Let's face it, it will be 13 years of missing the playoffs

I'm glad the Bills started out the season the way they did, instead of giving us false hope that they are actually a good football team, then pull the wool from our eyes and say "Surprise...fooled you again...HAHAHAHA!!!!!!" I'm getting ready to markup another year of missing the playoffs, and going through a new Head Coaching search at the end of the season. Just like everyone else (to use some wrestling terminology), nobody wants another "Jabroni" or "Ham and Egger" as the next Bills HC. My personal choice would be Marty Schottenheimer. I feel "Marty Ball" would be perfect for the Bills right now, as they have a great 1-2 punch at RB. If not Marty, I wouldn't mind Brian Billick. After how abysmal the defense is, nobody would want Wannsuck as the Bills HC.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea and I dont think it is being a bad fan saying it either. We dont deserve this, especially after the offseason we had and thinking that all of our defensive holes were fixed. I actually dont understand in any way how our defense could possibly any worse then it was last year when virtually the only thing we lost was drayton florence who we cut. I just dont get it.

Make that 14 years without the playoffs, at a minimum. Even under the best case scenario where we hire a competent coach and draft a franchise QB in the offseason, you're looking at a minimum of one season to develop the QB and install the new coach's philosophy. So, if everything falls just right for us, you're looking at a team that could possibly have a chance at the postseason in January 2015. Given our history, my guess is that we get the coaching change/frachise QB thing wrong for one more cycle (an additional 3-4 years), so we're looking at playoffs in 2018-2019. That would put us at roughly 20 years since our last playoff game.

It's funny, I remember my Dad and I laughing and making fun of my mother for crying after we lost the Homerun Throwback game. We told her it was just a game and that they'd make the playoffs next year. If only we knew, we would have been crying right along with her.

Make that 14 years without the playoffs, at a minimum. Even under the best case scenario where we hire a competent coach and draft a franchise QB in the offseason, you're looking at a minimum of one season to develop the QB and install the new coach's philosophy. So, if everything falls just right for us, you're looking at a team that could possibly have a chance at the postseason in January 2015. Given our history, my guess is that we get the coaching change/frachise QB thing wrong for one more cycle (an additional 3-4 years), so we're looking at playoffs in 2018-2019. That would put us at roughly 20 years since our last playoff game.

It's funny, I remember my Dad and I laughing and making fun of my mother for crying after we lost the Homerun Throwback game. We told her it was just a game and that they'd make the playoffs next year. If only we knew, we would have been crying right along with her.

You're math sounds just about right! If all of that happens, Brady will be retired and the Bills might have a legitimate shot in the AFC East (given they get a competent QB and a competent coaching staff). Too bad we have to wait that long for it to happen! :censored::wallbash::bag:

I cried as well. I was in 3rd grade. I'm 21 years old now.

This season isn't completely lost though. The bye is coming at a perfect time and this is what needs to happen:

1) Fire Wanny. Either promote or bring in a low-budget guy with some Perry Fewell-like fire. I occasionally go to Giants training camp (I live in Albany) and this guy was a phenomenal coach. We have the talent, we just need the motivation and some different schemes. Maybe we could possibly dial up a blitz on 3rd down???

2) Bench Aaron Williams or Move him to Free Safety. Ron Brooks should be healthy and McKelvin can't possibly be that much worse.

3) Get TJax involved in the wildcat. Imagine Fred, CJ and TJax all in the backfield! Wow. Even though our offense isn't the problem, it would be fun to watch.

4) Switch around our D-Line. Let Carrington get in on the action, I like the guy alot and he's a playmaker. Kelsey has been a solid pass rusher. Merriman should be in on 3rd and longs.

We're 3-4 guys. After the Houston game, our schedule gets a lot easier. We need to make alot of adjustments on defense, and I trust that Chan is smart enough to see that.

Before the season I thought predictions of the Bills making the playoffs were a sure sign that those end of the world prophecies were true. But now with prospects for a playoff spot fading faster than the nighttime temperatures in the Fall I feel certain we'll live to see the 2013 season. As tradition requires, we will be lead to believe that improvements have been made and winning is sure to follow only to be bitterly disappointed one more time.

I'm glad the Bills started out the season the way they did, instead of giving us false hope that they are actually a good football team, then pull the wool from our eyes and say "Surprise...fooled you again...HAHAHAHA!!!!!!" I'm getting ready to markup another year of missing the playoffs, and going through a new Head Coaching search at the end of the season. Just like everyone else (to use some wrestling terminology), nobody wants another "Jabroni" or "Ham and Egger" as the next Bills HC. My personal choice would be Marty Schottenheimer. I feel "Marty Ball" would be perfect for the Bills right now, as they have a great 1-2 punch at RB. If not Marty, I wouldn't mind Brian Billick. After how abysmal the defense is, nobody would want Wannsuck as the Bills HC.

Hate to say it but it will probably be longer than 13 years, at this rate it may be for eternity!