Wade v Wanny

vegas55

Talk about a mismatch. It's been discussed elsewhere the curves Wade Phillips threw at the Bills O, which in short was simply putting his defense in the best position to succeed, taking away what the Bills do best. Contrast that with what we saw from Wanny. On third and long, a long pass is completed to Andre Johnson. On this play, as was the case most of the day, Aaron Williams is singled up on Johnson, who far and away is the Texans best receiver. Bills don't blitz, so they have 7 back in coverage. You might think with 7 back, coverage would be rotated over to take away Texans number one threat, especially since our (struggling) second best cb has the coverage. But no, as was the case most of the day, on third down Johnson faced single coverage with no help. With predictable results. That's just too easy for any QB to read and complete.

There is a coach named Bill in New England who has made a hall of fame coaching career out of a simple concept - take away an offenses top threat. On third downs Andre Johnson was Texans #1 threat, and Wannys schemes treated him like he was just another guy.

Gaily and Wanntrash are JV coaches. Neither should have a job but sadly they do. Don't expect any change anytime soon. I doubt Ralph Wilson even knows there is an NFL season going on right now.

Definitely true about Wilson and Wannstedt. I have always admired Gailey, but recently he has been making horrible decisions.

Yesterday, he whimped out on 4th and 1 or 2 several times and then wondered why we lost. He mis-managed the clock. He called passing plays from his inept QB because Wade fooled by run blitzing at the game's start. He is showing his cowardly side and like Wanny's, it isn't pretty in the NFL when you are facing smarter and gutsier coaches. Very disappointing about Chan, but he seems to be wilting under the pressure. Hope he bounces back. The other two never will.

I remember when people here were screaming about how bad Wade was.

The fact of the matter is, we never should have fired Wade. I have to believe that the last several years would have gone a lot better if Wade had been the HC.

In any event, I am going to reserve judgment on the present staff until the end of the year.