Report: Obama Watched Benghazi Attack From 'Situation Room'

RkFast

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunday, during the Fox New Sunday panel discussion, Obama broke in for a live nationwide emergency-awareness announcement about Hurricane Sandy. We’ve been hearing about the storm nonstop for days on every single TV and radio station, but our president wants to reassure the nation that he and emergency responders are prepared. Follow evacuation orders, he urges in his best comforting baritone. Get ready! The government is standing by to help. What a true leader. He’s the go-to president we need in a national emergency.

If you need a reminder to buy bottled water and tape the widows before a hurricane, Obama is your man. If you’re running a machine gun, soon to be covered in your own blood, on the roof of a building under fire in Libya at 3 a.m., if you’ve called three times over a period of almost seven hours for air cover that is within a couple of hours away (or, as we might learn, in the armed drone directly above) — well, you’re on your own. The president will get back to you.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/331956/obama-go-president-we-need-emergency-molly-powell

Look back through this thread and you'll find that only one lib has dared to post in it. He's so feeble-minded that all he could come up with was canards in order to try to disrupt the thread.

I hear you... and I've seen it here and in discussion with my 'lib' friends. I'm trying to remain non "knee-jerk" in my response but the evidence is certainly mounting. Again....if proven accurate....Obama should have zero support on this issue.

Libyagate: Lessons from Past Scandals

The second scandal is the anti-Kerry video put out by the Swift Boat veterans. As during the Swift Boat ads, the establishment media has done its best to ignore or even repress news about the developing scandal of Libyagate. The New York Times has distinguished itself by its dignified silence on both occasions. It eventually broke that silence over the Swift Boaters with a front-page story that assured readers there was nothing in it. That was difficult to believe about the allegations of Kerry’s former shipmates; it was impossible to believe about the second Swift Boat advertisement which consisted of a long extract of Kerry’s own congressional testimony about U.S. war crimes. Kerry’s attempt to present himself as a war hero was undercut completely by his own earlier appearances as an anti-war hero. The self-contradiction destroyed the desired “narrative” of his campaign, slowed him down, and ultimately weakened him terminally.

But this spectacular self-implosion would have influenced nothing if voters were relying on the establishment press to report it. The story made its way into the public mind first through the insurgent blogosphere and conservative opinion journals, and second, when the blogosphere’s own critical minds had dissected and confirmed it, via an initially reluctant Fox News, against a background of clucking disapproval from the guardians of journalistic orthodoxy. It hardly needs arguing that exactly the same thing is now happening over Libyagate — with these three differences: The story is more important and better-sourced, Fox News has been aggressively pursuing it from the start, and the blogosphere, opinion journals, and social media are no longer insurgent but widely seen as collectively trustworthy and self-critical news providers.

As a result, a cover-up, even one protected by the New York Times, cannot enjoy a long life. If there is any truth at all in a scandal, it will inevitably come out. It is merely a matter of time.

Someone's campaign is sinking.

Honestly I saw quite a few campaign signs in the same couple shots they kept going back to last night. Putting up a few state senate signs near a flood was a smart move yesterday.

Edited by TheNewBills

http://www.breitbart...n-Benghazi-Gate

Over the weekend, Facebook took down a message by the Special Operations Speaks PAC (SOS) which highlighted the fact that Obama denied backup to the forces being overrun in Benghazi.

The message was contained in a meme which demonstrated how Obama had relied on the SEALS when he was ready to let them get Osama bin Laden, and how he had turned around and denied them when they called for backup on Sept 11.

I spoke with Larry Ward, president of Political Media, Inc -- the media company that handles SOS postings and media production. Ward was the one who personally put the Navy SEAL meme up, and the one who received the warning from Facebook and an eventual 24 hour suspension from Facebook because Ward put the meme back up after Facebook told him to take it down.

post-9928-0-99915900-1351657468_thumb.jpg

Edited by 3rdnlng

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/the_mysterious_media_benghazi_bugout_BcSb3qr5XhCps5Lr5fZeyK?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Oped%20Columnists

"Last week, Fox News correspondent Jennifer Griffin reported that sources on the ground in Libya say they pleaded for support during the attack on the Benghazi consulate that led to the deaths of four Americans. They were allegedly told twice to “stand down.” Worse, there are suggestions that significant military resources were available to counterattack, but requests for help were denied.

If true, the White House’s concerted effort to blame the attack on a video crumbles, as do several other fraudulent claims. Yet, last Friday, the president boasted, “The minute I found out what was happening” in Benghazi, he ordered that everything possible be done to protect our personnel. That’s either untrue, or he’s being disobeyed on grave matters.

Yet Fox News is alone in treating the story like it’s a big deal. During the less significant Valerie Plame scandal, reporters camped out on the front lawns of Karl Rove and other Bush White House staff. Did Obama confiscate those journalists’ sleeping bags?

Of the five news shows last Sunday, only “Fox News Sunday” treated this as a major story. On the other four, the issue came up only when Republicans mentioned it. “Meet the Press” host David Gregory shushed a guest who tried to bring up the subject, saying, “Let’s get to Libya a little bit later.” He never did, but he saved plenty of time to dive deep into the question of what Indiana Senate candidate Richard Mourdock’s comments on abortion and rape mean for the Romney campaign.""

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/10/30/Obama-Leave-No-One-Behind-Sandy

This is a tough time for a lot of people; millions of folks all across the Eastern Seaboard, but America's tougher. And we're tougher because we pull together, we leave nobody behind, we make sure we respond as a nation and remind ourselves that whenever an American is in need, all of stand together to make sure we're providing the help that's necessary

Anyone think that the White House may have set this whole thing up and that Stevens was supposed to be kidnapped so that we could swoop in and liberate him, making the U.S., and Obama look like heroes right before the election?

Anyone think that the White House may have set this whole thing up and that Stevens was supposed to be kidnapped so that we could swoop in and liberate him, making the U.S., and Obama look like heroes right before the election?

No.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/31/gingrich-rumor-says-networks-have-white-house-emails-telling-counterterrorism-group-to-stand-down-on-benghazi-rescue/

Gingrich said that the bombshell emails could be revealed within the next two days.

“There is a rumor — I want to be clear, it’s a rumor — that at least two networks have emails from the National Security Adviser’s office telling a counterterrorism group to stand down,” Gingrich said. “But they were a group in real-time trying to mobilize marines and C-130s and the fighter aircraft, and they were told explicitly by the White House stand down and do nothing. This is not a terrorist action. If that is true, and I’ve been told this by a fairly reliable U.S. senator, if that is true and comes out, I think it raises enormous questions about the president’s role, and Tom Donilon, the National Security Adviser’s role, the Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta, who has taken it on his own shoulders, that he said don’t go. And that is, I think, very dubious, given that the president said he had instructions they are supposed to do everything they could to secure American personnel.”

After noting that the rumor, if true, would have a substantial impact on the presidential election, Gingrich pointed to another possible “October surprise” in the coming days.

“The other big story, I think, that is going to break is on corruption and extraordinary waste in the solar power grants and direct involvement by the Obama White House, including the president, in the solar panel grants involving billions of dollars, and I suspect that’s going to break Wednesday and Thursday of this week,” Gingrich added.

No,

they just got the "3AM" call (albeit it was 5PM) and they panicked and thought of themseves first.

its ALWAYS about Obama first. . . . . .

No? Why else would forces, who would have been able to quell this attack in minutes, be ordered to stand down?

Because by saying events like Benghazi and Fort Hood are not terrorist events, he can take the Duck Dodgers talking point and Obama campaign speech "Al Qaeda is on its heels" and that no major terror event has occurred on Obama's watch.

It's this lazy, desperate thinking that leads them to actually say the Benghazi story is a joke. That dead Americans are just a bump in the road. That the Sally Fields Foreign Policy is working...it's really, really working.

Edited by LABillzFan