The President Is Really Showing Leadership!!

I'll never be put in the position of defending weather reporting...but I would suggest you consider areas throughout the NE that are flooding, loosing power, etc...and not think the story dies with the fact you got your trash picked up at noon :)

Like I said, we're a coastal area and we get some flooding every year. Every year we get a handful of power outages that last a day or two. It's hardly a major national news story demanding 24 hour news cycle coverage.

This is a pseudo event manufactured by an Administration in need of a smoke screen.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, we're a coastal area and we get some flooding every year. Every year we get a handful of power outages that last a day or two. It's hardly a major national news story demanding 24 hour news cycle coverage.

This is a pseudo event manufactured by an Administration in need of a smoke screen.

can you post the not sure if serious joker face for me?

No, I've just been trying to goad you into commenting on it in it's thread. You've proven that you're smart for staying away from it, but along with that proof you've made it obvious that it doesn't matter what Obama may have done you'll support him because he's a dem. Nice.

I skimmed it...calls for impeachment....lots of "if true" this and that...hell I watched an episode of Hannity the other night (I almost never do this)...I'll talk some Benghazi when there's more than just desperate attempts to break a scandal before next tuesday...when there's articles you don't have to put an "if true" in front of and when there's a comprehensive story to evaluate.

Edited by TheNewBills

That's just it... It wasn't an abnormal storm. I live about 20 minutes from the ocean, and we hardly got any rain. The wind gusts weren't even that bad. Today was my trash day, and we had our regular pickup at noon. I didn't bring my barrels in until after work, and they didn't even blow 5 feet away from where I left them. There was no strom to speak of, and if the President hadn't needed a "compelling national storyline" to act as a smokescreen, this never would have been reported on. We experience hurricanes every year in New England, and this wasn't a hurricane. That last sentence combined with your not realizing that we do, infact, experience hurricanes annually tells you all you need to know about the over-reporting of this non-story.

The problem with that particular line of thinking is that it requires NOAA and half a dozen other major organizations (including UK's Meteorology office) to conspire together, in addition to a slew of lesser ones.

I'll never be put in the position of defending weather reporting...but I would suggest you consider areas throughout the NE that are flooding, loosing power, etc...and not think the story dies with the fact you got your trash picked up at noon

:)

And the problem with THAT particular line of thinking is the idea that weather predictions somehow require the president to predict the weather.

I skimmed it...calls for impeachment....lots of "if true" this and that...hell I watched an episode of Hannity the other night (I almost never do this)...I'll talk some Benghazi when there's more than just desperate attempts to break a scandal before next tuesday...when there's articles you don't have to put an "if true" in front of and when there's a comprehensive story to evaluate.

Watch Brett Baer---he is the most knowledgable. This is what I posted in the Benghazi thread:

This is a side of the story that I hadn't heard. The article is a week old.

http://www.washingto...d-benghazigate/

The evidence suggests that the Obama administration has not simply been engaging, legitimating, enriching and emboldening Islamists who have taken over or are ascendant in much of the Middle East. Starting in March 2011, when American diplomat J. Christopher Stevens was designated the liaison to the “opposition” in Libya, the Obama administration has been arming them, including jihadists like Abdelhakim Belhadj, leader of the al Qaeda franchise known as the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group.

Yes, because it didn't affect you personally, it is manufactured...

Our local news' biggest post storm coverage involved several highlights you might enjoy:

Footage of a 10 foot long tree branch in the middle of a side street in a suburb, and a graphic reading "fallen tree branch in Portsmouth".

A strip of road in our flood plane with "6 inches of water, expected to recede by morning".

An interview with a family living less than 2 miles from the ocean who lost power at around 8 PM who "has been informed by their local service provider that they will have their power restored by tomorrow afternoon," and who said "this storm wasn't bad at all, given the coverage we were expecting something much worse".

Our local news' biggest post storm coverage involved several highlights you might enjoy:

Footage of a 10 foot long tree branch in the middle of a side street in a suburb, and a graphic reading "fallen tree branch in Portsmouth".

A strip of road in our flood plane with "6 inches of water, expected to recede by morning".

An interview with a family living less than 2 miles from the ocean who lost power at around 8 PM who "has been informed by their local service provider that they will have their power restored by tomorrow afternoon," and who said "this storm wasn't bad at all, given the coverage we were expecting something much worse".

lol I think I'm beginning to see why the national media aught to go ahead and cover storms ... is it fair to say that perhaps Virginia was not hit the hardest? Or is it more likely the storm is faked?

Yes, because it didn't affect you personally, it is manufactured...

No, that's not my point at all. My point is that it wasn't a natural disaster at all. It was an anomaly in weather patterns, in that two distinct storm patterns merged in a very unusual way, but neither was a particularly significant storm, and their merger was incredibly uneventful.

lol I think I'm beginning to see why the national media aught to go ahead and cover storms ... is it fair to say that perhaps Virginia was not hit the hardest? Or is it more likely the storm is faked?

The storm wasn't faked, it was sensationalized into being something much worse than it actually was because the President needed to grab total control of the news cycle, and a natural disaster is one of the few things that can accomplish that objective.

The storm wasn't faked, it was sensationalized into being something much worse than it actually was because the President needed to grab total control of the news cycle, and a natural disaster is one of the few things that can accomplish that objective.

Storms are always sensationalized, and this storm is dropping a lot of rain all over the place. And clearly God just sent this storm to make sure a Mormon does not become President it wasn't Obama's fault

Storms are always sensationalized, and this storm is dropping a lot of rain all over the place. And clearly God just sent this storm to make sure a Mormon does not become President it wasn't Obama's fault

This one a bit more than most, since the news had the "biggest storm EVER!" line to sensationalize...as though geographical coverage is all that meaningful a measure to anyone not a meteorologist.

If you live in coastal New England you see storms much worse than this one multiple times per year, every year. Where is their 24 hour national media coverage?

That's just it... It wasn't an abnormal storm. I live about 20 minutes from the ocean, and we hardly got any rain. The wind gusts weren't even that bad. Today was my trash day, and we had our regular pickup at noon. I didn't bring my barrels in until after work, and they didn't even blow 5 feet away from where I left them. There was no strom to speak of, and if the President hadn't needed a "compelling national storyline" to act as a smokescreen, this never would have been reported on. We experience hurricanes every year in New England, and this wasn't a hurricane. That last sentence combined with your not realizing that we do, infact, experience hurricanes annually tells you all you need to know about the over-reporting of this non-story.

Wow, I wonder if he used some sort of magic weather generator or something. I mean I find it strange this storm just all of a sudden happened right when the president needed a crisis to manage. That has to be it. Magic weather generator.

If you live in coastal New England you see storms much worse than this one multiple times per year, every year. Where is their 24 hour national media coverage?

That's not unusual. A 12 foot storm surge in the East River...that's unusual. A nor'easter on Cape Gloucester...not unusual.

Yeah, it's been sensationalized. Yeah, a lot of the areas that went into pants-wetting panic "oh-****-we're-all-gonna-die" mode overreacted (they sure as hell did in my area). But it's still more than "just a rain storm" - the Jersey Shore seems to be well and truly trashed.

Wow, I wonder if he used some sort of magic weather generator or something. I mean I find it strange this storm just all of a sudden happened right when the president needed a crisis to manage. That has to be it. Magic weather generator.

The same one Cheney used on Katrina, no doubt.

Yes... because that's exactly what I'm saying.

/facepalm

The storm presented an opportunity which the administration seized apon.

Try harder not to be a jackass.

Ok you convinced me. A big storm hits several states flooding places all over the NE, hitting Jersey hard and streets of NYC flooding....and it's Obama stealing the election b/c the national media covers it the same as they do every huge storm/hurricane.

Ok you convinced me. A big storm hits several states flooding places all over the NE, hitting Jersey hard and streets of NYC flooding....and it's Obama stealing the election b/c the national media covers it the same as they do every huge storm/hurricane.

Christ. You're both idiots.