Landry Jones (the Savior)

tito1

Landry Jones has regressed. I watched him heavily in 2010 and Somewhat in 2011 and this will only be the second time in 2012. He can play in the NFL but he cracks under pressure. He is no one's savior in the NFL.

Agreed. Say no to jones. Future bum

If a qb isn't a good top ten pick, why would he be a good round 2 pick?

Either you think he can do it, or you don't.

Exactly

Not sure about all the Te'o talk. He'll be gone by the time we pick. He's that good.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, Id be fine with whoever they pick out of Geno Smith, Landry Jones, and Matt Barkley. All have their faults and strengths, it just depends on how they are brought into the league. I think all/any can end up being starters in the NFL.

I think Te'o goes in the top 3, definitely top 5, so we (hopefully?) wont have a shot at him. Which is unfortunate cause that kid can play!

Come on people I am the BIGGEST ND fan. But sign me up for L.Jones. He played a great game. Coaches took him out in the red zone. I will take Jones right now I don't care if we pick #2

Thank you.

Jones displayed great command of the offense with absolutely no running game ,going against the best defense country (and Im not a ND fan) His arm is strong and most importantly for us ACCURATE something we desperately need.

Landry Jones Before the Season was projected as a 3rd to 5th round pick & he has did nothing to improve his spot & may have hurt himself

BULL S#!T are you friggin high? First off he was projected as first rounder last year and after this game I'm more convinced then ever that he is a first rounder and can play in the NFL. We'll be lucky to draft him and Nix had better if he is available and if not it will show what an utter failure he has been as GM.

He will need a new number, but other than that we get out franchise qb next year.

Mario has the off season to heal his wrist and we add more linebackers and depth on defense and we will be hosting the afc title game in orchar park January 2014!!!

And you likely said Maybin would be our defensive saviour.

If a qb isn't a good top ten pick, why would he be a good round 2 pick?

Either you think he can do it, or you don't.

Do you think Drew Brees and Andy Daulton were good 2nd round picks? They were certainly never considered top ten picks

Just bc you think a guy can do it doesn't mean you think he is a top ten guy

Edited by Max997

He will need a new number, but other than that we get out franchise qb next year.

Mario has the off season to heal his wrist and we add more linebackers and depth on defense and we will be hosting the afc title game in orchar park January 2014!!!

I'm not real sure about Jones i have recently seen other QB's that may be coming out that i think are better not just in performance but in ranking & stats too . Which i know stats don't mean anything but hey it all counts in the end .

One that i see is K States QB Colin Klein 6' 5" 226 lbs he looked pretty good today & what impressed me was he started out slow but was able to get it together in the second half & bring his team back & win that shows a little bit of leadership to me ..

Another thing is he not only has a good arm but he can run for a big guy he holds a record for the most rushing TD's at K state for a QB ...

I'm not real sure about Jones i have recently seen other QB's that may be coming out that i think are better not just in performance but in ranking & stats too . Which i know stats don't mean anything but hey it all counts in the end .

One that i see is K States QB Colin Klein 6' 5" 226 lbs he looked pretty good today & what impressed me was he started out slow but was able to get it together in the second half & bring his team back & win that shows a little bit of leadership to me ..

Another thing is he not only has a good arm but he can run for a big guy he holds a record for the most rushing TD's at K state for a QB ...

Gotta disagree about the good arm part, it's ok for college but not for the NFL, he'll be another Tebow. Wish it was better bc that kid is a gamer.

Thank you.

Jones displayed great command of the offense with absolutely no running game ,going against the best defense country (and Im not a ND fan) His arm is strong and most importantly for us ACCURATE something we desperately need.

BULL S#!T are you friggin high? First off he was projected as first rounder last year and after this game I'm more convinced then ever that he is a first rounder and can play in the NFL. We'll be lucky to draft him and Nix had better if he is available and if not it will show what an utter failure he has been as GM.

Actually the dude is correct most Mocks have him going after the 1st as low as 3rd.

certainly not the 5th and before the season it was late first, irregardless He can play and we should draft him.

After the 2011 College/NFL Seasons Landry Jones Dropped at the start of 2012 he was rated a 3rd to 5th round pick at the end of the 2010 he was rated 1st round talent

not in any big boards I saw, doesn't matter, he can play, period.

Bob Stoops put in Blake Bell in the Redzone against ND last night because he doesn't trust Jones anymore Ok You like Landry Jones Ok but that doesn't change the fact he has slipped its a fact, Mark Barkley has slipped in the top 10 Tyler Wilson has Slipped out of the Top 2o its not always based on talent its also based on team needs & if there are different players rank higher you take them based on your need

If your the Colts & Geno Smith is available & you need a CB you don't draft Smith because he is the best player you draft the best CB if there is not on you try & trade down for value if nobody wants to trade you take the next best player your need base on the position but you don't take Smith

At these point Jones is Ranked 8th to 11th best QB available its just a fact

IF Cleveland gets first overall Te'O will be playing on the otherside of Lake Erie.

Thats not that far off Jarvis Jones is Projected the #1 Pick but Te'o Manti is moving up so that could happen & people assume Cleveland, Jacksonville,& Kansas City Cleveland too McCoy 2011 then Weeden 2012 they have alot of Money wrapped up in there QB for that team, The Jags aren't ready to give up on Gabbert just yet & the Chiefs have not drafted a a QB in the 1st round since 1983 Steve Fuller & with Tyler Bray or Tyler Wilson a possible 2nd Round they might not take a QB till that round

lots of teama are gearing towards Defense because scoring is so high & Big TE are the thing so Cleveland could take a cover LB like Te'o Manti playing in the AFC North

IF Cleveland gets first overall Te'O will be playing on the otherside of Lake Erie.

Huh?

A MLB hasn't gone #1 in the draft in 24 years. Why would you think that would change? I like Te'o, but he isn't going #1, hell I don't think he goes top 5. The teams picking top five are looking for franchise altering players. And IMO that's not a MLB, not when you can get great LBs in the late first, early second round. Remember the buzz about Luke Keuchly, he went at 9. Te'o will go somewhere between 7-15.

Not to mention the browns already have a stud MLB in Jackson.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Come on people I am the BIGGEST ND fan. But sign me up for L.Jones. He played a great game. Coaches took him out in the red zone. I will take Jones right now I don't care if we pick #2

If his coaches don't trust Landry Jones in the red zone in college football, why would anyone want them to run a Red Zone offense for the Bills in the NFL?

Huh?

A MLB hasn't gone #1 in the draft in 24 years. Why would you think that would change? I like Te'o, but he isn't going #1, hell I don't think he goes top 5. The teams picking top five are looking for franchise altering players. And IMO that's not a MLB, not when you can get great LBs in the late first, early second round. Remember the buzz about Luke Keuchly, he went at 9. Te'o will go somewhere between 7-15.

Not to mention the browns already have a stud MLB in Jackson.

I'm well aware of the History of drafting LBs in the NFL. I'm also aware that pass rushing LBs like Von Miller and Aaron Curry.

D'Qwell Jackson is a very good LB.

Manti Te'O looks like the next Ray Lewis the BRowns have key building blocks on offense. I wouldn't be suprised if their new owners and GM wants the Defensive QB of the future. Jackson is 30, Te'O becomes the face of the franchise.

The bigger point is Te'O is going to go very High much higher than Luke Koochie. Koochie doesn't have as a high a ceiling as Te'O. Koochie transfered very well into the NF and that speed to time of value can help Te'O's stock.

Edited by Why So Serious?