SU Hoops 2012 edition...

The Poojer

It's hard to like anybody on the team not named C.J.

Very true. In the past, Brandon Triche has been one of my favorites, but his complete failure to respond to his senior leadership RESPONSIBILITIES has caused me to lose all respect for him. He has completely folded under the pressure. If I were Boeheim (and many might chide me for this) I would bench Triche for the Depaul game and start Cooney at the 2. That might light a fire under his nuts.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This team reminds me of those Terrance Roberts/ mookie Watkins teams. Oodles of talent, but still stink.

I look forward to Triche, southerland, and MCW leaving. I think we'll be better with the new guards coming in and cooney, grant, and Coleman getting minutes.

this team is also heading to the bubble. They'll lose at gtown and early in the bet.

Very true. In the past, Brandon Triche has been one of my favorites, but his complete failure to respond to his senior leadership RESPONSIBILITIES has caused me to lose all respect for him. He has completely folded under the pressure. If I were Boeheim (and many might chide me for this) I would bench Triche for the Depaul game and start Cooney at the 2. That might light a fire under his nuts.

I have no idea why Triche is such a polarizing player. On one side you have a legion of hyper-sensitive Gmac-like fanboys waiting to say "I told ya so, always loved him" after a good game @L'ville (I guess because he's local?). And on the other side is the "leadership" attackers (ie he doesn't talk enough but only brought up when he misses shots).

OK whatever. Bottom line is he is an average Big East Guard, which means he has good and bad games and has compiled a great record by being on good teams.

This team reminds me of those Terrance Roberts/ mookie Watkins teams. Oodles of talent, but still stink.

I look forward to Triche, southerland, and MCW leaving. I think we'll be better with the new guards coming in and cooney, grant, and Coleman getting minutes.

this team is also heading to the bubble. They'll lose at gtown and early in the bet.

Ya I'm not going to miss those guys too much. Do they have anyone to play Guard next yr other than Ennis & Cooney?

I have no idea why Triche is such a polarizing player. On one side you have a legion of hyper-sensitive Gmac-like fanboys waiting to say "I told ya so, always loved him" after a good game @L'ville (I guess because he's local?). And on the other side is the "leadership" attackers (ie he doesn't talk enough but only brought up when he misses shots).

OK whatever. Bottom line is he is an average Big East Guard, which means he has good and bad games and has compiled a great record by being on good teams.

Ya I'm not going to miss those guys too much. Do they have anyone to play Guard next yr other than Ennis & Cooney?

1. Michael "Silent G" Gbinije - Transfer from Duke. At 6' 7" he has the size to play the 3, and also the shooting talent to play the 2. He's a slasher who loves to drive and dish or take it to the rack and throw it down with authority. Very good outside shooter, and also an athletic guy who likes nothing better than to run the fast break. Also regarded as a good character kid who responds well to coaching.

2. Ron "Buss" Patterson - 3 star shooting guard (many scouts say he has elevated his ranking after this prep season) who was formerly committed to Indiana. Needs some polishing, but I hear he is a pretty solid outside shooter and plays very well in the clutch. He's also a great defender with a 6' 10" wingspan...will look really good at the top of that zone. Very strong kid...think Paul Harris with a jumper.

With Ennis holding down the point, I think we will have a pretty solid rotation of guards next year. Even more impressive is our incoming class of forwards highlighted by Lower Merion star BJ Johnson and Roselle Catholic's Tyler Roberson.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

If Ennis doesn't pan out, there is no real plan B at the point. Kinda scary. Maybe we should hope that MCW stays.

MCW needs to stay. I think he is gone but he won't be a top 10 pick. He is too inconsistent and a terrible ball handler. He does so much better playing off the ball I constantly wonder why Triche isn't bringing the ball up. I won't try to win a pulitzer but it seems obvious....

This team all year long I was off the bandwagon. Not a top 10 but a top 20 team. Then they beat Louisville and all of a sudden I was a believer, and the wheels fell off. Buffalo Bills type season for me - just as I dropped the cynicism - they dropped the winning....

If Ennis doesn't pan out, there is no real plan B at the point. Kinda scary. Maybe we should hope that MCW stays.

I don't think you have to worry about Ennis panning out...the guy is the real deal. Barring an injury to Ennis, we should be all set at PG next year. There still is a very outside chance of Cuse landing 4 star combo guard Rysheed Jordan from Philadelphia. He recently cut his list to St. Johns, UCLA, and Temple, but his interest in Syracuse has been long standing. He is not expected to make a final decision until late-April, and MCW leaving for the NBA could change his mind. Signing Jordan, IMO, would give Syracuse an embarrassment of riches at the guard position.

Saw this coming. Maybe this means that JB isn't nearly as close to retiring as we think he is.

Based on what I've seen recently, the recruiting is great, the game time coaching, not so much. Not sure who is in charge of what at SU.

Based on what I've seen recently, the recruiting is great, the game time coaching, not so much. Not sure who is in charge of what at SU.

I concur. After this season, maybe time to give Hopkins the reigns.

Meh, people say the same thing about every good recruiter (except maybe K) and recruiting is 95% of what matters.

Rumors the end is here:

http://m.deadspin.co...oeheim-retiring

Deadspin is real spotty on these. They run with question marks still around the story so sometimes they are first on it, sometimes flat wrong.

Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it. Great picture of JB mining for nose-gold in the article though.