How The Other Half Lives

Why should anybody hold themselves above the law? I pay my taxes honestly... I don't stash money in potentially illegal schemes... Why should we give anybody a pass on that, especially an elected official?

Do you need me to explain to you the difference between legal and illegal? It sounds like you do. Edited by TakeYouToTasker

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should anybody hold themselves above the law? I pay my taxes honestly... I don't stash money in potentially illegal schemes... Why should we give anybody a pass on that, especially an elected official?

This is ridiculous. The reason that anybody knows that Romney has money in the Caymans is that he reported it on his income tax. This is a canard thrown out by the POTUS to try to fool the electorate.

Looks like you're still doing a great job of making an ass of yourself.

Looks like you're still doing a great job of making an ass of yourself.

It looks like its still ok in your book if people evade taxes and tax laws... I admire your honesty....

This is ridiculous. The reason that anybody knows that Romney has money in the Caymans is that he reported it on his income tax. This is a canard thrown out by the POTUS to try to fool the electorate.

Two years of returns... We still wonder what was in those previous returns... But it's ok, because he's your guy... I get it, he gets a pass....

It looks like its still ok in your book if people evade taxes and tax laws... I admire your honesty....

Read my post above, then come back with your hat in hand, tail between you legs and admit you are way off base here. If not, you're getting lumped in with Team Pathetic here.

Two years of returns... We still wonder what was in those previous returns... But it's ok, because he's your guy... I get it, he gets a pass....

C'mon, man... You're smarter than this.

1) there is nothing underhanded or dishonest about following the law

2) "tax evasion" has a very specific definition, and you aren't referencing it

Do you believe that countries own individuals, or that individuals are sovereign in their pursuits?

Rarely has anyone running for president released more than 2 years of their taxes. Your little frenzy over this Cayman canard is the reason why someone would be reluctant to do so. I'm wondering about the chosen ones college transcripts. Should we go there?

:lol: Moron. You're smarter than that.

Tax evasion is illegal. Once again, for the hundredth !@#$ing time, if someone puts illegal tax shelters in their tax returns, than they are going to be investigated by the IRS and are going to jail.

Now I know how Clint Eastwood felt.

:lol: Moron. You're smarter than that.

Tax evasion is illegal. Once again, for the hundredth !@#$ing time, if someone puts illegal tax shelters in their tax returns, than they are going to be investigated by the IRS and are going to jail.

Now I know how Clint Eastwood felt.

Are you saying he's full of schit? I am. Months ago he gave the impression that he was aligned with Romney's principles but was for Obama for the sole reason that the ACA helped him out personally. It's now desperation time and what was ok before is not, just because of his personal situation.

Rarely has anyone running for president released more than 2 years of their taxes. Your little frenzy over this Cayman canard is the reason why someone would be reluctant to do so. I'm wondering about the chosen ones college transcripts. Should we go there?

No we don't need his transctipts because hes a liberal and therefore everyone knows that makes him smart. Who cares if he's hiding something. It would only matter if it was an evil republican. /sarcasm

Who do the sheep fall hook line and sinker every time for obamas baited class warfare platform. If he couldn't convince people to he jealous of others he wouldn't have a rum bottles chance on a pirate ship to ever be elected.

Why are people jealous of the success of others?

Are you saying he's full of schit? I am. Months ago he gave the impression that he was aligned with Romney's principles but was for Obama for the sole reason that the ACA helped him out personally. It's now desperation time and what was ok before is not, just because of his personal situation.

He has to be. I still can't believe someone can accuse a man running for office of putting illegal activity on his tax returns.

And he doesn't really understand that the ACA won't help him.

Why are you so jealous of the success of others?  If you spent half the effot you use deriding others for their ingenuity, business acumen, hard work, and wise investment on being dynamic, business savvy, working hard, and investing well yourself, you might not be so miserable when contemplating the good fortune of others.

Yes I'm jealous of a guy that can send my fellow citizens to die in a war that I can then avoid having my taxes pay for!

Bush is a disgusting person, reminds me on Syrian leader

Yes I'm jealous of a guy that can send my fellow citizens to die in a war that I can then avoid having my taxes pay for!

Your posts are always f'd up in content. Do you have a need to "f" them up grammatically too? You are a careless person by nature and sure to be vulnerable to getting hit by a stopped bus. If you don't have the capacity to discuss things intelligently, then maybe you should join the Sesame Street discussion group.

Yes, Bawanna. Companies dropping their group coverage plans for their employees and paying a fine to the government - because it's cheaper for them. A new 2.3% excise tax on medical equipment manufacturers, 2.9 - 3.8% tax when you see a house or any other asset. And, as an extra bonus for those who are currently 53 or younger - Medicare will not be available to them - ever.

These are golden times indeed.

Power to the powerful!

I fail to see how this affects the money sucking ACA. If anything, wouldn't these numbers only raise the need for the ACA? It seems silly to throw it away now.

Why are you so jealous of the success of others? If you spent half the effot you use deriding others for their ingenuity, business acumen, hard work, and wise investment on being dynamic, business savvy, working hard, and investing well yourself, you might not be so miserable when contemplating the good fortune of others. Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Why are you so jealous of the success of others? If you spent half the effot you use deriding others for their ingenuity, business acumen, hard work, and wise investment on being dynamic, business savvy, working hard, and investing well yourself, you might not be so miserable when contemplating the good fortune of others.

Yes, because every person who is "successful" is a good person who just worked hard for what they have.