What do you hope to see today?

boyst

Maybe it's simple, maybe it is a few things, but what do you hope to see today in Houston?

For me I just want to see adjustments. I want to see our coaching staff break away from their habits of not changing their schemes and formations. In this I want to see a blitz every series on defense.

What do you want to see?

Today I hope to see my garage cleaned and maybe the front yard raked. I'll get started in a few minutes. I'll probably DVR the game but I have zero interest in supporting this train wreck. The Bills will lose big. It will be an embarrassment and the first of at least 3 straight losses following the bye. Ralph went bargain basement on a GM and head coach yet again and we are witnessing the results. How many times do you have to watch this team being dismantled by playoff teams to realize it's sure to happen again?

We are seeing a disastrous 3rd year of a rebuilding program. It will not get better under Nix and Gailey. Just like the last twelve years, the Bills organization from owner to GM right down to waterboy are in over their heads. Does it ever get old?

On offense I want to see both CJ and Fred fed the ball early and often. Especially CJ. I'd also like to see some type of trick play to keep the Texans on their heels. Maybe something as simple as a reverse to TJ Graham. When they do decide to throw, quick/short/high percentage passes to keep the clock moving and give the defense some rest. No need to go for multiple deep strikes. Fitz can't connect and that's an easy way to waste a down. Every possession has to count against an opponent like Houston.

On defense, I know we've all been mocking Wanny on this but for the love of Marv, "STAY IN THE DAMN GAPS!" I would be fine with giving Foster 5 yards every carry, as long as they eliminate the very long runs on cutbacks due to defensive players trying to do more than they're asked and getting out of position. Even if the Texans sustain long drives and score, at least it will chew up clock and the game won't get out of hand too quickly. I'd also like to see Sheppard make a play or two.

Lastly, on the sidelines, I want to see some freaking emotion!! And not just from the usual suspects. I want to see everyone fired up. Dareus was one of those usual suspects but has been rather pedestrian this year. I'd love to see him leading by example. Like I mentioned in another thread, Mario has every reason to to play like his hair is on fire (EDIT: poor analogy for a bald guy)- Let's see him getting guys charged even if it is for a selfish reason.

LET'S GO BUFFALO

I want to see the defense show up. Period. When I became a Bills fan, the one thing that could always be relied on is a consistently good defense that always had some key drive stops. The crap I have seen so far this year is embarrassing. No more excuses. The D needs to light it up. This is not Bills football no matter how you look at it.

On offense, I want to see this spread out offense cause some problems for Houston just like Green Bay did it. Chan is probably the best in this league at making a spread work, but I do not want to see him getting too cute with it. When you are averaging 4-5 yards per carry, you don't pass on 3rd and 2. You run the ball down their throat and you keep doing it until they find a way to stop you.

I am generally more positive about this team but lately they have really disappointed me. To the point where I am losing patience and losing interest. I'm going to watch this game and if I don't like what I see, I'm going to take up drinking. Well I all ready drink, so I'll take up drinking more heavily. Maybe go down to the local AMVETS post and shoot some pool. Anything so long as I don't have to watch any more of this crap.

OK, sorry. Had to get that off of my chest. Rant over and GO BILLS!!!

Edited by Rockinon

I would like to see a victory or a blow out. Obviously a victory is the strong preference. A victory will signal the turnaround and the current regime has finally figured something out. A blow out will signal the beginning of the end of the current regime. A victory would likely involve some scheme changes, such as avoiding long passes in crucial situations, and opening up the defense to be more unpredictable. A good try in a defeat will just keep hope alive and keep the current regime entrenched. I also don't want to see anyone get hurt.

throw more screen passes and draws on 3rd and 12.

well you can try screens and draws,

But i must tell you i have been working on my gap discipline and focused on my assignments for two weeks.

You are going to see differnt game from me to day i guarantee it !

On offense I want to see both CJ and Fred fed the ball early and often. Especially CJ. I'd also like to see some type of trick play to keep the Texans on their heels. Maybe something as simple as a reverse to TJ Graham. When they do decide to throw, quick/short/high percentage passes to keep the clock moving and give the defense some rest. No need to go for multiple deep strikes. Fitz can't connect and that's an easy way to waste a down. Every possession has to count against an opponent like Houston.

On defense, I know we've all been mocking Wanny on this but for the love of Marv, "STAY IN THE DAMN GAPS!" I would be fine with giving Foster 5 yards every carry, as long as they eliminate the very long runs on cutbacks due to defensive players trying to do more than they're asked and getting out of position. Even if the Texans sustain long drives and score, at least it will chew up clock and the game won't get out of hand too quickly. I'd also like to see Sheppard make a play or two.

Lastly, on the sidelines, I want to see some freaking emotion!! And not just from the usual suspects. I want to see everyone fired up. Dareus was one of those usual suspects but has been rather pedestrian this year. I'd love to see him leading by example. Like I mentioned in another thread, Mario has every reason to to play like his hair is on fire (EDIT: poor analogy for a bald guy)- Let's see him getting guys charged even if it is for a selfish reason.

LET'S GO BUFFALO

This---^

Id also like to add that I want Mario to play better than just his hair on fire. If he doesn't get fired up more than he's ever been because they never offered him another contract, then he has no fire at all.

A win!

and this---^

I would like to see a victory or a blow out. Obviously a victory is the strong preference. A victory will signal the turnaround and the current regime has finally figured something out. A blow out will signal the beginning of the end of the current regime. A victory would likely involve some scheme changes, such as avoiding long passes in crucial situations, and opening up the defense to be more unpredictable. A good try in a defeat will just keep hope alive and keep the current regime entrenched. I also don't want to see anyone get hurt.

and this---^ Edited by mrags

Intensity. Even if they lose, seeing some intensity on D would be nice. I also hope to see some improvement out of #94. There has been so much hype in the last few days over his "recovery" and I want to see it myself. Cautious optimism?

Something I am curious of is Brooks. I would like to see some playing time out of him.