How can our defense be this bad??

Does Wannstedt have a clue?? Has he been away from the pro game as a game plannertand gameday decision maker too long??How can the Bills not blitz at least one player straight up the middle to get in Hasselback's face on 4th and 9 with the game on the line?? You had to know that Tenn. was going to have to throw the ball into the end zone on that play and that a pass was surely going to be made. Why not rush Hasselback's throw or obscure his vision??There's not a team in the NFL that doesn't blitz the QB as often as possible........save for the Bills..........especially in the red zone!!I'm disgusted with Wannstedt's decision making and with the way the Bills lost this past Sunday.Changes are going to be made very soon if this continues.

Was watching the Lions Bears game last night. Detroit back on their 10 yd line. Wanting to get a drive going to put pts on the board.

At the line of scrimmage, Bears had 4 down linemen, 2 linebackers at line, one LB waited a second, stunted around the DT, then Stafford had to rush his throw so he dumped it to Forte in the flat. Meanwhile, the other LB on the line showed blitz but dropped back and caught Forte in the flat for a 2 yd gain. It was picture perfect.

Same scenario but with Bills D: 4 down linemen, three LB's. Stafford would drop back, wait 4 seconds to find his best receiver (probably against A. Williams), LB's would make a mad scramble over to that side, the ball would be delivered perfectly instride to the receiver. A. Williams would fall to the ground, the LB's would be chasing the WR down the field, the WR would hold his hand out with ball in hand taunting our LB's, 6 pts scored.

I'm sick of our D...we are a laughing stock.

i'm shocked we can't get to the qb. we have 4 pass rushers vs only 5 of their linemen plus a rb pass blocking.

oh wait...hmm...maybe we should do some stunts and confuse their linemen. nah, that would take too much GAME PLANNING BY OUR DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR. easier just to rush 4

Wannastache is a half genius/half lucky, zero talented stooge. He has figured out how to fool the boneheads who run football teams into letting him coach based on some past success he was involved with 20 years ago. I wish he had stayed in Pitt, coaching their team into the ground.

Wanny's never built any defense or any team. He's inherited them and made them worse. He's ridden Jimmy Johnson's coat tails and by that association, and that association alone, it has been perceived that he is a "wonder boy". Well, the truth is, he's a total farce.

Real DC's are on the sidelines with their troops, not up in the comfort of a skybox. You can't have the pulse of your defense when you're not on the sidelines... it's impossible. Dick LeBeau, Wade Phillips, Mike Nolan, the Ryan boys, Rod Marinelli, the late Jimmy Johnson... they are real DCs....something Wanny ain't nor will he ever be. Wanny is the biggest scam ever, in the NFL.

There is no doubt in my mind if Wanny were to be canned today that the defense would improve immediately, simply by that POS subtraction.

It is so frustrating to watch and has been for the past 3 years.. the feeling of impending doom and the fact that you know the D is going to get gashed. Opposing offenses have no fear playing against this D. They never dictate to the other team how it is going to be played.

Why do I keep coming back here? I get mad every time.

Wanny couldn't stop my flag football team's offense. These players, M. Williams especially, are not playing with any ferocity. That is coaching. You don't blitz, even when your D line isn't doing the job. That is mind-numbingly bad coaching. You've been grossly outschemed in four games. You're a joke, this entire D is a joke, and you appear in way over your head.

If this guy isn't roaming the sidelines, riling up the players, and calling blitzes, or at least getting pressure on the QB by the Texans game, he deserves to be fired and run out of town. I think eight games is enough of a metric.

Edited by Just in Atlanta

I've been looking for a place for this stat and I suppose this thread is as good as any.

13 skill position players have had their best game against the Bills this year!

That really is incredible. Seems like a good time to scoop up Kevin Walter off the fantasy waivers.

I am not ready to give up on the players they don't have a full season together I'd give them only 10% of the blame & the the other 90% goes to the coaching staff , if the players are still playing bad under a different coaching staff then you start cleaning house

The worst part of it is that Mario is getting $50M in guaranteed money.

Its gonna hurt us for many years to come. Levitre, Byrd, Spiller/ Wood in a few years. Gonna be tough to pay these guys

Mario Wiliams seemed to me to be coasting on many plays Sunday. He was not double teamed, and when Moore went to that side, he put more pressure on the qb than Williams did. You're absolutely right, this signing is going to have lasting repercusions on this team. He is clearly a bust and now the team will be in salary cap jail because of it. At what point do they cut ties with this guy? How long are we stuck with him?

Edited by first_and_ten