Slashdot Poll Best Trek Captain

/dev/null

+100000

You know, the first season was not very good, which I think, turned a lot of people off...but it got so much better when it gave up the notion of being like TNG. To this day, whenever I mention Star Trek to people who are also fans, more often than not, they say they never really watched DS9...such a shame. For me I still love the original, I really liked NG, but DS9 was my absolute favorite. It kind of retained some of the naivety of the original, but also had an edginess that the other shows never had.

I will confess, I gave up on Voyager around the second to last season...our local affiliate took it off, and I realized, I didn't care enough to go through the trouble it would take (at that time) to see the rest...the show was painfully dull, and repetitive. Seven of Nine was it's only saving grace, but even that got dull...and, since I am in full disclosure mode, I have only seen two or three episodes of Enterprise...it didn't do much for me. I have heard that it got much better as it went on, but it was just too formulaic for me... I kind of wish they had waited a few years for it, to let people miss the franchise a bit...it just seemed unnecessary at the time.

Also, all in all, I thought the re-boot flick was pretty good...looking forward to the new one...I just hope they don't feel the need (again) to make one of the original actors a part of the story. No more Shat or Nimoy...if you are going to re-boot, re-boot...

DS9 First Season <_<

DS9 Final Season :thumbdown:

DS9 in between :w00t:

Kind of like Babylon 5

Voyager had it's good moments. Voyager also had alot more meh moments. Seven of Nine made that series alot more tolerable

Enterprise, in the context of the Trek franchise was a big disappointment. Enterprise, as a stand alone Sci-Fi series, wasn't that bad. Especially their final season and a half or so. Plus Hoshi :wub:

The rebooted Trek was a pretty good sci-fi flick. But it would have done better under a new name than trying to pass along the Trek torch

DS9 First Season <_<

DS9 Final Season :thumbdown:

DS9 in between :w00t:

I'd say first season is :thumbdown: but the rest were great. And even the first season has its moments -- it helps explain the characters so you can see them develop over the years. The stories themselves weren't good though.

For me, it was the little things like Sisko loving baseball -- always having a ball on his desk. It made the series more "real" I think.

Can say I liked all 5 series (6 if you count animated one) but as with every series they all had good points and bad.

ST:TOS - Some of the stories were weak and partly explained in some of the books about series but Shatner's acting was weakest link in series

ST:TOS Movies - Lots have been said about odd/even movies but I found ST V absolutely terrible

ST:TNG first season had lots of lame episodes and some clunkers in other seasons but Wesley ones were big ones

ST:TNG movies - I liked them a lot more than most it appears except I really thought last one was misdone

ST:DS9 Agree first season was weak, it got stronger and stronger as it became more serial rather than episdsodal; Disliked end including killing of Dax because actress left (reminds me on TNG and Yarr)

ST:Vgr Least favorite of series especially whole Hologram rights

ST Ent: Liked cast pick and even T'Pol after a while but think they tried to go to far away from continuity too fast. Liked Andorians and Dr Phlox best

ST reboot: Not really sure what they are trying to do - get some movies and destroy everything before? DC comics did same thing with reboot trying to hook in new audience but they lose audience they spent decades building.