Not sure what this portends, but...

Juror#8

What I'm hearing is interesting.

Caveat: This is third hand information: Administrative Official - Brother's Colleague - Brother - Me.

However, I still find it interesting...

The word is, the WH is REALLY confident and have been since last Thursday. Not "portray confidence in the news media and hope for the best" confidence, but more like "let's just stay quiet, be cool, not make any waves, not tip off the media, and keep status quo" confident.

Why? I don't know

Justified? I don't know.

But it's interesting because some here feel particularly confident that the tide has turned for Romney. The 'Romney momentum' has been a growing storyline here and in the media. I can name a few here who have already called the race for him.

But for whatever reason, I hear that the WH feels very satisfied about where they're at. They obviously *feel* like they know something that others don't. My brother says that *in his own opinion* based on what he sees in the polls that every other person has access to, but also based on some conversations with his colleagues, that Romney can't make up ground in Ohio and is losing ground in VA.

Please no personal attacks. I don't have a dog in this race. I just thought the info was worth sharing with you.

Caveat: This is third hand information: Administrative Official - Brother's Colleague - Brother - Me.

The word is, the WH is REALLY confident and have been since last Thursday. Not "portray confidence in the news media and hope for the best" confidence, but more like "let's just stay quiet, be cool, not make any waves, not tip off the media, and keep status quo" confident.

Why? I don't know

Justified? I don't know.

But it's interesting because some here feel particularly confident that the tide has turned for Romney. The 'Romney momentum' has been a growing storyline here and in the media. I can name a few here who have already called the race for him.

But for whatever reason, I hear that the WH feels very satisfied about where they're at. They obviously *feel* like they know something that others don't. My brother says that *in his own opinion* based on what he sees in the polls that every other person has access to, but also based on some conversations with his colleagues, that Romney can't make up ground in Ohio and is losing ground in VA.

Please no personal attacks. I don't have a dog in this race. I just thought the info was worth sharing with you.

Given how out of touch with reality Barry and his and of fools are, I'm not surprised they think they have it in the bag. We'll see in a week.

I assume they feel that if they keep silent they won't say anything stupid that could hurt them.

Not sure...but from what I'm hearing, they're on cruise control.

And it's also interesting that Romney is running, what appear to be, desparation ads in Ohio.

Usually, less than a week out, it's all positive "closing the deal-why I'm presidential-here is my vision" advertisements.

I'm not sure though. The WH is conspicuously quiet while all this talk revolves around Romney momentum. And to hear about this perceived confidence from the WH that is internal and not being leaked to pundits to share with the media. It seems to scream "internal polling data."

I suspect that with very little media scrutiny concerning Obama, he would feel pretty confident.

Honestly, all I've heard about BO over the last month is that he dropped the ball, performed horribly in the debate, lost momentum, missed an opportunity to close the deal, etc.

What I've heard about Romney is that he's surging, more presidential, etc.

If nothing else, I think that Romney has enjoyed the narrative.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/10/30/Sandy-Stole-The-Election-Left-Media-Prepare-to-Delegitimize-Romney-Victory

In 2000, it was hanging chads and the Supreme Court. In 2004, it was electronic voting machines. Now, the left and the mainstream media are busily spinning another narrative to get them through the years ahead in the event that Mitt Romney unseats President Barack Obama next week: Superstorm Sandy stole the election.

Both Politico and CNN are wondering openly whether the storm, which made landfall Monday in New Jersey as a hurricane, could or should force the postponement of the election. The dramatic flooding in coastal areas from the mid-Atlantic to New England, and the unseasonally early snowfall in the Appalachians, are causing transportation problems today that could persist for several days in some areas, especially in New York City.

Why? I don't know

Justified? I don't know.

Many of the prediction models are showing a Electoral Victory for Obama... 538 is almost at an 80/20 for Obama, and has him winning/leaning to win in Ohio and Colorado.

My guess, no news is good news... keep quiet, play the percentages, keep playing ground and pound getting voters out.

2 D-bags in my office are voluterring this weekend to get out and go door to door- they asked me if I was in, I said "not a chance"

I'm not sure though. The WH is conspicuously quiet while all this talk revolves around Romney momentum. And to hear about this perceived confidence from the WH that is internal and not being leaked to pundits to share with the media. It seems to scream "internal polling data."

Which I'm not sure shouldn't concern you. This administration suffers from worse confirmation bias than the Bush Administration did in their first term.

Both Politico and CNN are wondering openly whether the storm, which made landfall Monday in New Jersey as a hurricane, could or should force the postponement of the election.

I don't see how they can postpone the election without a Congressional miracle. Somehow I doubt both the House and Senate would push through legislation to make such a major (albeit temporary) change to Election Day, which would get really complicated due to the Constitutional requirement that Election Day for the presidency must be the same day in every state.

I don't see how they can postpone the election without a Congressional miracle. Somehow I doubt both the House and Senate would push through legislation to make such a major (albeit temporary) change to Election Day, which would get really complicated due to the Constitutional requirement that Election Day for the presidency must be the same day in every state.

The point was the built-in excuses they are coming up with for an Obama defeat.

And it's also interesting that Romney is running, what appear to be, desparation ads in Ohio.

Usually, less than a week out, it's all positive "closing the deal-why I'm presidential-here is my vision" advertisements.

Honestly, all I've heard about BO over the last month is that he dropped the ball, performed horribly in the debate, lost momentum, missed an opportunity to close the deal, etc.

Concern troll is very concerned. No dog in this race my ass.

Exactly. Perhaps he thinks the storm is going to get him more votes?

we have a little news ticker on teh closed circut TV's here in the building. It's hilarious to see the bias even here. For example, to paraphrase today's gems:

"By doing his job, Obama gives himself a chance to re-claim his job" vs. "Romney struggles with previous disaster relief comments"...

Christ, now I know where you get your talking points from:

http://www.msnbc.msn...tthews#49614818

Romney didn't lie. He read this:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-21/fiat-says-china-may-build-all-jeep-models-as-suv-demand-climbs.html

Edited by Oxrock

Romney can win, but it is much likely that he loses. That is just the way of things. He isn't beat, but he would be an upset. Step outside PPP and this is known. WH should be confident. Without some changes he will more than likely be president again.