Dareus deals with adversity arcticle

bmur66

The expectations for Dareus are deservedly high because of where he was picked. But saying he's a key star is incorrect. There are virtually no stars on the team much less key ones.

No it is not incorrect. Dareus was picked where he was because of his ability and accomplishments, and to do that to be that key star. He was not picked 3rd overall so as to become the 75th best tackle in the NFL.

But you're right there are no stars on this team............that's the problem

Agree with most of your post but my question about this is was Gailey posting W or L at the time. I know a few boosters for college programs and it's amazing how their tune changes with the results of the games. Win and you're great, lose and you're a bum kind of thing, so the not relatable to his players thing strikes me as a comment after a L

well yeah...i doubt we'd be discussing this here if the bills were 8-0. and i doubt many are overly concerned with how a coach motivates players and maximizes their potential. but historically, its not looking like gailey has been greatly successful at this, at least in terms of w/l.

Agree with most of your post but my question about this is was Gailey posting W or L at the time. I know a few boosters for college programs and it's amazing how their tune changes with the results of the games. Win and you're great, lose and you're a bum kind of thing, so the not relatable to his players thing strikes me as a comment after a L

It was after the second year if i recall correctly. By that time people got to know Chan and his approach.

i also find it intersting that Chan stuck with Reggie Ball at Tech for all four years. Even though Ball made many many mistakes. It seemed back then that Chan thought "i am smarter then you guys at home or in the stands"

The biggest play that comes to mind is Reggie throwing the ball away on a fourth down play that cost them the game against UGA.

Anyways take what i said for what it is worth- nothing really. Ha

Hope i didnt steal the thread. Maybe lends some insight or back ground on Chan.

Gailey isn't a baby-sitter or a grief counselor. Not sure why people expect him to "know" all the goings-on of his players. He expects them to show up and do the job they've been paid millions of dollars to do--doesn't seem like an unrealistic expectation.

I'm curious... Can you please describe the best boss you've ever worked for, and what sort of personality traits make someone a good boss?

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20121029/SPORTS/121029172/two-bills-drive1004

More evidence that Gailey doesn't know his team. When he says "I don't know. You should probably talk to the player about that". It speak volumes to me. A coach that knows his team should know his players. It sound like Dareus could use someone to talk to. Isn't that part of what a coach does? But then again, Gailey has stated he is hands off with the defense which make him basically a glorified OC.

Dareus was a monster last year. Obviously he has some things going on that are affecting his production and this 2nd rate organization doesn't have the capacity to help him through it.

or it was a polite way to say we're not going to talk about that.

wasn't that the reason goodell gave for steering michael vick away from buffalo? in retrospect it was probably good thing but it seems the nfl is aware that the bills are not a nurturing, supportive organization for players.

is that a fact?

http://www.buffalone...bills-drive1004

More evidence that Gailey doesn't know his team. When he says "I don't know. You should probably talk to the player about that". It speak volumes to me. A coach that knows his team should know his players. It sound like Dareus could use someone to talk to. Isn't that part of what a coach does? But then again, Gailey has stated he is hands off with the defense which make him basically a glorified OC.

Dareus was a monster last year. Obviously he has some things going on that are affecting his production and this 2nd rate organization doesn't have the capacity to help him through it.

:wallbash:

Gailey isn't a baby-sitter or a grief counselor. Not sure why people expect him to "know" all the goings-on of his players. He expects them to show up and do the job they've been paid millions of dollars to do--doesn't seem like an unrealistic expectation.

It's part of the job of being the coach...not saying he has to know all but you'd think he'd know a little more about core players on his roster. How would you think Bellicheat or Rex would handle one of their core guys? It's been said that the Patriots Organization is very astute with each players on & off field dealing. Ex- Bills (S. Morris & S. Aiken) players have commented on how the Patriots is about running a first rate organization. There is an article where C. Wire said the same...