Rob Ryan, the next head coach of the buffalo bills.

No. We don't need an obnoxious, blowhard buffoon of a coach to comete with the same thing in NY. Rex Ryan is making a mess of his team, and his brother is of the same ilk. Not a great idea, bro.

Sometimes I think people like coaches just because they are obnoxious and get lots of face time on TV for being obnoxious.

1. Not too sure if he's really done anything to deserve this.

2. Rex has certainly made his share of mistakes, no doubt. But you're dislusional to think he's the only reason for the clusterf@#k down in NYC. Tannenbaum has constructed that team with a bunch of me-first morons. Their offense is atrocious, and we all know Rex doesn't do offense.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea he got that lap - band surgery so that may be out, maybe some snazzie tofu meal might be better.

anyway I'd take him, wonder if Chan would be willing to step down to OC?

Why would anyone want gailey as a OC after getting canned/reassigned from a head coach.First, he's look foolish even if such an outrageous move was made. What more do we need too see from the over the hill loser? He drafted his waterbug, yet hasn't a clue how to make it work to the teams advantage, his quarterback is the polar opposite of clutch. He is very jauronesque with his "lost in the headlights" look on the sideline. His quarterback coaching expertise is WAY overblown. I give you Fitz for proof. He has a losing record in Buffalo, was canned from his previous OC gig. Yet, he should become a OC for the losing culture he created made in Buffalo? His team has regressed this year, big time. Any fool that says repeatedly "I don't have the answers" is typically canned in any business Seriously, what is this old farts upside?

I hate how we knee jerk around.

Tampa 2 is too passive must go 34

Don't have 34 personnel quick back to 43

Don't have 43 lbs and the coordinator is quiet

Quick to a loud 34 coordinator

The big reason our d sucks is no continuity. It especially hits the line backing group. Lets find some good 43 guys. Look at the giants, Vikings, bears staffs for example.

This is on point. I do think Rob Ryan is a good coach, but the Bills don't need a fundamental shift in philosophy as far as schematics are concerned. Wanny may not be the answer but right now I think the 43 sticks, and let's add not only some fresh thinking to the 43, but some fresh LBs as well.

No. We don't need an obnoxious, blowhard buffoon of a coach to comete with the same thing in NY. Rex Ryan is making a mess of his team, and his brother is of the same ilk. Not a great idea, bro.

Sometimes I think people like coaches just because they are obnoxious and get lots of face time on TV for being obnoxious.

I agree with this 100%. I hate the obnoxious, blowhards. I cannot stand either of the Ryan brothers. I hated Gregg Williams when he was here. NO THANKS. There are dozens of other coaches available that I would prefer over Rob Ryan.

I agree with this 100%. I hate the obnoxious, blowhards. I cannot stand either of the Ryan brothers. I hated Gregg Williams when he was here. NO THANKS. There are dozens of other coaches available that I would prefer over Rob Ryan.

Can you name some realistic coaching options?

We burned so many coaching trees and we could really own attract the far off limbs I'm not sure who would be looking at the Bills HC or D-Co position.

I think an established D-Co that has missed out on HC positions in the past like Rob Ryan or a retread like Nolan is realistic.

Gruden, Cowher, Bellick, and Mangini are not realistic imo.

I would like to see Nolan in a suit with a Red White and Blue Tie getting our defense in order.

The fact that the NFL makes the coaches model their ****ty clothing is ridiculous. Coaches should wear suits!!!

Edited by Why So Serious?

at least e knows how to run one. Wade had Marrio play OLB and he got 5 sacks in 5 games maybe he needs to be away from the Tackles to make plays.

We could easily switch to a 34 if we draft the guys in my sig except change out the linbacker for 34 end Like Dave Kruger from Utah 6'6" 300 put dareus on nose and Kyle at the other end and Barrnett to the middle wwe would be all set

DE Kyle

NT Dareus

DE Kruger

OLB Mario/ Simon

ILB Barrnett

ILB Bradham

OLB Werner

he also doesn't seem boisterous as Rex, so he could be the right balance of attitude and ego

Bjoern Verner is most definitely NOT a 3-4 OLB. He's a hand in the dirt DE. He could play 3-4 DE before he played OLB. Try watching college ball and studying for a change instead of just seeing a player you like and starting 8 threads about how they are our next savior.

Dude, #2 is the definition of Rex Ryan. A me first moron with a toe fetish.

I'm not defending him. But Rex is in control of the defense, and in his tenure as the coach there, its been very good.

Has Rex mader a locker room mess? Yes. But the owner and GM thought it was a good idea to bring Tebow in. Im not putting that on him. His offense is pitiful, but he oversee's the offense as much as Chan does to our D.

And its funny how many ex-Rex players go to bat for the guy.

Can you name some realistic coaching options?

We burned so many coaching trees and we could really own attract the far off limbs I'm not sure who would be looking at the Bills HC or D-Co position.

I think an established D-Co that has missed out on HC positions in the past like Rob Ryan or a retread like Nolan is realistic.

Gruden, Cowher, Bellick, and Mangini are not realistic imo.

I would like to see Nolan in a suit with a Red White and Blue Tie getting our defense in order.

The fact that the NFL makes the coaches model their ****ty clothing is ridiculous. Coaches should wear suits!!!

Why not Mangini or Billick? Both are retreads and as we know, that's our style.

Edited by stony

I hate how we knee jerk around.

Tampa 2 is too passive must go 34

Don't have 34 personnel quick back to 43

Don't have 43 lbs and the coordinator is quiet

Quick to a loud 34 coordinator

The big reason our d sucks is no continuity. It especially hits the line backing group. Lets find some good 43 guys. Look at the giants, Vikings, bears staffs for example.

+1

This, IMO, is the #1 reason that this organization has failed over the past decade. Each new regime wants its own system and players....so clean house.

+1

This, IMO, is the #1 reason that this organization has failed over the past decade. Each new regime wants its own system and players....so clean house.

Even if we bring in a 43 guy, he will bring in a lot of his own guys but atleast we have a base to build with instead of needing to nuke everything

I'm not defending him. But Rex is in control of the defense, and in his tenure as the coach there, its been very good.

Has Rex mader a locker room mess? Yes. But the owner and GM thought it was a good idea to bring Tebow in. Im not putting that on him. His offense is pitiful, but he oversee's the offense as much as Chan does to our D.

And its funny how many ex-Rex players go to bat for the guy.

Why not Mangini or Billick? Both are retreads and as we know, that's our style.

Why in Gosh's name would you leave a cushy studio gig at ESPN and CBS to stand on the sidelines in teen degree weather in Buffalo.

If I had their TV gigs you couldn't pay me enough to get back behind the clipboard.

Especially Billick he was crap HC and got himself a ring.

Why in Gosh's name would you leave a cushy studio gig at ESPN and CBS to stand on the sidelines in teen degree weather in Buffalo.

If I had their TV gigs you couldn't pay me enough to get back behind the clipboard.

Especially Billick he was crap HC and got himself a ring.

Ha. You're preaching to the choir on this, but its widely known Billick wanted the job and didn't even get a call from the Bills. He's probably the sole reason Buddy proclaimed the Bills job was so desirable.

As for Mangini, pure assumption on my end, he just doesn't strike me as the type to end his coaching career quite yet. And seriously, when was the last teen degree weather game in Buffalo?

Edited by stony