Will the Bills Make a Trade?

RyanC883

Will the Bills Make a Trade  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Will Bills make a Trade?

• Yes, they will trade for a WR
    • Yes, they will trade for a QB such as Vick.
    • Yes, they will go all out and trade for mutiple positions such as a QB, WR, and/or LB.
    • No trade, the price will be too high.
    • No trade, they will ride out the season and try to improve via the Draft.

Given Buddy's drafting track record, I'd prefer Bowe. Look no further than our 2nd & 3rd round picks since 2010. 2010 Troup & Carrington, 2011 A. Williams & Sheppard, 2012 Glenn & Graham.

Troup has been a bust due to a lower back injury, Carrington doesn't even start although I think he's good, Williams is the worst starting corner in the league, Sheppard is average, Glenn is a stud & Graham is not a #1 or #2 receiver.

Dwayne Bowe would start on day 1, matched with Stevie we could be dangerous. Also Bowe knows Gailey's offense having been around in 2008.

Our 1st round pick should be a QB either: Geno Smith, Landry Jones, or Matt Barkley judging from what all the "experts" predict.

I would wait on anything in terms of a trade, until the end of game 16. Or as the Bills now traditionally call the end of the season. Nix doesn't only miss on draft picks but his free agent signings are poor too. M. Williams aside, we have the unreal Cornell Green disaster, IMO a quarterback named Fitz, plus other dumpster dive pick ups with names like Merriman, Martin, Morrison, etc. it's a real and growing issue. This old first time GM is in over his head, and is what he is a overpaid scout. I don't even think he's a good scout anymore.

It's Doubtful Wilson will clean house at the end of the year, probably there are more pressing issues in the Wilson family. Certainly it's not negotiating a new long term lease. We found that out.

D.Bowe may be a stud but who would throw the ball to him? The Bills are stuck in yet another epic backslide and no trade can help this team out in 2012. Other than the lines, and the backfield, it should be gutted by a competent NFL grade staff.

I could really see Fred Jackson being dealt! I love Freddy....but I can see it happening to get CJ more touches and more draft picks....

I understad what you are saying, but, after everything that has happened, if the Bills traded Jackson, all that would mean is Chan would call 9 running plays per game, instead of 19!

Bowe is the king of garbage time. He also struggles with conditioning and has a questionable work ethic. Also, receivers don't win championships. Putting that much into 2 receivers would be foolinsh IMO. There is a cheaper Bowe in the the draft. We aren't losing games because of our receivers.

So, Wouldn't that make him a perfect fit for this roster?

Everyone assumes that he was supposed to be brought in to automatically take over for Thigpen or Fitz, maybe they brought him in as a plan for next season? Give him this year to get an idea of the offence and learn it, or see if he is a guy that can be an upgrade with the chance to start next year? Obviously they would have to work on an extension for it to work though, ...

You just made me want to get off the couch and wander my ass into the eye of the hurricane outside.

So, Wouldn't that make him a perfect fit for this roster?

haha yeah it would. Also, Bowe plays in KC, whose QB is probably the only one worse than Fitz. Hard to grade how good he'd be outside of garbage time, but I know he can catch garbage passes.

...Nix doesn't only miss on draft picks but his free agent signings are poor too. M. Williams aside, we have the unreal Cornell Green disaster, IMO a quarterback named Fitz, plus other dumpster dive pick ups with names like Merriman, Martin, Morrison, etc. it's a real and growing issue. This old first time GM is in over his head, and is what he is a overpaid scout. I don't even think he's a good scout anymore.

Wasn't Buddy Nix named as Bills GM end of Dec 2009? Ryan Fitzpatrick was signed during the Jauron era in early 2009. So how did Buddy Nix pick up Fitz?

This is a critical week.

Should the Bills do nothing and win, then big kudos to Buddy and Chan

Should we get worse or embarrassed, I want changes right after the Houston game.

New GM,Head coach and starting QB.

The fans have been patient, its time to move on...........

Edited by HOUSE

Wasn't Buddy Nix named as Bills GM end of Dec 2009? Ryan Fitzpatrick was signed during the Jauron era in early 2009. So how did Buddy Nix pick up Fitz?

Quick review: Fitz was signed as a back up to Edwards by DJ. DJ gets canned. Gailey starts Edwards and then "Mega Mind" decides to cut him in the regular season of 2010. Who cared? Not me. Nix/Gailey decide collectively to promote a scrub back up and hitch the wagon to a guy Ryan Fitpatrick in 2010. After a few games of OK football they extend him in the middle of 2011. The Thinking and reasons for doing that only they know. Now Fitz is Gailey/Nix property.

Nix was on the 2009 staff just not as the GM. But good point lets blame this albatross of a starting QB on Dick Jauron who signed him as a backup to a cheap 2 +year deal.

I hope this helps with the nitpicking.

Quick review: Fitz was signed as a back up to Edwards by DJ. DJ gets canned. Gailey starts Edwards and then "Mega Mind" decides to cut him in the regular season of 2010. Who cared? Not me. Nix/Gailey decide collectively to promote a scrub back up and hitch the wagon to a guy Ryan Fitpatrick in 2010. After a few games of OK football they extend him in the middle of 2011. The Thinking and reasons for doing that only they know. Now Fitz is Gailey/Nix property.

Nix was on the 2009 staff just not as the GM. But good point lets blame this albatross of a starting QB on Dick Jauron who signed him as a backup to a cheap 2 +year deal.

I hope this helps with the nitpicking.

You made a factually incorrect statement earlier about Nix signing Fitz in free agency. Hardly any nitpicking there . You can criticize the regime all you want on this board , but use facts not falsehoods.