Star Wars Episode VII planned for 2015

/dev/null

He was smart to sell in 2012.

He's saving $200Million in capital gains tax, and another $15.2Million by avoiding the ACA 3.8% tax on the sale of a capital asset.

Color me cynical, but that's a lot of reasons to sell before Dec. 31st.

That money alone could be enough for about a 30% downpayment in order to put a deal together to buy The Bills.

I wonder if his residency is in Colorado like so many of the Hollywood elite. CO has no state income tax.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[

I think he wanted to make sure Star Wars lives forever and Disney is the only company he trusts to carry his vision on ward. Disney has the ability to bring the Star Wars Universe to life. The proposal Disney presented to him must be phenomenal to get him to agree to sell, probably an entire theme park devoted to Star Wars that will be visited by millions of people a year.

I am actually hoping they do a movie or two on the time frame between episodes III and IV and call it Rise of the Rebellion.

There is a chance some characters from the first trilogy could be back. Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher do not have careers and Harrison Ford has said repeatly that he owes his career to George Lucas and probably would agree to return.

I will stop rambling now.

I would like to see a transition film dealing with that time frame, as well, cause then it would be feasible to have Vader involved.

• 5 months later...

Why the hell did George Lucas take so long to show us Darth Vader in Episodes I-III? Did we really need to see Anakin Skywalker as a kid?

With that being said, Disney can't do no worse than those movies. I'll be there with my kids for the new ones. They got me when I was a child, there's nothing I can do.