didn’t expect the African-American vote to be so high.' African-American participation in Ohio jumped from 11 percent of the electorate to 15 percent between the 2008 and 2012 elections. 'We could never see that coming. We thought they'd gotten a lot last time.' But that wasn’t the only problem. Romney underperformed George Bush’s results from 2004 in the vast majority of Ohio’s counties, not just the ones with big African-American populations."

Edited by Juror#8