Official Drew vs. JP thread

I know, I know...there are a billion threads already like this....but what do you guys think?? Is one year enough for JP to come in and start playing?

I say the fact that he's mobile and can move and has fire like Jim Kelly are plenty reason for him to be the man in 2005....I envision him being like Carson Palmer and put up those numbers if he comes in

I know, I know...there are a billion threads already like this....but what do you guys think?? Is one year enough for JP to come in and start playing?

I say the fact that he's mobile and can move and has fire like Jim Kelly are plenty reason for him to be the man in 2005....I envision him being like Carson Palmer and put up those numbers if he comes in

190387[/snapback]

JP. Kid better put the XBox in the closet and be studying hard and working out all winter.

The problem is that we were so close to the playoffs. If we had ended up 5-11 or 6-10 there wouldn't be a chance Drew would be back. I think it should be looked at fairly for both parties (Drew and JP).

I would lean towards JP. Drew had his opportunities.

my completely honest opinion is that we should bring in a better veteran than drew (through trade, if needed) and try to win a super bowl with this defense in the next two years. playing drew or developing losman would be wasting the defense. the only possible way that statement could be untrue is if losman is as good as roethlitberger, who seems like he's a one in a generation type deal, unfortunately.

I don't feel like writing a long post write now, but in my head I was just ranking Drew's results on a scale of 1 to 5 for each game this year.

The only games he graded out CLEARLY above average in my view, were the Rams, Dolphins, and 49ers. Does anyone disagree with that?

For the games the Bills won without him having to do much (Cincy, Jets) I gave him a 3, and I did the same for the games they didn't score enough points but limited their mistakes (Jags, Jets). If anything, I think that's being generous.

I don't see anything promising about a healthy 12 year veteran having 2 good games (Rams&49ers), 1 great game (Miami), 4 atrocious games (Raiders, Pats, Ravens, Steelers) and 9 mediocre games.