Exhibit A of a Selfish Player

On a day when the Seahawks won the NFC West by less than 3 feet, Alexander came a yard short of the NFL's rushing title. A yard he believes he could have gotten on Seattle's last offensive play, when the Seahawks were at second-and-one on the Atlanta Falcons' 1-yard line.

For three straight plays, Alexander carried the ball from the Falcons' 16 to the shadow of the end zone. Then, instead of handing off to Alexander for the crowning run that would have tied him with the Jets' Curtis Martin with 1,697 yards, Holmgren called for a quarterback sneak. He sent Matt Hasselbeck lunging over the line, passing arm outstretched, until Hasselbeck disappeared in a pile of Falcons jerseys.

"We were going to win anyway, we were on the freaking goal line, and I got stabbed in the back," Alexander said in the locker room afterward before being quieted by a Seahawks media-relations employee.

Is this guy serious????

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a nut job. He was this way last year too. The guy is all business and he probably is more concerned about the cash than the rings.

190567[/snapback]

I agree...and if Thurman's Helmet reads this, maybe then he will realize what a selfish player means...instead of obsessing about Manning.

I can kinda see his point. When you compete with the best, you want to be the best. Think anyone will look at the history books and say, "Look, Alexander was the #2 RB in the league that year." No, they'll just see the #1. He's got every reason to be miffed IMHO (assuming it was first and goal).

That said, I don't see why he should be *angry* about it to the exclusion of all else (from the sounds of it). You just won the division, be happy!

CW

Fug him.....Hasselback was my fantasy QB and that sneak put me over the top in our leauge championship!

He can blame the D for not getting the ball back in the last four minutes.

He can also blame himself for fumbling twice on the goal line in the last month of the season (once against the Jets, how ironic!)

The game between the Jets and the Rams was still going on when the Hawks/Falcons game started.

I hardly believe that Holmgren went in at half to see what Alexander needed for his rushing yards when the Hawks needed to win to play at home.

The game between the Jets and the Rams was still going on when the Hawks/Falcons game started.

I hardly believe that Holmgren went in at half to see what Alexander needed for his rushing yards when the Hawks needed to win to play at home.

190590[/snapback]

You are right. And there was still time left in the game too!! Seahawks could have easily gotten the ball back after that Hasselbeck TD and then Selfish Alexander could have gotten his carries.

I watched the end of that game and Alexander looked POd on the sideline. The announcers kept saying what a travesty it was that he would not get the opportunity for the rushing lead. I kept thinking to myself, these guys are trying to win a division title and home playoff game and all they are talking about is this jerk getting a yard? What an a-hole. Alexander actually looked disapointed when the falcons missed the two point conversion to send the game into overtime.

I watched the end of that game and Alexander looked POd on the sideline.  The announcers kept saying what a travesty it was that he would not get the opportunity for the rushing lead.  I kept thinking to myself, these guys are trying to win a division title and home playoff game and all they are talking about is this jerk getting a yard?  What an a-hole.  Alexander actually looked disapointed when the falcons missed the two point conversion to send the game into overtime.

190605[/snapback]

I was watching that too. He absolutely got jacked after the Falcons scored on the last play and there was hope for OT. He was definitely rooting for the tie.

Because the New York Jets had lost before the Bills played, the Bills could have earned their first playoff berth since 1999. But a squad of mostly backup players led the Pittsburgh Steelers to a 29-24 victory

-----------------

this is from that paper above. Way to be accurate.

Because the New York Jets had lost before the Bills played, the Bills could have earned their first playoff berth since 1999. But a squad of mostly backup players led the Pittsburgh Steelers to a 29-24 victory

-----------------

this is from that paper above. Way to be accurate.

190626[/snapback]

:P;):lol:

What is in that coffee in Seattle?!?!?!