Tebowing now protected by trademark

l< j

Quoting below: "The devout Christian says his representatives filed on his behalf not for financial gain, but "'to just control how it's used, make sure it's used in the right way.'"

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/20608544/jets-tebow-gets-trademark-on-tebowing

As strong an argument as I've seen about the need to revisit intellectual property rights. (I know, usually that phrase applies to patents and copyrights, but still.)

Has anyone started the tumblr page on this yet?

Other players dropped to a knee on the field before him. Wouldn't that invalidate the trademark?

I don't care that he is a Christian (or not). Or that he likes to put it on display. But here he has done something else, using trademark laws to 'protect' speech. Almost makes me wish Stevie draws up an awesome mocking Tebow thing next time we play them. (And I hope he is in a position to do so, even more importantly!)

kj

I think its a disgrace that Chick-fil-a can copyright 'eat more.......' There is nothign unique about that at all. Our government sucks

Is this serious? If so, I agree...that's damn stupid. I don't even go to chick fil a anymore cause they are so damn annyoing there. There's a difference between being polite and providing good service, and being so over the top that it's nauseating.

Is this serious? If so, I agree...that's damn stupid. I don't even go to chick fil a anymore cause they are so damn annyoing there. There's a difference between being polite and providing good service, and being so over the top that it's nauseating.

I stopped going to Chickfila because they charge $5 for a chicken sandwich. Is that to compensate for the high price of the pickle juice that they soak their chicken in?

I stopped going to Chickfila because they charge $5 for a chicken sandwich. Is that to compensate for the high price of the pickle juice that they soak their chicken in?

chicken retatta sandwich?

Quoting below: "The devout Christian says his representatives filed on his behalf not for financial gain, but "'to just control how it's used, make sure it's used in the right way.'"

http://www.cbssports...ark-on-tebowing

As strong an argument as I've seen about the need to revisit intellectual property rights. (I know, usually that phrase applies to patents and copyrights, but still.)

Has anyone started the tumblr page on this yet?

Other players dropped to a knee on the field before him. Wouldn't that invalidate the trademark?

I don't care that he is a Christian (or not). Or that he likes to put it on display. But here he has done something else, using trademark laws to 'protect' speech. Almost makes me wish Stevie draws up an awesome mocking Tebow thing next time we play them. (And I hope he is in a position to do so, even more importantly!)

kj

I wonder if would trademark sucking and sue Fitz for not paying royalities.

Another scam artist. Tim Tebow is a damn joke!