JW speaks with Buddy

“I think Chan is the best – he’s one of the best offensive coaches in the league,” Nix said. “We’re playing three phases of our team – two of them are playing well, and we have to get the other one up to par.”

Two?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two?

yea the offense and special teams are playing well....the defense is not...whats hard to understand about that?

unless your trying to be funny/hate on Fitz...to which I say, the offense is scoring points...the defense is killing this teams hopes at the playoffs (im not trying to say Fitz is a good QB/hes the answer...we need an upgrade at QB for sure...simply saying, the offense is getting the job done by scoring points...over 30 points should win you a game against the Titans)

I guess you guys fall for the line when the punter hits clutch 20 yarders at the end of the game, or is it DeHaven's influence to waste three roster spots on guys who barely contribute?

Yup, by Buddy's standards of comparing that to the defense that he's singlehandedly picked, the special teams are doing fine. (and btw, do we need yet another reminder that the best contributors to the defense preceeded Buddy's input on drafting?)

Edited by GG

"Reassure" Fitz of.....what? That he plans on drafting his replacement like he said earlier? That he was just kidding?

The way Nix spoke of a franchise QB was in my opinion very frank and open. Every position should be challenged and they have not had much of a challenge to Fitz's 1st string role since he took the reins from Trent Edwards. He spoke of bringing a rookie along slow, and what does Fitz expect?

He has to be more consistent on the field, he has to be able to stretch the field better and become more accurate on all his throws. He manages the game well and I believe he has a grasp of what the offense is trying to do and what a defense is trying to do to prevent it, but it has been a long time since he has not only been consistent for consecutive games, but also driven down the field to clinch a win for the team.

The last game Fitz played well - period. And when Fitz is not in turnover-machine mode, the offense has put up enough points so that most average defenses should be able to seal the deal.

Rather than all those folks who want us to blow it all up, and repeat the cycle of rinse and repeat I think Nix has nailed it. The Bills need a QB to groom for the future (and he has had a pretty good track record picking those) and a replacement for Wanny that can at least elevate this defense to somewhere in the top 10. Those two things would go a long way towards that solid foundation he is looking to leave behind.

It's good news that the GM agrees that the defense he has assembled over the past 3 years and both of his DCs "stink"?

Exactly. The majority of our resources have been spent on the D since Nix took over. The result, one of the league's worst units. Not a very pretty baby.

I'm so dissapointed to hear that Gailey supposedly has another year on his contract. This "rebuild" is a failure. Year 3 should be "go time". Instaed we are incapable of matching the lofty expectations set by the Jauron era. Nix and Gailey have to be shown the door immediately. That won't happen though.

hey folks: took the weekend off and headed out of town, and just catching up on some reading.

Buddy didn't have a news conference per se. after hearing what Buddy had said on the radio earlier that day, Mark Gaughan and I requested to speak to Buddy after practice and the Bills obliged.

jw

Just curious, is it common to collaborate like that with reporters from other papers, to go in on an interview together?