Mike Glennon

JM57

Stalking all the QB related threads, I have seen a ton of discussion on Barkley, Smith, and the SEC group of Wilson, Bray, Murray and McCarron. Here and there you see EJ Manuel brought up as well. One name I don't often see mentioned is that of Glennon from NC State. Just curious what TBDers who have seen him play think? Obviously he is on a less talent team than all the above mentioned QBs.

I have seen pretty much all of Glennons game. He will get drafted in the NFL. He throws a real good ball BUT he is VERY slow and VERY skinny. I mean he cant move at all. He makes the Mannings look quick.

Ive seen most of the Pack games as well, big kid, big arm, reminds me of Matt Ryan I think hes gonna be a very good pro.

Stalking all the QB related threads, I have seen a ton of discussion on Barkley, Smith, and the SEC group of Wilson, Bray, Murray and McCarron. Here and there you see EJ Manuel brought up as well. One name I don't often see mentioned is that of Glennon from NC State. Just curious what TBDers who have seen him play think? Obviously he is on a less talent team than all the above mentioned QBs.

When I see Glennon play he looks like a Joe flacco clone. I like him but he won't be at Andrew Luck's level. 2nd round maybe late first if somebody wants to take a flyer on him.

• 1 month later...

Just started paying attention to Glennon. Good looking prospect. Strong arm, accurate, and throws one helluva deep ball. Moving up the boards, possibly a 1st rounder. Maybe even the first quarterback selected. I'm intrigued.

Edited by NoJustice

I like him quite a bit....his flaws are not as glaring as the other top QBs...I think he will be a good one. Smart, big arm

barkley....mediocre arm, questionable decision making, not great size

landry jones....deer in the headlights

geno smith....I like him....but very qb friendly, pass happy offense

Someone here reported weeks ago that, according to Sal Cappacio at WGR, the Bills were scouting Glennon very heavily. Not sure if there's anything to it but it's worth mentioning. Buddy loves those southern boys.

GO BILLS!!!

Seems like the anti-chan qb though. Gotta cover all your bases though. Who knows if Chans here in April even.

Seems like the anti-chan qb though. Gotta cover all your bases though. Who knows if Chans here in April even.

Why? Because he's a QB that actually forces the defense to defend the whole field as opposed to the first ten yards? Lol

I've posted here a couple times already that Sal Capaccio on WGR said Glennon is the name to watch for The Bills at QB in the 2013 draft. A few weeks ago Cappaccio said The Bills are very high on Glennon and have been down to see him in person a lot this Season...Sal seemed to have some inside info on it... To be honest it caught me off guard a bit...Then I went and read a bit more about Glennon's move up...And watched vids on him...I'll say this much...He's a definite possibility for The Bills, and I definitely think he gets Drafted before Barkley...Watch the Clemson tape on him...He's not perfect...But he makes some very nice throws...He's definitely got an NFL arm then some...His mannerisms remind me of Peyton Manning a bit...Just the way he looks throwing the ball in the pocket...I'm not comparing him to Manning...He's not exactly surrounded by top talent at NC St. either...His WR's have dropped a ton of balls this year...

Nonetheless, I could live with The Bills taking Glennon...No question about it... B-)

Someone here reported weeks ago that, according to Sal Cappacio at WGR, the Bills were scouting Glennon very heavily. Not sure if there's anything to it but it's worth mentioning. Buddy loves those southern boys.

GO BILLS!!!

Sorry did not see this before I posted... :thumbsup:

Why? Because he's a QB that actually forces the defense to defend the whole field as opposed to the first ten yards? Lol

He'd love an arm but he seems to value a bit of mobility. Not Vick or RG3 style is needed but he's always liked to have a guy that can move around when needed.

I watched him in a game against Maryland. He made some really beautiful throws. Whenever the defense took away an option he instinctlvely went to the next best option. The main concern I have about him is his lack of mobility. He has minimal maneuverability. Almost all his throws come from the pocket, in which he has a great pocket awareness.

I have lttle doubt that Nix's scouting staff is going to deploy a lot of resources scouting qbs. They have to do their due diligence and then pull the trigger. Their best strategy on draft day is to take a qb with the first pick. If Nix doesn't fee he is getting a good value drafting a qb at his draft position he should trade down, staying in the first round, and addressing the most important need on the team. This is the belated year when the drafting strategy in the first round should emphazie position importance. .

Just started paying attention to Glennon. Good looking prospect. Strong arm, accurate, and throws one helluva deep ball. Moving up the boards, possibly a 1st rounder. Maybe even the first quarterback selected. I'm intrigued.

I think he will end up being 1st or 2nd QB off the board. Likely to rocket up the internet boards during the combine. Hopefully he is there when the Bills pick in the 1st.

5-11 baby!

Then I would love to take Nassib in the later rounds, we need a backup and he is a good young player.

He'd love an arm but he seems to value a bit of mobility. Not Vick or RG3 style is needed but he's always liked to have a guy that can move around when needed.

The more I see of Gailey as an offensive minded coach the less I am impressed with him. I'm not suggesting he is a bad coach, but I am suggesting that he is a mediocre coach. His game management is poor and his play calling is at times peculiar for the situation. Too often he responds to the defense instead of having the defense respond to him. That usually happens in short yardage situations.

Why in the world does Chan throw screen passes to Jackson when Spiller is arguably the best player in the game handling that play? That irritates me to no end. :wallbash:

Edited by JohnC

I don't recall if I mentioned it in my original post, but you would assume the Bills scouts already had some notes on him from scouting Graham last season. Graham has shown that he CAN get behind opposing secondaries, and if you use a little bit of logic, SOMEONE had to be hitting those deep throws to him last year that got Graham drafted, right?

One month later, and I am high on both Glennon and Nassib as 2nd-4th round prospects like I was on Cousins and Wilson last year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.