The President Is Really Showing Leadership!!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a first time for everything. Too bad it's 4 years into his prezidency and he didn't show the same level of leadership during the Libya attack or immediately afterwards.

Right before a close election. Can't claim this is a conspiracy, unless you guys are now going to start crying that God's a liberal now????

His teleprompter speech in the WH Briefing Room re Sandy.

Telepromter?? He didn't need one in the last two debates to tann Romney's hide!

His teleprompter speech in the WH Briefing Room re Sandy.

Seriously? "Leadership" = a !@#$ing presidential weather report? Leadership is dusting off the tired, trite "This is going to be a big _____, it's going to be a difficult ______. The great thing about America is when we go through tough times like this we all pull together." line that he uses in every single statement?

Friggin' looney democrats...I'll say it again, they don't want a leader. They want a BFF.

I dunno, I'm right in the path of the "disaster" and we barely even got any rain. We never lost power or saw any downed trees, we only experienced winds of maybe 40-45 mph, and while our coastal areas experienced some flooding, it was nothing that deviated from a regular storm surge.

I'm forced to believe the the entire even was blown out of proportion in order for the administration to have a faux "disaster" for the President to manage.

Seriously? "Leadership" = a !@#$ing presidential weather report? Leadership is dusting off the tired, trite "This is going to be a big _____, it's going to be a difficult ______. The great thing about America is when we go through tough times like this we all pull together." line that he uses in every single statement?

Friggin' looney democrats...I'll say it again, they don't want a leader. They want a BFF.

Uh, look who started this thread. I guess he thinks that's leadership.

I dunno, I'm right in the path of the "disaster" and we barely even got any rain. We never lost power or saw any downed trees, we only experienced winds of maybe 40-45 mph, and while our coastal areas experienced some flooding, it was nothing that deviated from a regular storm surge.

I'm forced to believe the the entire even was blown out of proportion in order for the administration to have a faux "disaster" for the President to manage.

You are partially right. They wanted to show that Obama could simultaneously deal with the hurricane while he got the answers on Benghazi.

Edited by 3rdnlng

You are partially right. They wanted to show that Obama could simultaneously deal with the hurricane while he got the answers on Benghazi.

I absolutely agree that Benghazi is involved in the calculations that gave us this pseudo-event, however my thoughts are that it isn't so that he could be shown to be getting answers; it's so the media has a compelling 24 hours news cycle story to run with until election day and won't have to report on the Benghazi story, which they otherwise would have been forced to do. Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Yes, I'm mocking him, albiet in an indirect fashion, so I understand why you may have been confused.

Oh look, the Butt Brothers are attacking me just for pointing out the storm gives Obama an advantage. The two brothers are so emotional that they fly off the handle at my having fun with the situation, as if it's any more silly than Obama's coming foreign donor scandal/media silence conspiracy thread, lol! Tom and third, you two twins need to calm down

3rd has some Benghazi fever right now...every 3rd 3rd post most contain the silver bullet "Benghazi"...the scandal of the century sure to lead to the impeachment of Obama and destruction of the Democratic party. :)

this pseudo-event,

Hey, I'm not big on whether either but the idea that a huge storm threatening to flood several NE states becomes a media storm shouldn't be news to anyone. Every hurricane is a media storm...this one effects a lot of land and areas that don't get hit all that often so there you have it...when news sees abnormal weather they see $$$...everybody understands "rain" time to tune in

3rd has some Benghazi fever right now...every 3rd 3rd post most contain the silver bullet "Benghazi"...the scandal of the century sure to lead to the impeachment of Obama and destruction of the Democratic party. :)

Hey, I'm not big on whether either but the idea that a huge storm threatening to flood several NE states becomes a media storm shouldn't be news to anyone. Every hurricane is a media storm...this one effects a lot of land and areas that don't get hit all that often so there you have it...when news sees abnormal weather they see $$$...everybody understands "rain" time to tune in

That's just it... It wasn't an abnormal storm. I live about 20 minutes from the ocean, and we hardly got any rain. The wind gusts weren't even that bad. Today was my trash day, and we had our regular pickup at noon. I didn't bring my barrels in until after work, and they didn't even blow 5 feet away from where I left them. There was no strom to speak of, and if the President hadn't needed a "compelling national storyline" to act as a smokescreen, this never would have been reported on. We experience hurricanes every year in New England, and this wasn't a hurricane. That last sentence combined with your not realizing that we do, infact, experience hurricanes annually tells you all you need to know about the over-reporting of this non-story.

That's just it... It wasn't an abnormal storm. I live about 20 minutes from the ocean, and we hardly got any rain. The wind gusts weren't even that bad. Today was my trash day, and we had our regular pickup at noon. I didn't bring my barrels in until after work, and they didn't even blow 5 feet away from where I left them. There was no strom to speak of, and if the President hadn't needed a "compelling national storyline" to act as a smokescreen, this never would have been reported on. We experience hurricanes every year in New England, and this wasn't a hurricane. That last sentence combined with your not realizing that we do, infact, experience hurricanes annually tells you all you need to know about the over-reporting of this non-story.

I'll never be put in the position of defending weather reporting...but I would suggest you consider areas throughout the NE that are flooding, loosing power, etc...and not think the story dies with the fact you got your trash picked up at noon :)

No, I've just been trying to goad you into commenting on it in it's thread. You've proven that you're smart for staying away from it, but along with that proof you've made it obvious that it doesn't matter what Obama may have done you'll support him because he's a dem. Nice.