The Matrix - Will Smith as "Neo" and Sean Connery as "Morp

Juror#8

Reading about folks who were the first to be offered a movie role, passed on the role, and who then later regretted the decision. Is the character so iconic that you can only see that actor playing the role or can you use a little revisionist history to imagine the role with another actor?:

http://www.chacha.com/gallery/4620/which-stars-turned-down-legendary-roles?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_campaign=zergnet_32404

Jack Nicholson as Michael Corleone....hmmmmmm.......

I've always been fascinated by these things, especially the Matrix ones. Will Smith would have been an interesting choice. Keanu is a horrible actor, but I'm not sure Will could effectively sell being an isolated computer hacker as much as Keanu. He has too much personality.

I've always been fascinated by these things, especially the Matrix ones. Will Smith would have been an interesting choice. Keanu is a horrible actor, but I'm not sure Will could effectively sell being an isolated computer hacker as much as Keanu. He has too much personality.

Me too. Especially movies the scale and scope of "The Matrix." Envisioning a martial arts proficient Will Smith as Neo and a saturnine, engmatic Morpheus played by Sean Connery seems really odd.

Imagining their career arc and the career arc of those who took the roles because the first choice turned them down is interesting too.

Molly Ringwold, pretty woman?

BTW, I never considered Will Smith a good actor until I took time to consider his entire performance history. He's farily versatile.

will smith is amazing, I think

if you've seen Ali, it made me want to rip my eyes out and rape myself..the only reason I did not, is because of Smiths performance as Ali....if you havent seen it, please, do not

He has been in many different genres and slayed them all....hes incredible....

excellent link, thanks OP