Obama proves Godwin's Law: "Voting is the best revenge".

It is Mitt Romney’s ‘gaffes’ that should win him the election: The Republican best represents his country’s ability to renew itself for each generation.

This sense of a people defeating appalling obstacles, through their own efforts and the hand of providence, is as old as Moses. As Conan Doyle implies, it is central to the story of the English-speaking peoples. Even today, it is what makes America new in each generation. Barack Obama does not believe in it – he does not even like it. Mitt Romney does.

What the media see as a “gaffe” is often, in reality, a challenge to the dominant orthodoxy
. In the late Seventies, Margaret Thatcher made the gaffe of questioning the motives of the Soviet Union when everyone else was mad about détente. She made the gaffe of questioning incomes policies when most people said they were the only way of stopping inflation. After a while, she piled up enough gaffes to make sure that she won the general election of 1979. In the United States in 1980, Ronald Reagan made those sorts of gaffes, too.

I love this about Obama: “It turns out that his character is not that of a man who has emerged from nowhere to challenge the powerful few on behalf of the wretched of the earth. It is that of a media-savvy professor of an Ivy League university – comfortable with irony, more than comfortable with the sound of his own voice, confident that he knows a great deal more than most of us. One of the striking features of the lives of such professors is their terms of employment. They have what is called ‘tenure’: no one can get them out. . . . Mr Obama went into the contest that ends on Tuesday believing that he, too, had tenure. The White House was his. The election, like those bogus selection processes for top public sector jobs when the winner has been pre-decided, was little more than a tiresome formality.”

I listened to that speech live, and while the "revenge" comment stuck out, the truth of the matter is his closing argument is ridiculous because....and I'm absolutely NOT kidding when I write this...he explained that when Clinton was in office, "our plan worked," and when Bush was in office "their plan didn't work."

Now, this completely ignores the fact that (a) Obama's plan doesn't work and (b) Obama couldn't carry Clinton's jock strap, but how embarrassing it must be...after four pathetic years in office..to be left with nothing more than running on another president's record?

of c) Obama didn't even approach running Clinton's plan for the last 2 years. He did the exact opposite of Clinton. :blink: "what is this "our" plan schit?" Does anybody on the right, or in the center, not know this? Oh, that's right "low-info" voters.

Another example of "Obama can only talk to his base".

So you know how to read?

Another reason I should reproduce.

I listened to that speech live, and while the "revenge" comment stuck out, the truth of the matter is his closing argument is ridiculous because....and I'm absolutely NOT kidding when I write this...he explained that when Clinton was in office, "our plan worked," and when Bush was in office "their plan didn't work."

Now, this completely ignores the fact that (a) Obama's plan doesn't work and (b) Obama couldn't carry Clinton's jock strap, but how embarrassing it must be...after four pathetic years in office..to be left with nothing more than running on another president's record?

Out. Of. Bullets.

Clinton and Bush had the same plan, "Listen to whatever Greenspan says."

But there are numbskulls out there who actually believe that whatever happened in Bush's term started in Bush's term.

F'n morons.

Four Years After Endorsing Obama, The New York Daily News Endorses Romney.Four years ago, the Daily News endorsed Obama, seeing a historic figure whose intelligence, political skills and empathy with common folk positioned him to build on the small practical experience he would bring to the world’s toughest job. We valued Obama’s pledge to govern with bold pragmatism and bipartisanship. The hopes of those days went unfulfilled. . . . The regrettable truth is that Obama built a record of miscalculations and missed opportunities.”

Also Newsday.Had Barack Obama done the job of president with the same passion and vision he displayed in seeking it, he would likely deserve another term. He did not. . . . Romney’s potential to put America back to work earns him our endorsement.”

Four Years After Endorsing Obama, The New York Daily News Endorses Romney.Four years ago, the Daily News endorsed Obama, seeing a historic figure whose intelligence, political skills and empathy with common folk positioned him to build on the small practical experience he would bring to the world’s toughest job. We valued Obama’s pledge to govern with bold pragmatism and bipartisanship. The hopes of those days went unfulfilled. . . . The regrettable truth is that Obama built a record of miscalculations and missed opportunities.”

Also Newsday.Had Barack Obama done the job of president with the same passion and vision he displayed in seeking it, he would likely deserve another term. He did not. . . . Romney’s potential to put America back to work earns him our endorsement.”

These endorsements, as well as the one in Iowa...make me wonder. If anybody "knows" what is happening, and has the inside baseball stuff, the media does. I don't see an upside for a media outlet to pick the wrong guy. Perhaps that's just me being cynical. But, I have to think that they wouldn't feel "safe" in doing this, if they didn't think Romney didn't have a good shot.

I tended to believe that in today's media, newspaper endorsements have the same value of a Lindsey Lohan endorsement. What I didn't stop to consider was SO many publications changing from Obama in '08 to Romney in '12.

Collectively, that IS a story and has tremendous value. And now you can add the Wisconsin State Journal to the list of endorsements flipping away from Obama.