In defense of Chan

vegas55

Do you really not get the difference between the Giants, Pats, Packers and the Bills? Teams that hv top QBs can win without a great running game teams that don't can't, it's as simple as that. Making Fitz the emphasis of this offense is beyond dumb

As far as ur argument about teams that run the ball not having success in the won loss column Arian Foster leads the league in carries per game and what's their record?

Thank you, I was hoping someone would bring up this obvious piece of information. Infact, I'd like to change the whole this is a passing league mindset to this is a passing league if you have a top flight QB. We do not. Our strength is our running game and we have two very capable backs. So use them, and show this "passing league" that you can still win games on the ground. Chan needs to know this.

The fact of the matter is that teams that run the ball real well, who have the NFL's leading rushers, do not have much success in the won loss department.

Teams like the Texans and Ravens might have a little something to say about that.

You say yo can't depend on a bunch of 10 , 12 , & 14 yard plays in a game & think you will win , but if your defense is doing what they are paid to do & stopping the other team from scoring those plays that you make go a long way in winning a game !!

I would like to see teams get more into the grind it out type games . You for sure can't tell our Bills team that got beat by the Giants in that first SB we went to that a good ground game is not as useful as the passing game ...

One sets up the other , what ever you do more of the opposition is going to set up to stop it if you are successful & it will open up other options of the game . I just think that the entire

"it's a passing league" Thing is predicated on that is what the fans want to see , a high scoring game it is more exciting !!

But go listen to what Jimmy Johnson says about his time in Dallas it takes balance between the 2 & you have to be more stout on defense if you plan on winning a championship ...

So in a nut shell that means we are screwed !!!!

The dominate running teams, Ravens, Texans, 49ers...yea all losers :doh:

The idea is for a head coach to utilize the strengths on his team, not his weakness. Gailey has been hellbent on making Fitz into something he is not, nor will ever be. An elte QB.

Sure its a passing league,and every team in it is trying like crazy to pass all game. The thing is, the teams that are successful at it have Tom Brady. Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning. While all the rest are wannabes

Gailey loves to emulate the Patriots offense, only the Bills have sub par receiving corps, O line, QB and OC calling the plays. Its completely moronic to run an empty backfield 5 WR set with ONE good WR, Yet this head coach does it!

Recently Gailey was quoted as saying he KNOWS he needs to get his two star RB's 40 touches a game, and yet he still calls nothing but shotgun pass plays with a backup QB. He did that against the Texans.

Gailey is a LOSER!

Clearly Chans expertise is offense, and he leaves the defense to Wanny. That's not unusual in the NFL. It would also be extremely unusual for a head coach to intervene in the middle of a game and over ride a defensive call by his DC.

Wouldn't you expect that these conversations would take place every day every week every practice? Wouldn't you think that a head coach would set the tenor for a team? Wouldn't you expect that a head coach would let a DC know what he expects to see on the field? If you wouldn't expect that a head coach would let a DC know what he expects to see on the field from the very begginning wouldn't you expect that a head coach would let a DC know what he expects to see on the field after his team has been embarassed to historic proportions? Wouldn't you expect that the head coach runs the team?

I hate the mfer, but who runs the show and who has run the show since day 1 in ne*? Who's running the show for the NJ Giants? Who's running the show for the NJ jests (guy's a bafoon but you know who's in charge)? Who's running the show in Tampa (oh yeah, a rookie HC straight from Rutgers)?

Do I need to go on?

In defense of Gailey? There is no defense and anyone who attempts to deflect the majority of the blame for this team's play on the field is either blinded by homerism or doesn't have a clue. This HC sucks.

Who does run the show in Buffalo? You tell me.

A good coach puts his team in a position to do what they do best. Chan has failed to do that. This team has the talent and ability to run the ball well.

We are blessed with a great grind it out RB, and a true star RB who can run in space. We have an O line that has proven they can open lanes for our backs.

We have a QB who can't get the ball more than 20 yards down field with any accuracy, leading to consistent over and under throws and picks. We have a weak group of receivers whose talent and abilities can't overcome the weaknesses of our QB. The WRs we do have who can get open deep down field have no one who can throw to them accurately.

A good coach would utilize the strengths of our team at running. A bad coach would keep trying the same thing over and over again and failing by trying to emphasize the passing game.

And Chan is not just the OC, he is the head coach, he is responsible for the whole team, including the defense. His choice and support of the DC is his job. If you feel he has selected the right DC and feel that the DC is doing a good job, then you might say Chan has done a good job supervising the DC. Personally I feel the DC has been beyond horrible and should have been fired during the bye. Therefore Chan has also failed miserably in his job of selecting and supervising the coaches under him.

Are you seriously blaming the players without any fault to Chan?

How do you go an entire game without a single play to the endzone or only call 3 running plays the entire second half in a close game? Guess that was players fault too

Just bc offense is better under Chan then it was under Jauron doesn't mean it's good

I think we were all disappointed with some of the playcalling last game, but it doesn't mean Gailey has done a bad job overall. No one was complaining about the playcalling over the first few games, where we were scoring a bunch of TD's.

I think he's an above-average coordinator who called a terrible game against Houston and has a QB who can't throw it deep.

Given Fitz' inabilities and the RBs' amazing abilities, we need to run more. But we are not a smashmouth football team. We also got to be able to adjust. If they play the underneath game, we have to run more and take some chances deep. If they play us deep, we run and throw short. If they crowd the box, then we spread em out. Chan's weakness so far is in-game adjustments.

A good coach puts his team in a position to do what they do best. Chan has failed to do that. This team has the talent and ability to run the ball well.

We are blessed with a great grind it out RB, and a true star RB who can run in space. We have an O line that has proven they can open lanes for our backs.

We have a QB who can't get the ball more than 20 yards down field with any accuracy, leading to consistent over and under throws and picks. We have a weak group of receivers whose talent and abilities can't overcome the weaknesses of our QB. The WRs we do have who can get open deep down field have no one who can throw to them accurately.

A good coach would utilize the strengths of our team at running. A bad coach would keep trying the same thing over and over again and failing by trying to emphasize the passing game.

And Chan is not just the OC, he is the head coach, he is responsible for the whole team, including the defense. His choice and support of the DC is his job. If you feel he has selected the right DC and feel that the DC is doing a good job, then you might say Chan has done a good job supervising the DC. Personally I feel the DC has been beyond horrible and should have been fired during the bye. Therefore Chan has also failed miserably in his job of selecting and supervising the coaches under him.

Chan doesn't run this team, he coaches it. I'm not sure he has the authority to select, or fire.

I had to Google our offensive coordinator's name. No one ever mentions him. Couldn't ID him if he were in my house.

If Chan is calling the plays, what is Modkins' role?

I agree completely. Another point-- Gailey does a great job using the pass to set up the run. We saw this more often last year, where he'd run a lot more shotgun draws, etc., but we've seen it at times this year, as well. Query whether we'd be as good running the ball if we just lined up and tried to do it against 7, 8-man fronts.

It's almost like people have blacked out the entire Jauron era. The offense we have now is about a million times better. They are very effective in the redzone. Some more consistent play by the players and Gailey will start looking a lot better again.

I agree with this. I thought, for a loss, the team showed signs of life. The D held a high powered offense to 21 pts, which is much improved from the guys that gave up 35 to TN, 45 to SF, & 31 to NE in one quarter.

The O wasn't too bad either, all things considered. They moved the ball well against an elite defense. Were it not for a missed FG and a few dropped passes this could have gone the other way. I'm not saying it was a moral victory, just saying I saw some things I'm encouraged by. I don't think 8-8 is an impossibility.

I agree completely. Another point-- Gailey does a great job using the pass to set up the run. We saw this more often last year, where he'd run a lot more shotgun draws, etc., but we've seen it at times this year, as well. Query whether we'd be as good running the ball if we just lined up and tried to do it against 7, 8-man fronts.

It's almost like people have blacked out the entire Jauron era. The offense we have now is about a million times better. They are very effective in the redzone. Some more consistent play by the players and Gailey will start looking a lot better again.

I know it's just the offense, but if it is, as you say, "a million times better" shouldn't the team be able to surpass Jauron's winning percentage?

I think we were all disappointed with some of the playcalling last game, but it doesn't mean Gailey has done a bad job overall. No one was complaining about the playcalling over the first few games, where we were scoring a bunch of TD's.

Homerism!... what do you not get about 13-27 .325 % in 3 years, holy crap Gailey sucks! Who cares that Gailey can get Fitz to throw the ball up against (1-7) Kansas City, (2-7) Cleveland Browns (4-5) Arizona Cardinals

The reason the Bills beat a team with a better record was because that team has the worst O line in the NFL, and because of that the Bills managed to knock out their starting QB. Basically they got really lucky! Kinda like the blind squirrel finding an acorn now and again lucky.

BTW, looking good in a loss counts for NOTHING! If the Bills finish the season 5-11 and look good in some of those 11 losses who is gonna care then? The Bills 3-5 (points for 180) (points against 248) The Bills maybe beat the Jags 1-7 and the Rams 3-5.

Homerism!... what do you not get about 13-27 .325 % in 3 years, holy crap Gailey sucks! Who cares that Gailey can get Fitz to throw the ball up against (1-7) Kansas City, (2-7) Cleveland Browns (4-5) Arizona Cardinals

The reason the Bills beat a team with a better record was because that team has the worst O line in the NFL, and because of that the Bills managed to knock out their starting QB. Basically they got really lucky! Kinda like the blind squirrel finding an acorn now and again lucky.

BTW, looking good in a loss counts for NOTHING! If the Bills finish the season 5-11 and look good in some of those 11 losses who is gonna care then? The Bills 3-5 (points for 180) (points against 248) The Bills maybe beat the Jags 1-7 and the Rams 3-5.

the voice of truth is that you? these are facts. Gailey has stunk. .325 winning percentage = as Donald Trump would say YOURE FIA'D.

Wouldn't you expect that these conversations would take place every day every week every practice? Wouldn't you think that a head coach would set the tenor for a team? Wouldn't you expect that a head coach would let a DC know what he expects to see on the field? If you wouldn't expect that a head coach would let a DC know what he expects to see on the field from the very begginning wouldn't you expect that a head coach would let a DC know what he expects to see on the field after his team has been embarassed to historic proportions? Wouldn't you expect that the head coach runs the team?

I hate the mfer, but who runs the show and who has run the show since day 1 in ne*? Who's running the show for the NJ Giants? Who's running the show for the NJ jests (guy's a bafoon but you know who's in charge)? Who's running the show in Tampa (oh yeah, a rookie HC straight from Rutgers)?

Do I need to go on?

In defense of Gailey? There is no defense and anyone who attempts to deflect the majority of the blame for this team's play on the field is either blinded by homerism or doesn't have a clue. This HC sucks.

Who does run the show in Buffalo? You tell me.

Bingo.

It's hard to win in the NFL. And under Chan, it's been the least frequent this millenium.