New taxes already planned

VABills

Tim Kaine during his acceptance speech last night revealed that the plan is to raise taxes. Not just on the rich however, but on middle class as well. I am looking for a transcript but he said something to the effect that the burden of tax increases will be shared not only by the middle class but rich as well. Already figured the rich would get hit, but his statement seems to reveal that middle class as well are in the crosshairs.

That didn't take long.

Again, if they tax people making over $250K at 100% ... it STILL would not pay for the annual budget continuing resolution deficit, nevermind begin to do anything about the $16T debt.

Their promise is a house of cards. They've fooled enough people to win an election by pointing at the ancillary 'wedge' issues. Now it comes time to govern when their math just can't hold up to the promises they made.

It didn't take long in CT either. Dannell Malloy was elected governor in 2010 saying that he'd pay for the $3.5B debt and his campaign goals by eating the rich. He then sailed through his Democrat legislature and got a $2B increase in spending. Now, we have all of these "rich" people who make $50K a year getting ~$2,000-$3,000 more taken out of their checks as income taxes. My hardcore-liberal teacher cousin posted on Facebook when it happened and was like "WTF!?!" But I have no doubt this dude will be reelected because there's a D next to his name. The largest tax increase in state history --- and sadly, there's been a long list of these as the Dems in Hartford keeps upping the ante and a downgrade in living conditions and scraping by just becomes the 'new normal' so the govt can continue to piss away money on useless stevestojan, on free school lunches that kids just throw in the garbage, on rehabilitation services as ~10,000 inmates were released from prison, on feel-good infrastructure/transportation projects....

I don't think I can stay here anymore. Getting priced out. Even with a job, you just can't make ends meet b/w property taxes, income taxes, and all the costs of daily life, and in two years being forced to buy health insurance I can't afford or I get taxed even more. But... how and where the !@#$ do I go to escape this... that's someplace I would want to go that actually has jobs? The real rich can afford to get out, (and they WILL! which will leave the middle clas holding the check for what they just bought). I really can't.

Anyway, this is the small-scale of what's about to happen on the big scale when the numbers don't add up.

Right now I'm about at the point where we just let Obama drive over the fiscal cliff, default, and try to start over. It's gonna hurt bad. But that may be the ONLY way some people will WAKE THE !@#$ UP to just how precarious --- Greece-like --- a situation we're in.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the Public Treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits from the Public Treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy always followed by dictatorship." --- Alexander Fraser Tyler

We're almost there. Won't be long now.

So there is a 1 day grace period?

The calculations are difficult to pin down entirely due to the timeflux associated with interdimensional travel. Plus, the guy piloting the main fleet is notorious for stopping off at every tourist trap they stumble across. A best guess in terms of timing is all I'm capable of at the moment.