What if Romney wins the popular vote and Obama wins the electoral vote

Looking over Rasmussen's Electoral College Scoreboard at:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/archive/2012_electoral_college_scoreboard

If you give all the states in which Romney is ahead to Romney, and the states where Obama is ahead to Obama, it comes out to a 252-252 tie with 3 tied states, Iowa(6), Wisconsin (10), and Ohio (18).

252+18 = that magic number :lol:

Looking over Rasmussen's Electoral College Scoreboard at:

http://www.rasmussen...lege_scoreboard

If you give all the states in which Romney is ahead to Romney, and the states where Obama is ahead to Obama, it comes out to a 252-252 tie with 3 tied states, Iowa(6), Wisconsin (10), and Ohio (18).

252+18 = that magic number :lol:

Pretty sure Wisconsin and Iowa are in Obama's corner. But, it would still come down to Ohio anyways.

http://www.politico.com//blogs/burns-haberman/2012/10/priorities-usa-poll-obama-up-in-virginia-147513.html

Another poll with Obama leading in Virginia. I'm just saying it will be over really early if this is true. Obama won't need much more if the The Old Dominion goes blue again. Won't need Florida, Ohio or Colorado. I guess we will be sending the governor there a great big thank you for delivering the womens vote :)

http://www.politico....nia-147513.html

Another poll with Obama leading in Virginia. I'm just saying it will be over really early if this is true. Obama won't need much more if the The Old Dominion goes blue again. Won't need Florida, Ohio or Colorado. I guess we will be sending the governor there a great big thank you for delivering the womens vote :)

No bias in that, eh?

Barack Obama leads Mitt Romney by 3 points in the state of Virginia, 49 percent to 46 percent, according to polling conducted for the pro-Obama super PAC Priorities USA Action.

Democratic pollster Geoff Garin announced the results on Twitter Sunday. The poll was conducted Oct. 25-27, testing 807 respondents with live interviews, Garin said, with a 1-point edge for Democrats in the sample.

In an email, Garin said that Obama's support among women (he leads 53 percent to 42 percent) and college-educated white voters of both genders puts Obama "right at the mark he needs to be hitting with whites overall to win the state."

The results are similar to the Washington Post poll Maggie posted yesterday. These are likely some of the last Virginia numbers we get for a while, given the effect Hurricane Sandy will have on the state over the next week.

http://www.politico....nia-147513.html

Nice thing about you posting polls is that I can automatically discount them, knowing that you would only cherry-pick polls that confirm your own bias.

Nice thing about you posting polls is that I can automatically discount them, knowing that you would only cherry-pick polls that confirm your own bias.

Do whatever you like Tom. Like I said, just saying it's out there. No need to get upset about a poll showing Romney losing in a traditionally Southern Conservative state. NC is looking a little tighter as well. We might know the presumed winner of the election by 10 pm :)

There is NO way Obama wins VA. No way. I have NO evidence, it's just what I have seen and heard living here. If I am wrong about this, I will voluntarily withdraw from PPP....

Depends where you are in Virginia

In Virgina Beach/Chesapeake area it looks like an overwhelming Romney victory. In Norfolk and Portsmouth it looks like a strong Obama victory. But then again parts of P-Town also look like Detroit or Chicago

In Virgina Beach/Chesapeake area it looks like an overwhelming Romney victory. In Norfolk and Portsmouth it looks like a strong Obama victory. But then again parts of P-Town also look like Detroit or Chicago

Can't see Obama losing NoVA, either.

Can't see Obama losing NoVA, either.

Neither can I.

But, this "undertow" theory seems to be gaining some ground. Undertow, as in: Obama wins NoVA, but by margins that are blown away by the rest of the state, because his base doesn't show up in anywhere near the #s they were expected to. Basically "reverse John McCain", which is how Obama won VA.

This same thing is already being documented in Democratic strongholds in Ohio in the early voting #s. Even crazy ass Nevada is starting to look this way.

Caveat: there is of course the possibility that the reason all these D voters aren't showing up as Ds, and why R turnout has increased: these Ds actually all voted as Rs, for Santorum, in the primary. :lol: No, really, there really are people running with that "explanation". Yes, 220+k Ds in Ohio all went "activist" and cared enough to go vote for Santorum. :lol: Reality: At best, 10k did. What about the other 210k?

I'd love to unleash you on some of the D boards I am lurking on, and see what your "you're an idiot"/minute rate would be.

True. However, I think that the rest of the state will make up the difference for Romms.

And love the Tim Curry avatar BTW!