Exhibit A of a Selfish Player

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's out of character.  Alexander is a local product (Florence, KY), and he is a huge giver of time and money to charitable causes.

190634[/snapback]

The guy has the "10 richest people in the World" taped to the inside of his locker.

I am sure the guy had some serious bonus $ coming his way if he led the league in rushing. He has a right to be pissed.

190637[/snapback]

So I guess he is putting $ ahead of his team then correct, and thats the right thing to do right? Its not like Alexander is hurting for money.

Gotta love the Me Generation...man times have changed.

I am sure the guy had some serious bonus $ coming his way if he led the league in rushing. He has a right to be pissed.

190637[/snapback]

You are sure? Well show me the link to his contract then. I'm sure you can't find one.

So I guess he is putting $ ahead of his team then correct, and thats the right thing to do right?  Its not like Alexander is hurting for money.

Gotta love the Me Generation...man times have changed.

190639[/snapback]

You're right. Times have changed. There is no loyalty. Do you think that Jimmy Johnson, Marv Levy or Bill Parcells would have allowed their running back to lose the rushing title by a yard? Not a chance in friggin hell. Holmgrem blew it, plain and simple.

Shame on him, and shame on Daryl Johnston for gushing about what a team-player he is.

Speaking of Moose, can you stop crying about what an "injustice" it was that he didn't get his rushing title? Have Alexander run against the AFC East all year and give Curtis Martin two cracks at everybody in the NFC West, and see what happens.

You're right. Times have changed. There is no loyalty. Do you think that Jimmy Johnson, Marv Levy or Bill Parcells would have allowed their running back to lose the rushing title by a yard? Not a chance in friggin hell. Holmgrem blew it, plain and simple.

190653[/snapback]

Didnt Marv hold out Thurman Thomas in a game at home against the Lions for the benefit of the TEAM going forward in the playoffs when Thurman had the NFL lead in rushing and Emmitt win the title? Im not 100 percent sure of the accuracy, if someone can clarify that for me it would be appreciated :P

Homgren was thinking about getting a HOME playoff game. Shame on him for not thinking in a more $elfi$h way. Cmon!

190653[/snapback]

Interesting that Thurman lost the rushing title to Barry by seven yards in 1990.

Interesting that Thurman lost the rushing title to Barry by seven yards in 1990.

190669[/snapback]

Maybe that is what i was thinking about. The Bills played a meaningless game at the Redskins that year right? And I believe Thurman had 5 carries for 0 yards and the Bills lose, they had homefield wrapped up.

And maybe he just lost a million dollar bonus.  I too would be pretty upset if my contract was based on the one yard and everyone knew it.

190584[/snapback]

I have to agree with you on this. Yeah, I get the whole teamwork thing, but you can bet your ass that he had an incentive clause for being the top rusher for 2005. Plus, it goes on the resume when he's a free agent.

This is kind of a stretch, but imagine if you're some middle manager at some company, and were taking classes at work because you wanted to earn a bonus, and all you had to do was show up for one more class to get the bonus and some certification that would help your resume, but the day of the class your boss says he needs you to cover the phones because the receptionist is sick.

I know. Teamwork. But good teamwork is based on good management and good management understands that you sometimes have to give in order to take.

I have to agree with you on this. Yeah, I get the whole teamwork thing, but you can bet your ass that he had an incentive clause for being the top rusher for 2005. Plus, it goes on the resume when he's a free agent.

This is kind of a stretch, but imagine if you're some middle manager at some company, and were taking classes at work because you wanted to earn a bonus, and all you had to do was show up for one more class to get the bonus and some certification that would help your resume, but the day of the class your boss says he needs you to cover the phones because the receptionist is sick.

I know. Teamwork. But good teamwork is based on good management and good management understands that you sometimes have to give in order to take.

190682[/snapback]

He can blame himself for fumbling against the Jets earlier in the year on the goal line. There is his one yard. And it basically cost his team the game.

And he's not going to get any less of a contract next year for being one yard short of the title. Plus, if he had incentives I'd love to see them! I'm not questioning you, just want to see the pudding.

First of all, I would say almost all good to great RB's have an incentive to win the rushing title...if they do not their agent should be fired...second of all, it is not as if he wanted to go back in a game they were clearly winning to get the rushing title...he is their horse, they needed on yard, he needed one yard, I would be a little PO'd too...all of you that say otherwise are full of sh--..Holmmgren should want to get his RB the rushing title, and he could have accomplished both by giving SA the ball at the one yard line...instead, Holmgren, like all of todays coaches, decided to get cute, and show how smart he is...it worked for him, but I would much rather give the ball to my horse RB, than my banged up QB....

First of all, I would say almost all good to great RB's have an incentive to win the rushing title...if they do not their agent should be fired...second of all, it is not as if he wanted to go back in a game they were clearly winning to get the rushing title...he is their horse, they needed on yard, he needed one yard, I would be a little PO'd too...all of you that say otherwise are full of sh--..Holmmgren should want to get his RB the rushing title, and he could have accomplished both by giving SA the ball at the one yard line...instead, Holmgren, like all of todays coaches, decided to get cute, and show how smart he is...it worked for him, but I would much rather give the ball to my horse RB, than my banged up QB....

190741[/snapback]

Just like when Shaun get the job done against the Jets when he tried to pound it in 3 times?

Yeah cute, the Hawks are going to the playoffs and if they didn't win this game they'd be on a flight to St. Louis.

Just like when Shaun get the job done against the Jets when he tried to pound it in 3 times?

Yeah cute, the Hawks are going to the playoffs and if they didn't win this game they'd be on a flight to St. Louis.

190749[/snapback]

holy hell, the guy had 20 TD's..Hasselback has bruised everything...who is the better goaline option? It worked, but I would rather have Willis run it in for us vs Drew and day of the week, if it was us.....

Exactly my point. Thank you. Wayne Fontes made sure his guy got the record. Thurman's last game was 1pm EST. Barry played at 4pm EST.

190757[/snapback]

Thats because the Bills had NOTHING to gain that week and held out Thurman for the BENEFIT of the team....what did Barry have to play for that year? Was there a home playoff game in the balance???

Exactly my point. Thank you. Wayne Fontes made sure his guy got the record. Thurman's last game was 1pm EST. Barry played at 4pm EST.

190757[/snapback]

But, Marv didn't by not starting Thurman.

Edgerrin very well could have won the rushing title as well yesterday.