tv shows online

PaattMaann

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then what are you saying? You seem to justify doing illegal things because you disagree with the law.

Wrong. Read my post(s). Im saying that not every act is the same and therefore doesnt fall under that law or your blanket terms. Even if people in the industry want to try to lump them together for their convenience/further profit.

There are too many different parts for this to be so simple.

The fact that you are trying to make it so black and white, and so generalized, shows just how out of touch you are. Or that you cant read. Or that you are just trying to be antagonistic.

However, as an aside from this conversation, I do agree with doing illegal things if/when the law is unfair or the act is justified. A wise man once said "Laws are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools." But keep being a good little sheep and follow everything anyone tells you, right?

So get your last word in next because Im done responding to anyone but tgreg from here on out.

So when does it become stealing versus sharing?

Let's say I don't have cable but my girlfriend does. She pays for all the content but I go to her house to watch it all for free.

Or she has one of those old VCR machines and records a tape full of my favorite shows which she passes to me so I can watch them all in my own living room for free.

Or she is tech savvy and digitally records these shows for me and then transfers them to a network drive that only the two of us can access and from there I can watch them in the comfort of my own home for free.

Or she is not my girlfriend and just some stranger who uploads them to a site where I can download them and watch them in my own home for free.

I think Dr. nailed it...

This is all a lot less black and white than some of these arguments are trying to make it and it has been around forever. For all of you guys so adamantly against it... can you all honestly say you never dubbed a cassette or record back in the day? And don't say the new technology somehow makes it more illegal, that's BS because the piracy level is exactly the same.

Let's say I don't have cable but my girlfriend does. She pays for all the content but I go to her house to watch it all for free.

Or she has one of those old VCR machines and records a tape full of my favorite shows which she passes to me so I can watch them all in my own living room for free.

Or she is tech savvy and digitally records these shows for me and then transfers them to a network drive that only the two of us can access and from there I can watch them in the comfort of my own home for free.

Or she is not my girlfriend and just some stranger who uploads them to a site where I can download them and watch them in my own home for free.

I think Dr. nailed it...

This is all a lot less black and white than some of these arguments are trying to make it and it has been around forever. For all of you guys so adamantly against it... can you all honestly say you never dubbed a cassette or record back in the day? And don't say the new technology somehow makes it more illegal, that's BS because the piracy level is exactly the same.

yesss, yessss yessssss!!!!

Wrong. Read my post(s). Im saying that not every act is the same and therefore doesnt fall under that law or your blanket terms. Even if people in the industry want to try to lump them together for their convenience/further profit.

There are too many different parts for this to be so simple.

The fact that you are trying to make it so black and white, and so generalized, shows just how out of touch you are. Or that you cant read. Or that you are just trying to be antagonistic.

However, as an aside from this conversation, I do agree with doing illegal things if/when the law is unfair or the act is justified. A wise man once said "Laws are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools." But keep being a good little sheep and follow everything anyone tells you, right?

So get your last word in next because Im done responding to anyone but tgreg from here on out.

So I have to be in the industry or a techie to make the point that I've made all along that the bolded part is you in a nutshell. That you feel that because you think a law is wrong you're going to break it. Wow that's pretty juvenile and was exactly how I felt when I was 17. I think most people have a hell of a lot more respect for a "sheep" such as me than a juvenile such as you. Once again, I'd love to see the list of laws you consistantly break because you disagree with them.

So I have to be in the industry or a techie to make the point that I've made all along that the bolded part is you in a nutshell. That you feel that because you think a law is wrong you're going to break it. Wow that's pretty juvenile and was exactly how I felt when I was 17. I think most people have a hell of a lot more respect for a "sheep" such as me than a juvenile such as you. Once again, I'd love to see the list of laws you consistantly break because you disagree with them.

so you have never once went even one mile over the speed limit? thats against the law....

i love when people try to paint themselves as saints

of course there are laws/rules that people dont agree with and break

Not sure why you're going off the charts with this. If I spot a TV show on the internet I would like to see I should cover my eyes and scream " oh no thats stealing!"

Not sure why you're going off the charts with this. If I spot a TV show on the internet I would like to see I should cover my eyes and scream " oh no thats stealing!"

I think it depends on where you see it. Services like Hulu or a networks own webpage are okay, I watch some shows that way, and they have included commercials. But thankfully, only 15-30 seconds, not the 2-3 minutes you get watching on TV.

I think Dr. nailed it...

Is the person sharing the file making any money whether it is from subscriptions or advertisements? At that point, you definitely have someone who stole something and someone who is receiving stolen goods.

Stumbling across a program on the internet is not the same as going to a message board and soliciting ideas on how to break the law.

Stumbling across a program on the internet is not the same as going to a message board and soliciting ideas on how to break the law.

My list of crimes go's back to the 70's when I snuck into the drive in in my buddies 64 Bonnivile's trunk. And we didn't pay! All 3 of us jammed in there! But we broke the law ! saw the movie for free!! Who the hell cares?

!@!

My list of crimes go's back to the 70's when I snuck into the drive in in my buddies 64 Bonnivile's trunk. And we didn't pay! All 3 of us jammed in there! But we broke the law ! saw the movie for free!! Who the hell cares?

!@!

Let's go back 35-40 years. Ask the owner of the drive-in of they cared if you snuck in and watched the movie for free. I think we'd find someone who cares.

!@!

Did you buy anything from the snack bar? Maybe the two cancel each other out?

Stealing: Coming on my farm and taking a cow.

Borrowing: Getting one of my steaks, eating it, coming back and :censored: ting it out in my pasture.

Go ahead, and try either. If I get caught with my hand in the cookie jar I know the outcome could be bad. Whether you say the cookie jar has 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.004 cookies and they'd never notice if I took just one bite or that each cookie of that jar is a job, whatever... leave the jar open, in the middle of a busy area, with no camera, in the dark, with no one knowing each other, and human nature just prevails.

Edited by jboyst62