The new Chrysler 300C

I just wanted to chime in about the new Chrysler 300C. I purchased one over the holidays and I have to tell you, this is far and away the best thing to come out of Chrysler in a long long time. They really got this one right.

The Hemi pumps out 340Hp and the rear wheel drive feel of this automobile and the ride that it offers far exceeded my expectations.

For someones who's first car as a 16 year old was a Dodge Super-Bee, I am an old Mopar guy. I have been waiting for something like this for a long...long time.

I highly recoomend that if anyone is in the market for full sized luxary sedan..you owe it to yourself to at least give this car a look.

To top it off I was able to purchase the car at 2% below dealers cost because my company is a supplier to DaimlerChrysler. That knocked a cool 6k off the sticker price. Left me a few dollars for some beer to drown my Bils sorrows in.

Just thought I would throw this out there.

I just wanted to chime in about the new Chrysler 300C. I purchased one over the holidays and I have to tell you, this is far and away the best thing to come out of Chrysler in a long long time. They really got this one right.

190656[/snapback]

I don't post here often but I do know that I generally disagree with everything Rich has to say. Except for today. Great post buddy. Couldn't agree more.

Cool!

I was thinking about that Chrysler model come late spring yet, I was strongly leaning toward the Cadillac STS.

I like the styling on both but, I will most likely go with the Caddy.

191972[/snapback]

Dang limosine libs... ;)

I have driven both and I have to give the nod to the 300 I like the power it has much better and it is a little, not much, better drive.

I'm sure the 300C is a nice ride, but I'd rather be behind the wheel of a superbee.  :)

191125[/snapback]

Yea I have been looking high and low for the 69 "six pack" model like I had. I have been trying to find one to restore. If anyone has a lead on one..please drop me a line.

By the way, mine was Orange with the black fiberglass hood with pins instead of hinges, and I think I paid $3,800.00 brand spanking new.

Cool!

I was thinking about that Chrysler model come late spring yet, I was strongly leaning toward the Cadillac STS.

I like the styling on both but, I will most likely go with the Caddy.

191972[/snapback]

For what its worth, I know that we find almost nothing to agree on but it was an CTS that I traded in on the 300C. The CTS was a fine car, but just not the same feeling when I step on that Hemi.

The addition of the ESP (Electronic Stability Program) with the rear wheel drive helps tremendously in the snow. I was surprised. Actually I wiated until there was some snow on the ground to test drive it again, and that is when I made my decision.

Either way you will be happy, I would just suggest giving the 300C a real good test drive before you decide.

Good luck.

For what its worth, I know that we find almost nothing to agree on but it was an CTS that I traded in on the 300C. The CTS was a fine car, but just not the same feeling when I step on that Hemi.

The addition of the ESP (Electronic Stability Program) with the rear wheel drive helps tremendously in the snow. I was surprised. Actually I wiated until there was some snow on the ground to test drive it again, and that is when I made my decision.

Either way you will be happy, I would just suggest giving the 300C a real good test drive before you decide.

Good luck.

192540[/snapback]

Hoping not to rain on your parade, but this Spring, Chrysler expands their SRT line to the 300, with the SRT-8, upping the motor to 400 hp along with chassis m0difications. ;)

Yea I have been looking high and low for the 69 "six pack" model like I had. I have been trying to find one to restore. If anyone has a lead on one..please drop me a line.

By the way, mine was Orange with the black fiberglass hood with pins instead of hinges, and I think I paid $3,800.00 brand spanking new.

192538[/snapback]

Oh, they're out there, but it's going to cost a few more bucks this time. Like about $25k for this one.

Hoping not to rain on your parade, but this Spring, Chrysler expands their SRT line to the 300, with the SRT-8, upping the motor to 400 hp along with chassis m0difications. ;)

192976[/snapback]

what exactly are you going to do with all that power in such a big car? you're going to need huge brakes to stop that thing

Good luck.

192540[/snapback]

I will... I am torn... I really like the styling on the Caddy a bit better.

I have never had any trouble with a Chyrsler product. I still have an LHS that is 10 years old and never gave me a lick of trouble and is very easy to maintain!

Thanks!

Dang limosine libs... :w00t:

I have driven both and I have to give the nod to the 300 I like the power it has much better and it is a little, not much, better drive.

192308[/snapback]

You bet! ;)

It is all about quality... Why spend way too much on things that are throwaway? Buy something that is built well and serviceable... It will last.

Anyway, If I am gonna giveaway other people's money freely... Why shouldn't I do it in luxury? :D

Hoping not to rain on your parade, but this Spring, Chrysler expands their SRT line to the 300, with the SRT-8, upping the motor to 400 hp along with chassis m0difications. :D

192976[/snapback]

Not raining on my parade at all. Actually that will be a 440 HP engine, and I am not sure about the chasiss mods. I will have to check with my boys inside chrysler.

In any case the 300C is sweet, and provides plenty enough power for me at the moment.

what exactly are you going to do with all that power in such a big car? you're going to need  huge brakes to stop that thing

193204[/snapback]

Actually you never have enough power. For someone like me who spends a considerable amount of time on the road, the power when needed is a blessing.

Regarding the brakes the 300C version that I have has 18" resealable tires (The same tires that come standard on the E Class Mercedes) and the brakes are actually huge. They are vented in both the front and rear and I can tell you that the stopping distance surprised me considering this is a 4,050 lb autombile.

By the way the gas mileage is pretty good. In town aroun 18 to 20, and on the road I got nearly 28 mpg on a recent trip to knoxville. The MDS (Multi-Displacement System) automatically deactivates four of the cyliders when you are cruising. It is nearly impossible to tell when it is activated.