Anyone remember Ohio street from the 70's?

What a blast that was! Just found some old film from those days of the car I built and ran-

Yeah sure :rolleyes: My 289 stang could do that easy. But really do any of you remember pre 1977 O street? Hiding from the cops at the small boat harbor? The night someone brought down a christmas tree? Share your memories.

What a blast that was! Just found some old film from those days of the car I built and ran-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_napOis7zs&feature=related

Yeah sure :rolleyes: My 289 stang could do that easy. But really do any of you remember pre 1977 O street? Hiding from the cops at the small boat harbor? The night someone brought down a christmas tree? Share your memories.

I grew up in the boonies in the 70's and our quarter mile ended at the railroad tracks. So not only did you run the risk of losing control after hitting the tracks but also the chance of getting sideswiped by a train. Yeah, us townies had balls. Well actually it wasn't balsy as much as it was stupid.

Yup. Use to go once and a while. Had a 67 Cutlass Convet, 442. 4 barrel Holly with a hurst shift kit. Won a few lost a few. I stop going cause the cops kept showing up to often. I didnt need any more points on my DL, already had enough. LOL

I will say this. Your thread brought back some pretty cool memories.

I grew up in the boonies in the 70's and our quarter mile ended at the railroad tracks. So not only did you run the risk of losing control after hitting the tracks but also the chance of getting sideswiped by a train. Yeah, us townies had balls. Well actually it wasn't balsy as much as it was stupid.

That was the beauty of O street. 4 lane one way road one mile long that went nowhere till it curved under the skyway and came back in the opposite direction. Perfect for getting away from the cops.

Some people died there though which why I mentioned 1977. Got real close to biting it myself.

That was the beauty of O street. 4 lane one way road one mile long that went nowhere till it curved under the skyway and came back in the opposite direction. Perfect for getting away from the cops.

Some people died there though which why I mentioned 1977. Got real close to biting it myself.

Cops??? :w00t:

Yup. Use to go once and a while. Had a 67 Cutlass Convet, 442. 4 barrel Holly with a hurst shift kit. Won a few lost a few. I stop going cause the cops kept showing up to often. I didnt need any more points on my DL, already had enough. LOL

When I got caught down there the cops took my license and said you can pick this back up at the Louisiana station, which I did a hour later. No ticket at all I think they where just trying to break us up.

But that was before the 74-77 accidents.

all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some !@#$in' muscle.

I was delivering pizza's in a retired cop car in 77, (440) Polara I had chains on my wheels so when the blizzard hit I drove through the ban and out ran the Amherst cops on a road which us pizza drivers referred to as Joe Mannix alley (sorry can't remember the name) but they were chasing me and I hit the rr tracks and flew over them and slammed on the brakes and turned off the lights and pulled into a driveway. They drove right past. I was high as a kite, the next delivery I did which was the last for my night a woman gave me a really nice bag of weed as a tip and later I got to know her a lot better ;) I made a lot of great tips in that storm. Ahh the 70s were so fun, wish I could remember more of them and the early 80s.

Sorry to get off topic but I crashed that car on Ohio, it was a great ride. !@#$, I raced sided my car and I bottomed it on the curb, screwed it up but I still drove it for 6 months then I crashed it into a car with no brake lights on as he sat turning left on Sheridan near forrest hill. My engine was almost in my lap. I had one accident in 30 odd some years driving after that and drove for a living about 12 or 13 of them. I ride a 50cc scooter these days :)

I remember a local street racer buying one Jim oddy blown engine just for that. So he would kill everyone

I remember once someone trailered a NHRA A/MP Camaro down there. This was 40 years ago but I remember the name on it was captain hook. I had never seen such a a incredibly fast car launch so clean and straight. And this was on the street! Good days. Dangerous though.

I remember a local street racer buying one Jim oddy blown engine just for that. So he would kill everyone

I think Jim Oddy is still around, small shop that never appears open, on Bullis near Transit in Elma

Great days back then, I had a 340 Duster, 340 Cuda. My friend had a 383 Roadrunner with a 750 d-pumper that hauled ass

It was like that scene from American Graffiti. We used to go there pretty often - around 1969-70.

My friend would get home from school, uncap the headers on his Nova (327 cu in, 375 hp), pop on his wrinkle wall slicks, and head into the night. One time that I did not go, almost every other guy on my block was caught and arrested for "unlawful assembly".

Usually, we could get away and lie low by the Coast Guard building that housed the hydrofoil.

Those were some sweet days!

There was a place in Perry NY - Dead Man's Hill (or curve - I dis-remember). Young and dumb!

There was a place in Perry NY - Dead Man's Hill (or curve - I dis-remember). Young and dumb!

I loved going to Perry Raceway and watch the crazies race. We had a local guy who ran a collision shop in town and raced there. The guy was a freakin' nut and kicked ass there. Every time he went by the stands he's look over grin and wave and we'd moon him. Good times!

I think Jim Oddy is still around, small shop that never appears open, on Bullis near Transit in Elma

Great days back then, I had a 340 Duster, 340 Cuda. My friend had a 383 Roadrunner with a 750 d-pumper that hauled ass

Jim oddy sold his business who used his name. The place is closed and the bldg is for sale.

It was like that scene from American Graffiti. We used to go there pretty often - around 1969-70.

My friend would get home from school, uncap the headers on his Nova (327 cu in, 375 hp), pop on his wrinkle wall slicks, and head into the night. One time that I did not go, almost every other guy on my block was caught and arrested for "unlawful assembly".

Usually, we could get away and lie low by the Coast Guard building that housed the hydrofoil.

Those were some sweet days!

I never went to the coast guard building just the SB harbor. One night the cops got smart and barricaded the road under the bridge before coming in. Everyone got busted. My memory of O street goes from 74-78. Pre accident 74 was wide open, never saw a cop. Then those two got killed in 74 and they clamped down for a bit then relaxed for a while. When 3 got killed in 77 it was over.

• 1 month later...