Paul Ryan mistakes Colt McCoy for Brandon Weeden

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama has Middle East "adventures"? Can you even name one?

Maybe I should have said misadventures. I'm thinking of the apology tour he engaged in when he first took office. Backing a bunch anarchist's muslims in Egypt. The latest cover up in Libya. Leaking sensitive info to the press on US covert missions just to enhance the perception of his handling of the mid east.

Maybe I should have said misadventures. I'm thinking of the apology tour he engaged in when he first took office. Backing a bunch anarchist's muslims in Egypt. The latest cover up in Libya. Leaking sensitive info to the press on US covert missions just to enhance the perception of his handling of the mid east.

He backed somebody in Egypt? I thought he just didn't back Mubarak.

I suppose, in that case, a complete lack of action qualifies as an "adventure". Maybe.

Libya is not technically part of the Middle East.

Libya is not technically part of the Middle East.

Technically, yeah. But culturally, at this point in time, one could make the argument.

DOD puts Libya in AFRICOM'S responsibility, not CENTCOM (which commands in the Middle East). State lumps them with the Middle East under the Near Eastern Affairs Bureau. So even the government's inconsistent on it (which actually seems kind-of stupid, given the current international environment).