With the game on the line..

How does Wilson not intercept Hasselbeck's pass that hits him right in the stomach? Do they not practice catching the damn ball during the week? I think a high school safety makes that catch all day long. Hell I could have caught that. Seriously what the hell?

I don't fault him for that. Ball went through a maze of players and hit him in the gut. It happens.

His safety play has been atrocious however. He has been no help at all to the corners, especially Williams. He needs to sit.

Especially being a former WR. Just inexcusable. You knew those missed opportunities for takeaways would come back and bite. The losing culture just seems to permeate this defense's soul. A pats or Ravens defender would make an expression of anger at missing the INT. We celebrate the incompletion. The whole mentality of this defense is wrong. Major changes are needed here, as the next two games will effectively knock us out of the playoffs. We needed this one to stay afloat, and giving up this kind of yardage to an offensively challenged team is sickening.

Especially being a former WR. Just inexcusable. You knew those missed opportunities for takeaways would come back and bite. The losing culture just seems to permeate this defense's soul. A pats or Ravens defender would make an expression of anger at missing the INT. We celebrate the incompletion. The whole mentality of this defense is wrong. Major changes are needed here, as the next two games will effectively knock us out of the playoffs. We needed this one to stay afloat, and giving up this kind of yardage to an offensively challenged team is sickening.

Wilson did so.

Wilson had a bad day today and he really he has been a step behind all season. Poor tackling and slow to make decisions as evidenced by the last TD. His play is in decline.

Has anyone seen that Whitner kid latey? :w00t:

Edited by Bob in STL