67th Annual Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation Dinner

dayman

http://www.breakingnews.com/topic/2012-elections

Anyone watching any of this? I don't even know if I'll watch it but may catch some to see if either guy is actually funny (Bush was pretty funny)

67th Annual Alfred E. Smith Memorial

Foundation Dinner

Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Waldorf=Astoria

Keynote Speakers:

President Barack Obama and Governor Mitt Romney

Edited by TheNewBills

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone watching any of this? I don't even know if I'll watch it but may catch some to see if either guy is actually funny (Bush was pretty funny)

67th Annual Alfred E. Smith Memorial

Foundation Dinner

Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Waldorf=Astoria

Keynote Speakers:

President Barack Obama and Governor Mitt Romney

Thanks for the tip. BTW, if you are interested, I have several extra tickets for the 138th Alfred G. Packer Nostalgia Dinner that you and a few friends can have. In fact, we could probably fill a whole table of you guys.

Thanks for the tip. BTW, if you are interested, I have several extra tickets for the 138th Alfred G. Packer Nostalgia Dinner that you and a few friends can have. In fact, we could probably fill a whole table of you guys.

Ya you would kill at the Al Smith dinner

btw link

http://www.breakingnews.com/topic/2012-elections

here goes mitt now

Both funny. Mitt was heavier on roasting Obama...and it made his speech more funny.

Paraphrase: "I know how to debate. Set up a straw man and attack it mercilessly. Big Bird didn't' know what hit him. But in the spirit of Sesame Street Obama's remarks are brought to you by the letter O, and the number 16 Trillion."

hehe

TNB:

Thanks for posting this. Both were pretty funny, but Mitt surprised the hell out of me. He nailed it (obviously with the help of his writer/s) You still have to have the right timing though. Going first and stealing the obvious jokes like "who built it" gave him an advantage. Obama, although good, didn't quite have it---seemed a little like he was mailing it in. Not that he was bad, just that he's so much of a smoother speaker that he should be able to do jokes better.

TNB:

Thanks for posting this. Both were pretty funny, but Mitt surprised the hell out of me. He nailed it (obviously with the help of his writer/s) You still have to have the right timing though. Going first and stealing the obvious jokes like "who built it" gave him an advantage. Obama, although good, didn't quite have it---seemed a little like he was mailing it in. Not that he was bad, just that he's so much of a smoother speaker that he should be able to do jokes better.

No problem. Ya I thought it was entertaining, both funny. Also thought Mitt told better jokes (felt like he also told more jokes but I didn't keep track).

No problem. Ya I thought it was entertaining, both funny. Also thought Mitt told better jokes (felt like he also told more jokes but I didn't keep track).

I agree that Mitt was better but that may have been influenced by me thinking that he wouldn't do well when compared to Obama. Maybe Mitt just gets the most with what he has, eh? :-)

So you never look in the mirror I guess? Idiot!

This thread was friendly with a little bit of chiding, but no animosity. Then you, one of the stupidest posters here has to shoot his mouth off, again. Even the people on this board who are politically aligned with you would like to see you attend the Alfred G. Packer Dinner.

This thread was friendly with a little bit of chiding, but no animosity. Then you, one of the stupidest posters here has to shoot his mouth off, again. Even the people on this board who are politically aligned with you would like to see you attend the Alfred G. Packer Dinner.

Sorry! You are a good spokesperson for a lot of the people here, you are basically the representative of the majority, I congratulate you

Sorry! You are a good spokesperson for a lot of the people here, you are basically the representative of the majority, I congratulate you

You aren't even a !@#$ing retard. You should aspire to being a !@#$ing retard. Right now, you just give !@#$ing retards a bad name.

EVERYONE dislikes you. Even the people who would nominally agree with your politics wish you would stop embarrassing them by association. They've actually posted such. If you pulled your head out of your ass long enough to read what anyone else posted, you'd know how much of an embarrassing twerp you actually are.

(And next time I'm down in Norfolk, we have to have a beer together. At this point, we need to prove to each other than neither of us is as bad as we post. :lol:)

You aren't even a !@#$ing retard. You should aspire to being a !@#$ing retard. Right now, you just give !@#$ing retards a bad name.

EVERYONE dislikes you. Even the people who would nominally agree with your politics wish you would stop embarrassing them by association. They've actually posted such. If you pulled your head out of your ass long enough to read what anyone else posted, you'd know how much of an embarrassing twerp you actually are.

(And next time I'm down in Norfolk, we have to have a beer together. At this point, we need to prove to each other than neither of us is as bad as we post. :lol:)

Tom, I've got to say, you live up to your posts. Davey doesn't even do that.