Obama proves Godwin's Law: "Voting is the best revenge".

Disclaimer: technically, this entire thread is a violation of this law as well. However, not really, since the topic is Goodwin's law itself, and since we are talking about Hitler in post #1. As for reducing everything to Hitler? I'm not the one talking about revenge :blink: ...am I?

Anybody ever heard of the V1? The "buzzbomb"? How about the V2? The first real, ballistic missile? The precursor to everybody's space program?

The V in these weapons stood for "vengeance". It was Hitler's personal revenge, since he was losing. Precious resources were diverted away from where they would have done some good, to these things, for little gain. These new weapons were going to turn things around, and take revenge on the Allies for the damage they had done to him. They did nothing of the kind, and in fact, motivated the Allies even more.

Now...we have Obama, talking about "revenge". Does that mean he is losing too? Well? It certainly doesn't mean he's winning.

If this isn't another example of Goodwin's lawhttp://en.wikipedia....ki/Godwin's_law...I don't know what is. :lol: This is a long "conversation" and now that "vengeance" has entered the fold? We are headed towards that probability of 1. :lol:

And, it's having the same effect negative effect as Hitler's V weapons did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjX9Xn7IBro

Precious good will is being diverted away from what Obama might have said, and is being diverted to this idiocy. That Obama is thinking in terms of "revenge" tells us a lot. That's no mere gaffe...that's a mindset. And, with 30k people at that rally? It appears to be motivating the Rs.

And yeah...I'm just having fun with this.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Disclaimer: technically, this entire thread is a violation of this law as well. However, not really, since the topic is Goodwin's law itself, and since we are talking about Hitler in post #1. As for reducing everything to Hitler? I'm not the one talking about revenge :blink: ...am I?

Anybody ever heard of the V1? The "buzzbomb"? How about the V2? The first real, ballistic missile? The precursor to everybody's space program?

The V in these weapons stood for "vengeance". It was Hitler's personal revenge, since he was losing. Precious resources were diverted away from where they would have done some good, to these things, for little gain. These new weapons were going to turn things around, and take revenge on the Allies for the damage they had done to him. They did nothing of the kind, and in fact, motivated the Allies even more.

Now...we have Obama, talking about "revenge". Does that mean he is losing too? Well? It certainly doesn't mean he's winning.

If this isn't another example of Goodwin's lawhttp://en.wikipedia....ki/Godwin's_law...I don't know what is. :lol: This is a long "conversation" and now that "vengeance" has entered the fold? We are headed towards that probability of 1. :lol:

And, it's having the same effect negative effect as Hitler's V weapons did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjX9Xn7IBro

Precious good will is being diverted away from what Obama might have said, and is being diverted to this idiocy. That Obama is thinking in terms of "revenge" tells us a lot. That's no mere gaffe...that's a mindset. And, with 30k people at that rally? It appears to be motivating the Rs.

And yeah...I'm just having fun with this.

Go out and get laid....

Very good response to Mr. Obama's pettiness by Gov. Romney....................

If you

the clip itself, it’s not clear at all what Obama’s supporters are supposed to want revenge for. Obama mentions Romney name in the context of his run for the senate in Massachusetts — back when Romney was quite the moderate — and the audience starts to boo. Obama says “no, no. Don’t boo. Vote. Vote. Voting is the best revenge.” Revenge for what? Him running for the senate? Revenge for Romney daring to challenge Obama?

I understand Obama is bitter. That’s been obvious for a while. But it’s just a weird and narcissistic assumption that his supporters want “revenge” too. Doesn’t mean it’s wrong, though. Which makes the whole thing even creepier.

Edited by B-Man

Very good response to Mr. Obama's pettiness by Gov. Romney....................

If you

the clip itself, it’s not clear at all what Obama’s supporters are supposed to want revenge for. Obama mentions Romney name in the context of his run for the senate in Massachusetts — back when Romney was quite the moderate — and the audience starts to boo. Obama says “no, no. Don’t boo. Vote. Vote. Voting is the best revenge.” Revenge for what? Him running for the senate? Revenge for Romney daring to challenge Obama?

I understand Obama is bitter. That’s been obvious for a while. But it’s just a weird and narcissistic assumption that his supporters want “revenge” too. Doesn’t mean it’s wrong, though. Which makes the whole thing even creepier.

Revenge for their failures?

But it’s just a weird and narcissistic assumption that his supporters want “revenge” too. Doesn’t mean it’s wrong, though. Which makes the whole thing even creepier.

I listened to that speech live, and while the "revenge" comment stuck out, the truth of the matter is his closing argument is ridiculous because....and I'm absolutely NOT kidding when I write this...he explained that when Clinton was in office, "our plan worked," and when Bush was in office "their plan didn't work."

Now, this completely ignores the fact that (a) Obama's plan doesn't work and (b) Obama couldn't carry Clinton's jock strap, but how embarrassing it must be...after four pathetic years in office..to be left with nothing more than running on another president's record?

Out. Of. Bullets.

I listened to that speech live, and while the "revenge" comment stuck out, the truth of the matter is his closing argument is ridiculous because....and I'm absolutely NOT kidding when I write this...he explained that when Clinton was in office, "our plan worked," and when Bush was in office "their plan didn't work."

Now, this completely ignores the fact that (a) Obama's plan doesn't work and (b) Obama couldn't carry Clinton's jock strap, but how embarrassing it must be...after four pathetic years in office..to be left with nothing more than running on another president's record?

Out. Of. Bullets.

Clinton's plan for the internet boom worked? What about the National Homeownership Strategy?

He didn't tell me to go get laid.

Yeah...he told me to, not you.

"Vote for revenge?" Did Barry actually utter those words? :o

Dude...I don't have to screw with people's words to make points. Nor do I have to take them out of context.

Liberals provide so much stupidity, you don't have be dishonest, like they do, when they try to criticize the right. :lol:

Dude...I don't have to screw with people's words to make points. Nor do I have to take them out of context.

Liberals provide so much stupidity, you don't have be dishonest, like they do, when they try to criticize the right. :lol:

I wasn't looking for semantics so much as the sentiment. Which was "vote for revenge."