TB/Vikings game

bobinaz

I'm watching this game and its amazing what a fired up defense can do. The emotion the Vikings defense is playing with and the crowd noise. They're behind but they're playing with so much heart. They haven't given up like we see each and every week with the Bills defense.

I read the article about Stevie Johnson saying how the debris was being thrown at them and the cursing being yelled as they went into the tunnel after the Titans game. That's sad in a way because there are players busting their ass every play, but at the same time it's deserving for the way some are playing half hearted..

I just hope what Kelsey said hits home and this team starts playing and turns this season around. Granted it'll take a miracle, but as fans we are sick to death of seeing a crappy team effort on the field for the last 12 seasons.

Can't teach heart or desire.... Allen >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mario

Given his early career drinking issues (3 dui arrests) that trade and contract was a bit like hitting a 3 pointer from 8 feet behind the arc. Not impossible but a damn risky shot that happened to pay off huge. A first, 2 thirds and the richest defensive contract in nfl history to get him

I'm watching this game and its amazing what a fired up defense can do. The emotion the Vikings defense is playing with and the crowd noise. They're behind but they're playing with so much heart. They haven't given up like we see each and every week with the Bills defense.

I read the article about Stevie Johnson saying how the debris was being thrown at them and the cursing being yelled as they went into the tunnel after the Titans game. That's sad in a way because there are players busting their ass every play, but at the same time it's deserving for the way some are playing half hearted..

I just hope what Kelsey said hits home and this team starts playing and turns this season around. Granted it'll take a miracle, but as fans we are sick to death of seeing a crappy team effort on the field for the last 12 seasons.

The last time I saw our defense play with this kind of Charged up emotion was when we played the Cowboys a couple of years ago on Sunday Night Football in Buffalo. The crowd went nuts when Kelsay picked off a pass and rumbled into the end zone. Sadly we lost the game thanks to stupid decisions by Jauron at the end of the game.

their effort was excellent Sunday... you're pissed because they lost. If fitz makes the completion or its incomplete, instead of a pick, all you would be talking about is how well the bills finished out the game...

What a pathetic defensive effort by Minny AT HOME against a non-powerhouse offense in Tampa Bay. I hate to say but i expect this kind of performance by the Bills D in their Thursday nighter when they host Miami. I can see Tanneyhill and the blah Miami Dolphins laying 35 pts on the Bills...and us fans saying, how can this happen week after week?!?!

I'm assuming you wrote this when Jerod Allen had his bloody nose (that he refused to wipe the blood off of ... even after the game was over - drama king) and was all jacked up. It did nothing. Minnesota's defense almost looked as bad as Buffalo's.

What I was thinking as I watched the game was this ... Tampa Bay knows how to close out a win better than Buffalo does. It was nice to see them killing the clock and preserving the win. And they did it very well. Not to mention, converting just about every (if not, every) 3rd down conversion in the 4th quarter.

That's how you win games when you have a lead.

Go Bills!

In fact Allen says he doesn't agree with the op:

“Hats off to them, they came in here and kicked our butts,” Allen said. “Just top to bottom, I don’t know if we overlooked them or not, but it’s an embarrassing game for us.”

If anything this game showed that a mediocre defense (TB ranked 25th )can win by blitzing and putting constant pressure on the opposing QB. Something the Bills DC dave wannstooge fails to comprehend

Minnesota defense was on the field all night because Ponder couldn't complete a pass. The way to beat Minny is double Harvin and 8-man the box for AP all game. Just what Tampa did.

That Martin kid is a stud. Great drafting by Tampa to trade down a few and still get Barron (taking advantage of Jax worrying Dallas would take Blackmon at 6) then trade their newly acquired 4th pick and 2nd round pick to move back into the first round (31st) and grab the next Jones-Drew before the Giants could grab him at 32. Now THAT"S a front office.

I thought that Tampa coach was a douche after the BS he pulled against the Giants at the end of the game when NY was taking a victory snap to run out the clock and Tampa came plowing through the line. He had some cheesy answer like 'well, the last I heard you're supposed to play until they tell us the game is over...." Reminded me of Gregg as a new head coach, arrogant and desperate.

But after watching him last night interact with his players and seeing him encourage Roscoe after his fumble, I've changed my opinion of the guy.

Their D got destroyed... and I think Ponder is going to be a bust.. He made some horrible decisions... Had guys open in the flat and would just force it into double coverage... Kept looking at the rush when guys were open and would just toss it out of bounds... Looked rattled to me. I don't know what the hype is about with this guy..

Of all the odd aspects of this thread I find it suspicious that no one blames Minny's vanilla defensive scheme and lack of adjustments for the blowout. They play a basic defense and challenge you to beat them in the one on ones. Even when they blitz it is usually out of a cover-2 shell whether it be 4-3 or nickel packages. Not particularly complicated.

What an oddly timed post. If the time stamp is correct, you posted this as Minny were having their asses handed to them by TB.

roughly, they were down 2 scores and at the time of my first reply to it TB was already in the redzone to extend it to 3