The October Surprise

B-Man

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Atlas Shrugged part II. They had a line about businesses can't do anything without government and that capitalism has failed. This was made before Obama famous statement, but he must have seen a preview and thought it was a great line. He probably thinks the John Galters are the problem and that the government is right in that movie.

Of course Obama sees John Galters as a problem. If the productive members of society decide it is no longer in their own self interest to be productive, where will the wealth come from to sustain the politicians, bureaucrats, and Obama's voter base?

This just 'victimizes' Obama as OC had previously alluded to. Now the President can rise 'above' instead of answering to his own record.....for at least a few hours anyway. Trump should stay out of the way right now....and since when is a proposal a 'story?'

Not with this. This is actually the anti-"thing I was talking about" :lol: Donald Trump proves yet again why he has his money. :lol:

You guys may yell at me...but wait until you hear me out. I actually see the approach in Trump's "Deal" here.

Consider the takeaway cases:

1. Obama ignores...then Trump has found a way to get the "Manchurian Candidate" and "birther" stories back into the news, but, in such away that the left can't do anything about it...because "it's for the charity". :lol:

2. Obama engages...(like an idiot) and while I don't see much in terms of the birther thing, I know Obama's college transcript has holes, because everybody's does. :lol: Now we are talking about a story that has no chance being anything other than an embarrassment, and Obama is losing campaign air days over nothing.

3. Obama denies...and now doubt is created.

In all cases, Trump wins. Obama's best bet is go with #1, which is what he seems to be doing. But, Trump still wins, because he's successfully posited the stories once again in people's minds, and he didn't have to pay a nickel.

You can call him evil :devil:, or a massive troll, but you can't call him dumb. :lol:

In all cases, Trump wins. Obama's best bet is go with #1, which is what he seems to be doing. But, Trump still wins, because he's successfully posited the stories once again in people's minds, and he didn't have to pay a nickel.

You can call him evil :devil:, or a massive troll, but you can't call him dumb. :lol:

Maybe. But perception is reality to a point. On the other side of the coin.....If a truly 'undecided' voter is turned off by 'transcript and birther stories' then this becomes a personal attack on the President. Whether valid or not, these stories will be interpreted by some as 'cheap politics.' Obama wins....and the more the 'free story' gets mentioned.....the more Obama is just 'being mistreated and unfairly characterized.' Just depends on the individual's take of the request/proposal....and that can be completely independent of Obama's response(s).

Donald's clearly not dumb...but he's brash. Romney has been gaining footing, in some respects, because of his 'cool' Presidential demeanor. He refused to wade into the mud in the last debate. Trump brings the mud right up to the steps of the White House. In my opinion, Obama has enough policy failures to focus on and Trump, in this instance, is distracting from that.

‘SEAL Team Six’ film recut to give Obama a more prominent role; Will air 2 nights before the election

By Doug Powers

The additional material will definitely not include footage of President Obama speaking at a $35,000 per person fundraiser this summer at the Connecticut home of the movie’s producer, Harvey Weinstein.

From the New York Times:

Thanks to the magic of editing, President Obama will have a starring role in a television drama about one of his biggest accomplishments — the killing of Osama bin Laden — that will
be shown just two nights before the presidential election

But the star turn is virtually certain to bolster claims that the approximately 90-minute film amounts to a political stunt. Set for a prime-time debut on Nov. 4 on the National Geographic Channel, and a release the next day on Netflix, the film — “SEAL Team Six: The Raid on Osama bin Laden” — is being
backed by Harvey Weinstein, a longtime Democratic contributor and one of the Obama campaign’s most vigorous backers
. Mr. Weinstein bought the rights to the film for about $2.5 million at the Cannes festival in May.

[...]

But
promotional materials and a copy of the movie provided to The New York Times this week also show that the film has been recut, using news and documentary footage to strengthen Mr. Obama’s role
and provide a window into decision-making in the White House.

In a joint interview on Tuesday Mr. Weinstein; the film’s director, John Stockwell; and others said the changes to the film were
but were meant to give the film a stronger sense of realism.

I’m guessing that by now the film has been digitally altered in post production to remove any visible bayonets.

Not only have they digitally removed the bayonets, but have also inserted Obama into the raid scene as the SEAL who shot bin Laden.

Maybe. But perception is reality to a point. On the other side of the coin.....If a truly 'undecided' voter is turned off by 'transcript and birther stories' then this becomes a personal attack on the President. Whether valid or not, these stories will be interpreted by some as 'cheap politics.' Obama wins....and the more the 'free story' gets mentioned.....the more Obama is just 'being mistreated and unfairly characterized.' Just depends on the individual's take of the request/proposal....and that can be completely independent of Obama's response(s).

Donald's clearly not dumb...but he's brash. Romney has been gaining footing, in some respects, because of his 'cool' Presidential demeanor. He refused to wade into the mud in the last debate. Trump brings the mud right up to the steps of the White House. In my opinion, Obama has enough policy failures to focus on and Trump, in this instance, is distracting from that.

Hey, given the way this thing has been going....it's hard to see the forest, or the trees, and you may be right. :lol:

I mean the polls are giving me a F'ing headache. The internals don't make any F'ing sense at all. Therefore, we can't know just how soft the electorate really is, so we can't know how much effect something like this Trump stuff will have.

One thing I am certain of? Nate Silver is a moron. :lol: