Losman Draft analysis info

VABills

Would that be the QB that gave Peerless Price a monster contract?  Or the QB that made the national media realize what a threat Lee Evans is?  Or the QB that, despite being "crap" as everyone says, still gave moulds 84 receptions for the season (despite a dozen or more drops by the star)?

Yeah, I'm sure future WRs would be much more keen on holding a block while JPL's running around.

CW

190806[/snapback]

If you still want Bledsoe as QB their's really not much to say other than a lot of people disagree

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

:P What  are you talking about? Has he started 1 game as a Bill? You kill me.  I know you can look into the future and see him failing. Here's a better recruiting: Tell your free agent wide reciever that you have all the pieces in place but tell him Bledsoe is your QB. Give the guy a freaking chance

190800[/snapback]

Thankfully I've actually watched a few football games in my time. Enough to know that JP Losman is NOWHERE near ready to compete at the NFL level and won't be for the foreseeable future (unless he has one of the great offseasons in NFL history). I didn't say he was going to be a failure and you're not the person I want speaking for me, thanks.

Thankfully I've actually watched a few football games in my time.  Enough to know that JP Losman is NOWHERE near ready to compete at the NFL level and won't be for the foreseeable future (unless he has one of the great offseasons in NFL history).  I didn't say he was going to be a failure and you're not the person I want speaking for me, thanks.

190817[/snapback]

I've watched a few games myself and it's enough to know that Drew will wallow in mediocrity as well as the team. You simply can't say "JP Losman is nowhere near ready to compete at the NFL level" Oh the feeling is so mutual Darin!

Would that be the QB that gave Peerless Price a monster contract? Or the QB that made the national media realize what a threat Lee Evans is? Or the QB that, despite being "crap" as everyone says, still gave moulds 84 receptions for the season (despite a dozen or more drops by the star)?

I believe you are talking about the QB that skips passes on the ground to open WR's or Throws behind his TE over the middle so the LB can pick it off.

I've watched a few games myself and it's enough to know that Drew will wallow in mediocrity as well as the team. You simply can't say "JP Losman is nowhere near ready to compete at the NFL level"  Oh the feeling is so mutual Darin!

190829[/snapback]

The subject isn't Drew Bledsoe, it's JP Losman. The reason you have to bring up Drew is your argument has so little value.

I wasn't trying to speak for you, dufus. Reading comprehension is an important skill. Work on it.

Thankfully I've actually watched a few football games in my time.  Enough to know that JP Losman is NOWHERE near ready to compete at the NFL level and won't be for the foreseeable future (unless he has one of the great offseasons in NFL history).  I didn't say he was going to be a failure and you're not the person I want speaking for me, thanks.

190817[/snapback]

I've watched quite a few games myself, and I know we need an upgrade at QB. I also know we havn't seen enough of JP Losman to come anywhere close to drawing any conclusions.

I will make my decision if JP's ready after seeing the third pre-season game this year.

The subject isn't Drew Bledsoe, it's JP Losman.  The reason you have to bring up Drew is your argument has so little value.

I wasn't trying to speak for you, dufus.  Reading comprehension is an important skill.  Work on it.

190864[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm talking about Losman also jerk. All hail Darin. The thing I love about you is your so much smarter than 99% of the board

I've watched quite a few games myself, and I know we need an upgrade at QB. I also know we havn't seen enough of JP Losman to come anywhere close to drawing any conclusions.

I will make my decision if JP's ready after seeing the third pre-season game this year.

190873[/snapback]

Yeah, preseason is a very valid measure of how a QB will compete when the real bullets are flying. Rob Johnson anyone? :)

190817[/snapback]

I still stick by my assertion that the management looked at Losman as being a two year "project," that he has great potential due to his raw talent but needed time to "refine" into a pro-level QB. I think the key word "eventually" in that analysis, his availability late in the first round (behind the other 3), the re-do of Bledsoe's contract (and how it was structured), and the fact that Losman could not find his way to the #2 position by year's end (yes, even with injury he should have been able to get there were he the overall package) show that.

The Bills, therefore, are "stuck" in the position of continuing with the "devil they know" (depending on whether they look at Bledsoe's performance from the final game in terms of the sacks and turnovers or the "2 minute" drives at the end of each half), or finding a QB that's "good enough" for one year. I think their situation would lead them to keeping Bledsoe as starter for next year, as the market for "one year starting QB's" would be low. Maybe they put the "starting QB job is up for the taking" carrot in front of all 3 QB's, but I don't see this staff working that way.

I still stick by my assertion that the management looked at Losman as being a two year "project," that he has great potential due to his raw talent but needed time to "refine" into a pro-level QB.  I think the key word "eventually" in that analysis,  his availability late in the first round (behind the other 3), the re-do of Bledsoe's contract (and how it was structured), and the fact that Losman could not find his way to the #2 position by year's end (yes, even with injury he should have been able to get there were he the overall package) show that.   

The Bills, therefore, are "stuck" in the position of continuing with the "devil they know" (depending on whether they look at Bledsoe's performance from the final game in terms of the sacks and turnovers or the "2 minute" drives at the end of each half), or finding a QB that's "good enough" for one year.  I think their situation would lead them to keeping Bledsoe as starter for next year, as the market for "one year starting QB's" would be low.  Maybe they put the "starting QB job is up for the taking" carrot in front of all 3 QB's, but I don't see this staff working that way.

190905[/snapback]

Good post.

Yeah, preseason is a very valid measure of how a QB will compete when the real bullets are flying.  Rob Johnson anyone?  :)

190904[/snapback]

I cant believe you actually said that ! You as well as anyone knows that is where you can evaluate your QB's progress. If they struggle in pre-season then they are not ready. If they are lighting it up they are ready for the next step.

Who pissed in your corn flakes this morning? Or do you have a personal problem with my posts?

Yeah, I'm talking about Losman also jerk. All hail Darin. The thing I love about you is your so much smarter than 99% of the board

190896[/snapback]

Yeah I am proud to be in that one percent. Spelling and Grammar errors aside.

If you still want Bledsoe as QB their's really not much to say other than a lot of people disagree

190811[/snapback]

And, based on what we've seen from JPL, there's a lot of people who agree as well.

CW

I cant believe you actually said that ! You as well as anyone knows that is where you can evaluate your QB's progress. If they struggle in pre-season then they are not ready. If they are lighting it up they are ready for the next step.

Who pissed in your corn flakes this morning? Or do you have a personal problem with my posts?

190917[/snapback]

Because it isn't there is little scheming done in preseason with leads to a "street ball" like game - which obviously plays to the strengths of players like Losman. That says nothing of their teammates and their level of readiness at that time, either. Preseason is like a beta test of a Microsoft OS - think Windows ME.

Pretty much the only way to tell if a QB (or really any player) is progressing is to play them 4 or 5 regular season games.

A personal problem with your posts? Do I know you? :)

but based on what we've seen on the field this year, Bledsoe is the best QB on the team.

Say What???? If you go by on field performnce... AS YOU STATE... then Shane Matthews wins hands down.... he almost doubled Bledsuck's QB rating.

If Bledsuck is the best QB on this team then, with him as a starter" the Bills go no where... For a 12 year vet and a career 76.6 QB rating he is the most over rated QB in the history of the NFL...