Most chilling song ever....Happy Halloween!

Buftex

That is frightening. I am too lazy to google right now, but what year was that song put out??? Very nice.

Happy Holloween.

1968 I believe. I know you are a Hank Sr fan (as am I)...the guy who wrote "Psycho" (Leon Payne) also wrote "Lost Highway", which Hank Sr covered...that is one of my favorite Hank Sr songs...ironically, one of the few songs (other than the hymns/religious tunes) that Hank didn't write.

"Psycho" has been recorded, since, by a few people, Elvis Costello most notably. But none of the other versions take you there...if you just close your eyes and listen, without the fan-made youtube video, it is almost like watching a really scary movie....Noacks voice, and the kind of warbly sound give it a cinematic quality...you absolutely believe that Noack is the psycho in the song without overdoing it... I paid $50 for a copy of this song on 45, years ago.

Leon Payne was apparently inspired to write this song after the Charles Whitman UT tower shootings, here in Austin... Payne was blind, and attended the Austin School for the Blind.

Edited by Buftex